PDA

View Full Version : purple and orange drops?

epic beast
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I know theres been some posts about this but really not specific. Is it possible to find purples and orange weapons from random enemys. Not lockboxes find plenty of purples and a few oranges in them. So can I kill and have a chance that the enemies I kill drop a purple or orange?

jnt
04-12-2013, 04:53 PM
I know theres been some posts about this but really not specific. Is it possible to find purples and orange weapons from random enemys. Not lockboxes find plenty of purples and a few oranges in them. So can I kill and have a chance that the enemies I kill drop a purple or orange?

Never seen it. Doesn't it seem odd that co op dungeons don't drop actual rewards?

ten4
04-12-2013, 04:54 PM

Only place you can get a purp drop is from random reward from major arkfalls, but that is .0001% chance or so it seems. As to world or co-op drops, best you will find is blues only from certain elites which they must have missed in the major loot nerfs so I expect on 15th they will make all elites drop nothing, heh. Basically, purps and orange items are not on ANY mob drop list at all. Enjoy your 1000s of white items. ;)

Basically, you want purps and oranges: luck out on a random vendor sale and or farm keys for locked boxes.

Evidently, they do not want people to farm so they nerf loots into the ground. But I ask, what is the point of that? There is no economy and chances you would actually find a decent BLUE item before loot nerfs was super rare to begin with. /shake head.

badashjl
04-12-2013, 05:04 PM
I have yet to get anything better than blues from lockboxes. even tier 4's :mad:

ten4
04-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Yes, lock boxes are a rip off and almost always gives greens even the t4s but at least you can grind keys for 'free' until they nerf that too.

epic beast
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
I read from others that say they find so many purples from random enemies, I think there full of ****. Idk whats the point of item drops if theres no chance to find better then blue, going to a vendor and buying a purple is boring I rather find one of random stuff like every other mmo/rpg I played.

ten4
04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Over 80k mobs killed in beta, and almost 40k in live (1k at most for challenges) with loot boosts: not one single purp drop to this date. They are finding purps from lock boxes or vendors, not mobs.

Draugluin
04-12-2013, 06:08 PM
It shouldn't be that hard to figure out why drops aren't that superb.

Hint #1: There are lockboxes, people can buy them with real money.
Hint #2: There are faction rewards (purple).
Hint #3: If certain monsters would drop superior loot would players still keep killing the usual stuff as well, or would the superior droppers be farmed like there is no tomorrow?

This game is not about loot drops. There is some loot, but it is considered more or less steady and tiny bits towards better goals, like salvaging. This in turn enables adding mod slots to those oranges one obtains from lockboxes.

Besides greens and blues work very well while raising weapon skills.

AllDay
04-13-2013, 05:37 AM
I have completed all story missions and all but a few side missions and have yet to find an orange tier weapon, I get purple weapons and shield all the time but never orange. I've tried buy boxes, Arkfallsi" I usually finish top 3 is not first in arkfalls", it's kinda frustrating hearing how easy some people find them, but make's it seem better when people cant even get purple tier weapons that I seem to constantly get. My EGO is like 798 or something so what the hell. Any advice would be helpful.

AllDay
04-13-2013, 05:39 AM
man that's all I get is green and purple, and I do get a lot of purple every arkfall I finish usually top 3 I always get a purple, and in lock boxes too, doesn't really matter the tier but about 2/3 of the time I get at least one

Draugluin
04-13-2013, 05:42 AM
I have completed all story missions and all but a few side missions and have yet to find an orange tier weapon, I get purple weapons and shield all the time but never orange. I've tried buy boxes, Arkfallsi" I usually finish top 3 is not first in arkfalls", it's kinda frustrating hearing how easy some people find them, but make's it seem better when people cant even get purple tier weapons that I seem to constantly get. My EGO is like 798 or something so what the hell. Any advice would be helpful.

Strangely I don't feel any better on others' misfortunes. Might be doing something with personality, I guess?

Anyways, all three orange weapons I have found this far (nearly 1300) have come from T4 lockboxes. No drops, and no purple drops either (except major arkfall rewards).

AllDay
04-13-2013, 06:01 AM
during arkfalls finishing in the top 20 gets you better rewards, the higher you place ie. top 3 usually gets you a purple drop.

loops73
04-13-2013, 06:05 AM
they increasing the drop rates from mobs in the big patch.

Xyr3s
04-13-2013, 06:07 AM
i fnish top 3 in arkfalls and all i get areblues and greens lol... fml

HatTrick
04-13-2013, 06:10 AM
during arkfalls finishing in the top 20 gets you better rewards, the higher you place ie. top 3 usually gets you a purple drop.

I don't believe you. I am almost always top 10 and I have always gotten the same crap: blue or green shield and grenade. I don't think I've ever even gotten a weapon for an end reward so let's see some screenshots from you or I'm calling BS.

