PDA

View Full Version : wow - 1st time hopping into some PVP - impressions:

Faded Fury
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
GEE THIS IS FUN! NOT

Shotgun + Stealth is really... really.... really stupid. Like really. Not worth playing in this state.

jopa
04-12-2013, 05:53 PM
they already nerfed sawed offs as a result. im guessing theyre going to tweak that a bit more, but honestly i already expected that to be the most common pvp build. i have only participated in two shadow wars so far, but both were enjoyable and i was only killed in that fashion once. im hoping if im quick, overcharge can get me a kill in one shot to their two.

Tornad0s
04-12-2013, 06:04 PM
they already nerfed sawed offs as a result. im guessing theyre going to tweak that a bit more, but honestly i already expected that to be the most common pvp build. i have only participated in two shadow wars so far, but both were enjoyable and i was only killed in that fashion once. im hoping if im quick, overcharge can get me a kill in one shot to their two.

you right жопа ;)
i hate sawed off already because of this

Warlander
04-12-2013, 06:09 PM
people love to whine, I dont use them myself, and i find pvp just fine, try not sucking.

Ralifur
04-12-2013, 06:12 PM
go blur and infector to counter the shotties.
Also take survival talents instead of dmg talents (Everyone I know always picks the dmg ones. I really dont understand why since you do so much dmg without already. its just overkill and suicidal)

Sadly infector is getting the nerf stick as well. I do understand why tho but its worse than shotties.

Nonetheless the assault rifles and lmgs arent worth it due to the speedy combat and the small reticule.

Need something with spread that covers an area and shotties/explosives/homing infectors fit this category the most. :-)

Tubbernaut
04-12-2013, 06:37 PM
We are all aware of the Decoy perk that eliminates cloak, right?

Like screaming about campers... Just sayin' :confused:

CReaper210
04-12-2013, 06:38 PM

Being forced into another ability to balance the game should not happen.

lPATT
04-12-2013, 06:45 PM
i use cloak , and shotgun , you madbroyolo ?

Kerry
04-12-2013, 06:52 PM
GEE THIS IS FUN! NOT

Shotgun + Stealth is really... really.... really stupid. Like really. Not worth playing in this state.

I don't see what the issue is, I rarely get killed by these guys.

The nice thing is the dev's included a counter to pretty much everything. Instead of immediately giving up you should try and experiment a little bit.

Hate to say it but you're missing out.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Cloaked + Shotty doesn't bother me.

Just gotta be cautious, no COD run and gun.

Faded Fury
04-13-2013, 06:34 AM

Ohhh - ok so I have to remake my character now - make a pure counter to a childish, gutless, and skilless OP combination.

shotgunEX
04-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Just respec??? You don't need to make a new char.

Yooji
04-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Just respec??? You don't need to make a new char.

nono, let him make a new char

tangmcgame
04-13-2013, 06:39 AM
My first, say, five matches were pretty frustrating. Now it's a blast. Just stick with it. You'll figure out how to deal with things soon enough.

sgtCuddles
04-13-2013, 06:39 AM
GEE THIS IS FUN! NOT

You do have a good point. You've played a total of 1 pvp match so you really know what is imbalanced and whatnot.

+1, great thread

Darth Sully
04-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Don't stand still. These cloak/shot gunners are no issue to me.

cfStatic
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM

It's not sawed offs that are the problem though. Honestly I can count on one hand how many times I've run into someone wielding one. The one that needs tweaking is pump/combat shotties.

Here's a good way to tell the difference: Sawed off will kill someone outright with the right perks from stealth. Pump will 2 shot someone.

Jack Johnson
04-13-2013, 06:48 AM
Don't play instanced PvP. Stick to Shadow Wars. It honestly seems like the most thought went into it out of anything.

The majority of guns in the game, those guns where you go "Why would I ever use this?", it is because they're actually useful in Shadow Wars. The perks for the most part seem more balanced towards PvE, but the weapons are definitely tuned towards Shadow Wars.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-13-2013, 06:48 AM
I need to try and get into a shadow war some time to see if it's better than the standard TDM.

That said, yeah, right now pvp is kinda, meh, crap. The decoy with max out radar sweep is limited in it's usefulness against cloak/shotties, although pretty cool when it works in your favor. If you use anything other than cloak/shottie you have to camp a lot if you want a chance against those lemmings. It's another case of effort and reward in game. Either work your *** off, use lots of strategy and play like a champ with any other set up, or just breeze through pvp with out a single thought in your head while using shottie/cloak. If the cloak/shottie guys actually does put effort into and has real skill, then they will be an unstoppable Juggernaut.
It's obvious what most modern gamers will do in this situation.

