PDA

View Full Version : Cloak & Shotty PvP

auzy911
04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Does anyone else get very annoyed by how many people are running around with a sawed-off shotgun with cloak that will 1 hit you... I personally think that they should at least weaken them to the point so i'm not instantly killed by an invisible person. A 1 hit weapon is instantly ruining PvP, especially on TDM. Shadow War it's not as bad.

Bloodbath
04-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Yup, very bored of pvp on this game already. SG's and grenade launchers are abused to hell -.-

RAYNE Mois
04-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Every ego power is beyond deadly if used right, you just need to counter. Certain perks and a higher shield will make sure you don't get one shotted by cloakers.

elquietone
04-12-2013, 03:33 PM
I refuse to try to even use that weapon in PVP, while I have been one shoted with it, I can use a spread shot gun and make a perfect outline of the person, and not land 1 of the 8-12 pellets x 10 shots..... So, I don't think I'll try a gun that takes 10 days to reload and only lets you fire it once x2 barrels.

auzy911
04-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Every ego power is beyond deadly if used right, you just need to counter. Certain perks and a higher shield will make sure you don't get one shotted by cloakers.

Not sure how much more shield I can get. Currently 1350.

CharmCitysKing
04-12-2013, 03:38 PM
Does anyone else get very annoyed by how many people are running around with a sawed-off shotgun with cloak that will 1 hit you... I personally think that they should at least weaken them to the point so i'm not instantly killed by an invisible person. A 1 hit weapon is instantly ruining PvP, especially on TDM. Shadow War it's not as bad.

YE they are nerfing it in the big patch monday

auzy911
04-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Thank God..

Bloodbath
04-12-2013, 03:51 PM

Got me a nice big shield currently...and also the perk for 6% reduced damage too, still 1 shot every time >.< deffo needs a bit of balancing for pvp, practically no use whatsoever of snipers or smgs

driftix
04-12-2013, 04:08 PM

Well, that's good news :).

RAYNE Mois
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
Got me a nice big shield currently...and also the perk for 6% reduced damage too, still 1 shot every time >.< deffo needs a bit of balancing for pvp, practically no use whatsoever of snipers or smgs

6% isn't much, rear guard gives 30%, hunker down gives another 9, and fortified stance adds another 15. I know they have stipulations, but you pretty much just have to hold your ground and you'll survive the shot, what happens after that is all you.

auzy911
04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
6% isn't much, rear guard gives 30%, hunker down gives another 9, and fortified stance adds another 15. I know they have stipulations, but you pretty much just have to hold your ground and you'll survive the shot, what happens after that is all you.

Yah just hope your not moving and get shot in the back...

Atheosis
04-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Cloak is the real problem, not sawed-offs. Sawed-offs only being good in one particular context should make that evident.

auzy911
04-12-2013, 04:55 PM
Cloak is the real problem, not sawed-offs. Sawed-offs only being good in one particular context should make that evident.

It's the combination. Dont care if they got a sawed-off if I can see them. And i don't care if they are invisible as long as they cant one shot me. If they uncloak, I can at least roll and have a chance to fight back or run.

Brock 5amson
04-12-2013, 05:05 PM
I tried the whole pvp last night to do the 5 ego kills contract, I tried it with Bolt action + overcharge... some amazing headshots were done, but I got my *** handed to me.
Next game I decked a purple slug sawd offf... added cloak... and the laughter ensued. 6/0 in one game. Its way too damn OP seriously. Plus there were a few times when someone was using a combat shotgun completely ripping me apart in 2-3 hits... Tried to use my combat shotty *purp also with effect* didn't even dent em.

PvP damage needs to be worked on. I think I have more HP+Shield than anyone honestly. of course I have fortitude which is a dead giveaway. But I also have the beefiest shield i'v seen which clocks close to 1800 shield HP. So even I get one shotted lol.

YuKi TheSniper
04-12-2013, 08:09 PM
i thought i was the only one lol every time i die cloak and shotgun feels like im playing crisis 3

Big Worm
04-12-2013, 08:49 PM
im not a fan of that gun ether but i dont want them making it weaker ether, cuz then the gun will be broken, just tough it up and use decoy on them it uncloaks them guys

rralpheboy
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
I haven't tried PvP yet, still on Co-op. Thanks for the heads up though, I can see how that can get annoying real quick.

Antialles
04-12-2013, 08:52 PM
lol for decoy it gives a Perk to uncloaking NPC`s / Players.....better look at the Perks before you cry -.-

Antialles
04-12-2013, 08:53 PM
dam right ;)

markgatty
04-12-2013, 08:57 PM
i have a question for all you pvp players out there.
is it the 1 shot from the shotgun or the cloak that is anoying? because if your getting 1 shotted by a shotgun you have problems. but if they use cloak and shotguns they are just going for easy kills. they dont need to nerf the shotguns they need to make it so the cloak abbility can be seen whilt the player moves around the map. as i always give an example of halo.... it would allow you to kill thgem before they get into the 1 shot kill range.