Johnnyx
04-13-2013, 06:13 AM
I've gotten 2 purple drops from mobs and ton's of purple shield's/grenades from arkfalls.....and completely random with the arkfalls. i've drove through an arkfall on my way to a mission. Ran over a mob and ended up getting 2 purple items 10 min later while i was doing my mission. The 2 drops from mobs where Hulkers

Air1ne
04-13-2013, 06:22 AM
It is possible to get a purple drop from arkfalls gave me a shield didnt like trashed it for salvage. It does not happen often main blues or greens but it is indeed possible to get purples. Also I would assume its not just about your score or how much dmg u do but also how many kills and what not because in one arkfall I had like 190 kills mostly skitters and simple guys like that and placed 5th and got that purple shield. believe me or not cant prove it i dont do screen shots or any of that seems pointless in this game where u can find a white shield better than a blue and a purple like wise with weapons

Rastan
04-13-2013, 06:34 AM

I show up and kill one mob and I get the same chances as you.

Sull
04-13-2013, 06:50 AM
I finished in the top ten on close to 10 Arkfalls yesterday. When I finished 1st I got a purple drop - it was a bio grenade though so I just broke it down for resources. I do find it strange that the lockboxes are supposedly from Arkfalls, which can contain legendary items (have a few), but I have yet to see or hear of anyone getting a legendary FROM and Arkfall itself. You would think they would be in the loot table since the lockboxes have them. I find that strange. I do hope it's an oversight and not a monetary move by Trion. Been having fun the past few days since, though.

Xyr3s
04-13-2013, 06:55 AM
getting legs from the lock box is a certain % of drop chance... if they droped legs from arkfalls as well it owuld give u a better chance of getting a leg... i dont think trion wants us to be uber super powered :p...

Major Nelson
04-13-2013, 07:02 AM
i have gotten a purple drop from a minor arkfall but it was a grenade no oranges though

Yokai
04-13-2013, 07:21 AM
I have seen a purple reward from finishing in the top 3 at an arkfall.
The episode mission #4 rewards you with a pretty nice purple AR.

Purples are fairly common from T3 and T4 lockboxes. You don't have to pay real world money for lockboxes; you can earn in-game keycodes at a pretty good clip if you know which "emergency" dynamic events to stop for along the road, described here: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?26090-Non-Arkfall-Dynamic-Events-that-give-Keycodes

See my sig block for info on the drop rates from lockbox tiers.

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Don't worry about Orange or Purple weapons they are no different then the green or blue you use. Also you will cut your wrists when you realize getting purple and orange weapons is actually EASY compared to finding a Synergy Mod that happens to fit that Orange or Purple gun you been searching for.

OIIlllIIlllIIO
04-13-2013, 08:01 AM
here is my ego stats
EGO RATING: 1319
EGO level rating: 590
RESOURCE RATING: 2710681
Total XP: 2411427
COMBAT RATING: 25333957
Melee combat rating: 2014888
TRAVEL RATING: 1483644
Vehicle move distance: 651487
and i never see a enemy drop purple or orange i only got a few grenade or shield that was purple from major arkfall i guess u can only get orange from lock box i got 3 and i spend like 3000 key yet so dont give up if u didnt get it first box

Erei
04-13-2013, 08:31 AM
I just dropped my second orange. From a lockbox.
It is another injector, just like the other one I have. Great...

DustOfDeath
04-13-2013, 08:39 AM
im beyodn 1000 ego and iv yet to see a orange drop, or even purple (only purple iv got was as a arkfall rewards or such).

At most mobs, even bosses, drop blue -_-.

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 08:40 AM
im beyodn 1000 ego and iv yet to see a orange drop, or even purple (only purple iv got was as a arkfall rewards or such).

At most mobs, even bosses, drop blue -_-.

At least the only thing you are missing out on is the color of the weapon text other then that they are all the same.

Zubi
04-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Tier 3/4 drops about 4-5 diffrent guns only, oranges: incjectors, lanuchers etc,lmg 200dmg, so we need to wait for big patch.
Arkfalls drop granades or shields - purple (got granade min dmg 1900 max 3.2k ) - we need to wait for big patch

ego 1100 - 2 purples(pistol,ar) from main missions, never seen a purple/orange drop form mobs/bosses.

Opened about 20 tier 3, 2 t4 no oranges :(

GO TRION!

bonecollector
04-13-2013, 12:20 PM
man that's all I get is green and purple, and I do get a lot of purple every arkfall I finish usually top 3 I always get a purple, and in lock boxes too, doesn't really matter the tier but about 2/3 of the time I get at least one

i always get freaking grenades from arkfalls , never a weapon no matter where i finish on top... grrr is that normal?

jnt
04-13-2013, 12:29 PM
I use tier 2 lockboxes to supplement vendor farming so I can level weapons.

I can't bring myself to care about orange until the related skill is at 20 and my ego breaks 2k. It seems like an insane waste of time.

I could understand the orange frenzy if it actually meant anything. I feel bad for anyone who gets a nice orange that has assassin synergy on it. I hope you get a mod for it before you have to pay for the dlc to access it.