Xyr3s
04-13-2013, 06:51 AM
off the bat i aactually did pretty well in pvp against others who have been pvping since launch...cloak isna problem... its the cloak and shotty combo lol.... with the autofagger combat shotty which is pretty op in pve its kinda pointless in pvp lol while the sawed off and pump action shotguns pretty much 1-2 shot u in pvp...and im going a full meatshield type perk spec..lol...with a 1600+ capacity shield. and infectors... pvp in defiance atm has only 2 modes of gameplay.... shotgun only and infector only :) they need to either buff the other weapons or nerf pump action shotguns like they did the sawed off..

other than that... i still do have fun tho... and i normally end up on the top 3 usually.

JerZey CJ
04-13-2013, 06:51 AM
It's because of the current maps available. Our only two maps are both small, close quarters maps, with lots of cover. That's prime shotgun zone. They need bigger maps to counter the shotgun ones, where shotguns would be less effective.

SensaiDoom
04-13-2013, 06:59 AM
I love the PvP, but could probably count on both hands how many times I have died to a none shotgun user.

Don't think this will ever change, even on bigger maps shotties are an ideal second weapon.

mephisteaux6
04-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Ohhh - ok so I have to remake my character now - make a pure counter to a childish, gutless, and skilless OP combination.

Ohhh ok so I have to remake my character now because you got schooled by cloak?
I haven't even done pvp yet - I just like stealth builds. Cloak was fun in Deus Ex too. Seriously dgiaf that someone thinks it's cheese

Rekyua
04-13-2013, 07:13 AM
You don't have to remake your character, I'm only ego 550 but I have enough points to have both Overcharge and CLoak now, just make a second loadout for PvP.

Though Shotgun is in the extreme now I feel, I like using an assault rifle but if a shotty rushes me they usually win.

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 07:16 AM
Hard to care about someone when they only played PvP once... You are not good at playing the game so of course you will CRY.

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Ohhh ok so I have to remake my character now because you got schooled by cloak?
I haven't even done pvp yet - I just like stealth builds. Cloak was fun in Deus Ex too. Seriously dgiaf that someone thinks it's cheese

See how can anyone care about your opinion when you don't even know you up your ego and you can eventually get every perk and just make specific builds for PvP.

Faded Fury
04-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Hard to care about someone when they only played PvP once... You are not good at playing the game so of course you will CRY.

Right - because it's not inherently obvious how over powered it is when you die 6 times, and 5 of those times was to cloak-shotgun at 4x different way points.

Are you stupid or something? Yes: it's completely balanced.... ******ed kid.

mephisteaux6
04-13-2013, 07:23 AM
See how can anyone care about your opinion when you don't even know you up your ego and you can eventually get every perk and just make specific builds for PvP.

Yeah, I've heard. I just felt like reworking that dude's statement.

jnt
04-13-2013, 08:10 AM
GEE THIS IS FUN! NOT

I tried a couple death match games last night and it was hilarious. When the entire group of 16 players is stealthed at the same time just waiting for someone to become visible and then 15 shotguns go off one after another.

jnt
04-13-2013, 08:11 AM
It's because of the current maps available. Our only two maps are both small, close quarters maps, with lots of cover. That's prime shotgun zone. They need bigger maps to counter the shotgun ones, where shotguns would be less effective.

Or they could increase player health pools in relation to damage output and slow regen effects.

Santiak
04-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Personally I have no problem with cloakers, but I can understand the frustration people might feel. (for the record, I use Decoy myself - most often without "Sensor Sweep", and have only rarely used any shotgun, and even then that was outside PvP)

The slight shimmer effect is usually enough to tip me off someone's heading my way, unless I'm charging ahead, but then it's just as likely I'll be taken out by someone coming up behind me - regardless of their EGO power.
If I'm uncertain whether or not I'll be running into an ambush, I send out my Decoy - but could just as well flank around with Blur, I'd imagine.
If someone with a shotgun does get the drop on me, I usually manage to survive the encounter by retreating around corners while healing myself with a BMG, wait for their reload, and then retaliate with whatever weapon I'm using.

But, as with anything, that is only one opinion out of many. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, or that it couldn't do with some tweaking, just wanted to add how I personally deal with the "issue", and, perhaps as a result, have nothing against cloakers or shotgun users.

cfStatic
04-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Right - because it's not inherently obvious how over powered it is when you die 6 times, and 5 of those times was to cloak-shotgun at 4x different way points.

Are you stupid or something? Yes: it's completely balanced.... ******ed kid.