Big Worm
04-12-2013, 09:04 PM
they dont need to do that, just like i said above use decoy and there is a perk to uncloke them guys
i have a question for all you pvp players out there.
is it the 1 shot from the shotgun or the cloak that is anoying? because if your getting 1 shotted by a shotgun you have problems. but if they use cloak and shotguns they are just going for easy kills. they dont need to nerf the shotguns they need to make it so the cloak abbility can be seen whilt the player moves around the map. as i always give an example of halo.... it would allow you to kill thgem before they get into the 1 shot kill range.

misterwr0ng
04-12-2013, 11:22 PM
neither really. the major problem with pvp is that the maps are too small. making the use of any weapons other than a shotgun or an smg totally pointless. welcome to shotgunfest

auzy911
04-14-2013, 09:24 AM
lol for decoy it gives a Perk to uncloaking NPC`s / Players.....better look at the Perks before you cry -.-

I realize that, doesn't help much when everyone is running around doing this and the cooldown is a while. Including the fact that I would have to use it randomly in the chance that someone is near me. Even so, if I did uncloak them and kill them, now I am screwed for the next one.

Mindset
04-14-2013, 09:27 AM
they dont need to do that, just like i said above use decoy and there is a perk to uncloke them guys

You don't understand how balance works if you think you should have only one choice in order to counter another build effectively.

MrViewtiful
04-14-2013, 09:43 AM
infector is normaly really annoying in pvp :P

Freemason
04-14-2013, 10:54 AM
YEP, get the defensive perks, turn around, lob grenade to make them backpedal, and unload in their face... i am hardly ever killed by shotties anymore.

HAYABUSA DCLXVI
07-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Wag wah wah!

Haven't we had enough nerfs? You cry babies will never be happy...

Deal with it!

dwej1973
07-28-2014, 08:45 AM
Wag wah wah!

Haven't we had enough nerfs? You cry babies will never be happy...

Deal with it!

I agree Busa. LOOk at the Bloodhound and the gangbuster. Nerfed to the point of being useless. All be cause whinny Little babes who couldn't combat it. The only thing I saw wrong with those guns was the fact that the gangbuster could go through walls. Which wasn't fixed anyway. Instead they make the charge rate Stupid and then nerf how long it can be held to a fraction of what other charge guns hold. It is sad how bad pvp whiners get good weapons *&%ED to the point they become totally useless.

AND TRIONS ANSWER FOR WHY? BECAUSE GRENADES. Or your playing the game wrong.

N3gativeCr33p
07-28-2014, 08:47 AM
Knowing all of this makes me glad I didn't waste any reputation on those Defiant Few weapons right away.

dwej1973
07-28-2014, 08:49 AM
tHe crime fighter wasn't touched and is still good.

N3gativeCr33p
07-28-2014, 08:50 AM
tHe crime fighter wasn't touched and is still good.

Good to know, thanks.

Cavadus
07-28-2014, 08:56 AM
It's just the easiest build to play, period. I roll a quick repeater and tachmag SMG with Overcharge and do fine. I'm certainly not leet by any means but I usually go to 2:1 KDR in shadow wars with over twenty kills.

Yeah, sometimes I just die out of nowhere but then I think about all of the players I've one-shotted from beyond view range and it all works out.

PiccolaRivolta
07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
Rear Guard perk (plus all the survivability perks) and a Rhino/Ironclad shield will counter that easily.

Radiation or Bio resistance on your shield helps the best. People just run with those 2 elements on their weapons.

PiccolaRivolta
07-28-2014, 09:05 AM
I love how an old post can be treated as a new one

Well lol. I didn't notice it myself.

Zhedda
07-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have never seen any shotgun one-hit kill someone. Mind you that is at ego 5k+. It could be a scaling issue at lower levels. Zaggers certainly won't one-hit kill someone when they are scaled 5k+. Also, only issue with that weapon is the pumped up perk and epic bonus. The shotgun just needs a different epic bonus, and then a 10-15 second cooldown on pumped up. If they don't do that, people will just repeat the cycle with one shot rocket launchers or something else.

Deunan
07-28-2014, 10:58 AM
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have never seen any shotgun one-hit kill someone. Mind you that is at ego 5k+. It could be a scaling issue at lower levels. Zaggers certainly won't one-hit kill someone when they are scaled 5k+. Also, only issue with that weapon is the pumped up perk and epic bonus. The shotgun just needs a different epic bonus, and then a 10-15 second cooldown on pumped up. If they don't do that, people will just repeat the cycle with one shot rocket launchers or something else.This is a necro'd thread. There was no significant vertical scaling of weapons when this discussion occurred. Damage reduction perks also used to stack when this discussion occurred. All of this is a perfect example of why it's poor netiquette to necro threads.