PDA

View Full Version : Living mounts

Clay Griffith
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
So Spoilers if you haven't watched the 14 min preview. There are flying animals and some big wolf things. Has anyone heard if Trion is considering living mounts in the game? The flying ones might be cool, since arkfalls make flying an airplane too dangerous apparently. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

NiroRayth
04-12-2013, 05:29 PM
So Spoilers if you haven't watched the 14 min preview. There are flying animals and some big wolf things. Has anyone heard if Trion is considering living mounts in the game? The flying ones might be cool, since arkfalls make flying an airplane too dangerous apparently. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

where can i find the preview?

DarkShadowMark
04-12-2013, 05:31 PM
I want a wolf. For reasons.

MurtherX
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
This aint WOW babyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

jk

That'd be cool!

Ikagawa
I want a wolf. For reasons.

Because winter is coming?

Arisilde
I'm pretty sure those are the show's version of hellbugs. Note the number of legs on them. The lore for hellbugs says they are mutated animals, it never actually says they are all the same type.

Duckburger
04-12-2013, 05:43 PM
I haven't watched the preview (because I'd rather watch the whole thing at once, just personal preference) but I'd love to see a "tamed" hellbug mount. Stick a muzzle and reigns on a warrior and it's hi-ho Spiky, awayyy!

Clay Griffith
04-12-2013, 05:52 PM
It looked like there were other types of animals there. Hell bugs have a ver specific look, and these had wolf faces.

Arisilde
04-12-2013, 06:33 PM
It looked like there were other types of animals there. Hell bugs have a ver specific look, and these had wolf faces.

I know, I still think they're peobably hellbugs, for exactly the reason I stated. Nowhere does it say the hellbugs from the game are the only ones. Also I don't recall ever seeing an actual hellbug in any of the life action stuff I've seen so far, so in the show they very well may look totally different.

Ensu
04-12-2013, 06:42 PM
They weren't hellbugs.

They were saberwolves (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Saberwolf)

Blackwolfe
04-12-2013, 06:44 PM
I do hope we'll see hellbugs in the show though. But please, no mounts.. that would be incredibly stupid to put it lightly.

Clay Griffith
04-12-2013, 07:01 PM
I do hope we'll see hellbugs in the show though. But please, no mounts.. that would be incredibly stupid to put it lightly.
I think most people will disagree with you. There has never been a time in modern human history where animals were not used for transportation. If there are humans, there are animal mounts. That's just how it is. Hopefully Trion will add it to the game.

Ensu
04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
I think most people will disagree with you. There has never been a time in modern human history where animals were not used for transportation. If there are humans, there are animal mounts. That's just how it is. Hopefully Trion will add it to the game.

I want to ride a Pow.

It has to be the slowest thing in the game. Slower than my character running. And my legs have to stick straight out the sides.

Instead of boost, when you hit shift Mutant Pow Hunters charge at you.

Buruko
04-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Most animals that humans ride have been domesticated over a long period of time. As the world has been newly terraformed and people have oriented towards survival and rebuilding I would doubt they have yet taken the time to venture out and domesticate animals as most Modern humans put fate in technology, they are more familiar with it. Besides Trion said no to horses, I would doubt they will craft up animal mount in-game and Syfy has said no to flying vehicles, so I doubt we will see these either. Also I haven't seen anything animal like thus far that presents something ride-able or looks easily domesticated beyond pows.

Saberwolves? Lame, I wanted to call them Spi-bears!

Ensu
04-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Saberwolves? Lame, I wanted to call them Spi-bears!

I know, right?

Or Wolfantulas. Or Wolfy Long Legs.

Valethar
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
The flying ones might be cool, since arkfalls make flying an airplane too dangerous apparently. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

So what makes you think flying a living mount would be less dangerous than flying a machine? The same problem still exists, only now you have no instrumentation available to give you even the slightest warning that something may be about to crash into you as you're flying.