PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot: Sharpshooting Savior

s0uthpawswagger
04-12-2013, 04:00 PM
does anybody have any tips of this one? I keep getting bronze 13k but no more, is it bugged? I see sliding raiders and crap on my screen. I really want the ego for this area, ugh!

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-12-2013, 04:07 PM
If you're seeing sliding 99ers then you're getting lag.

As far as tips, just aim for the head. Try to figure out just how much time the game will give you before your multiplyer goes down, then try to mold your gamestyle around that. Best thing to do is go for heashots, since most regular 99ers take one headshot, Goldrushers take 2, and Blacklungs take 4. You've got plenty of ammo to be able to get gold in this fashion. I usually waited until the 99ers stopped moving so much to shoot them and that worked out just fine for me.

s0uthpawswagger
04-12-2013, 04:18 PM

As far as tips, just aim for the head. Try to figure out just how much time the game will give you before your multiplyer goes down, then try to mold your gamestyle around that. Best thing to do is go for heashots, since most regular 99ers take one headshot, Goldrushers take 2, and Blacklungs take 4. You've got plenty of ammo to be able to get gold in this fashion. I usually waited until the 99ers stopped moving so much to shoot them and that worked out just fine for me.

I keep getting good headshots on them, I also get up to a x32 multiplier but I keep getting stopped at 13,360. My miners are still alive when it ends and I have about 30 bullets left in the chamber. -_-

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Really? Interesting. I had about 5-10 left when I finished it. My miners successfully escaped and I had hit the gold score. I even broke my multiplyer once and still got gold.

Apparently there is some unknown factor that I am missing here. =\

ItISLupus
04-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Make sure they don't end up shooting the civilians all to hell. The hotshot will end if they all die. Also, unless its one of the elites you don't need to aim for the head. body shots will do.

RAYNE Mois
04-12-2013, 04:35 PM
The sniper used in the challenge cloaks you, so if you add the 30% damage while cloaked perk you can one shot any of them with a body shot. That's how I managed.

RAYNE Mois
04-12-2013, 04:37 PM

That's Bolinas Sniper. Different challenge.

s0uthpawswagger
04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
thanks for the help guys!

I tossed on that 30% with cloak perk as well as 9% crit from above and rolled right through it.

Kaiden
04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
The sniper challenges are absurd on the consoles. If I were playing on the PC I could have done this with a gold. Trying to use a dualshock PS3 controller with these just sets you up for failure. At the very least, once the miners die they should at least give you credit for what you did complete. The ONE time I broke 18k for the silver, they killed the last miner and I lost everything. Horribly designed.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-13-2013, 03:58 PM
The sniper challenges are absurd on the consoles. If I were playing on the PC I could have done this with a gold. Trying to use a dualshock PS3 controller with these just sets you up for failure. At the very least, once the miners die they should at least give you credit for what you did complete. The ONE time I broke 18k for the silver, they killed the last miner and I lost everything. Horribly designed.

Or, you know, the fact that you're playing on PS3 might just be the problem. :p