You're not doing yourself any favors only playing one match and then coming to QQ about it on the forums. It wouldn't matter if it was here or someone else, people would call you out anywhere.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Alright, I guess a big issue is the maps in TDM because I just played some shadow wars and it's actually funny watching the cloak/shotties try the same tactics. Either run those fools over or pick 'em off from mid-long range, it's so satisfying. I just know these cloak/shottie clowns are screaming at the screen "OMG me awesome set-up should still work in shadr warzz!!1" lol.
I'm gonna still say there is a balance issue, but regardless if you don't like that cloak/shottie bs join shadow wars and let the children play their shot gun wars in TDM.

Faded Fury
04-13-2013, 09:57 AM
You're not doing yourself any favors only playing one match and then coming to QQ about it on the forums. It wouldn't matter if it was here or someone else, people would call you out anywhere.

If I take a bite of a burger - and it's a terrible burger - what kind of an idiot would continue eating it?

I don't need to play 50x games of this garbage to understand right away how frustrating, and ridiculously RE TAR DED the concept of allowing someone to be 1 shot while they are invis. It doesn't take a genius to see how flawed something is and how terrible it is.

cfStatic
04-13-2013, 10:04 AM
If I take a bite of a burger - and it's a terrible burger - what kind of an idiot would continue eating it?

I don't need to play 50x games of this garbage to understand right away how frustrating, and ridiculously RE TAR DED the concept of allowing someone to be 1 shot while they are invis. It doesn't take a genius to see how flawed something is and how terrible it is.

If you only play one match, you don't know anything about balance. Guess what you're here *****ing about? You don't balance around the lowest common derp(you), you listen to the people that do it frequently and actually know what they're talking about.

Faded Fury
04-13-2013, 11:12 AM
If you only play one match, you don't know anything about balance. Guess what you're here *****ing about? You don't balance around the lowest common derp(you), you listen to the people that do it frequently and actually know what they're talking about.

Let me guess... you really enjoy your invis + shotgun. Your opinion on this issue means nothing - OBVIOUSLY you don't want them to nerf this really bad garbage.

Sozu
04-13-2013, 11:32 AM
i have no problems really.

My only issue is the fact that cloak shotty combo has brought out all the FOTM players. As someone had already stated...I've been in some games where I am the only one NOT using that combo. Makes for an extremely boring match when everyone is using stealth and shotguns. And that's pretty much how every other match is right now. Very very sad and boring lol.

SniperWolf
04-13-2013, 11:39 AM
There are plenty of tactics how to deal with them, you just need to play the game and get better, stop crying.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-13-2013, 11:46 AM
There are plenty of tactics how to deal with them, you just need to play the game and get better, stop crying.

Part of the issue for many is not just balance, but the monotony of it all. Win, lose or draw, it's boring fighting the same kind of opponent over and over again.

FourEyes
04-13-2013, 11:51 AM
I think it would be a lot more balanced if the instant shield regeneration was removed from cloak at least. At the moment they get to decide when to start a fight but also get the benefit of a pretty strong defensive regeneration skill at the same time. I've said it before but if other active skills had similar benefits (some sort of resistance for when Blur is active perhaps, etc) I don't think the complaints would be as frequent.

As things stand stealth in PVP just feels far more beneficial than the other skills when they're compared to one another.

There are plenty of tactics how to deal with them,

Such as?

cfStatic
04-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Let me guess... you really enjoy your invis + shotgun. Your opinion on this issue means nothing - OBVIOUSLY you don't want them to nerf this really bad garbage.

I planned to use stealth and sawed offs back in January. Further, as I said. It has nothing to do with sawed offs, and just goes to show you how bad you are and how your opinion isn't relevant at all. It's pump shotguns and combat shotguns that need tweaking, not to nerf the hit or miss weapon. I bet you don't even know which kind of shotgun killed you. Congrats though, you clearly know what you're talking about.

Dajinii
04-13-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, im having so much fun when running people over with my runner. Think overall I kill people by vehicle more than guns but I use shotties myself only pump and combat along with other guns.

Faded Fury
04-13-2013, 12:11 PM
I planned to use stealth and sawed offs back in January. Further, as I said. It has nothing to do with sawed offs, and just goes to show you how bad you are and how your opinion isn't relevant at all. It's pump shotguns and combat shotguns that need tweaking, not to nerf the hit or miss weapon. I bet you don't even know which kind of shotgun killed you. Congrats though, you clearly know what you're talking about.

Congrats though - run your mouth more - clearly it's me - and now the hundreds of other players who experience first hand this trash you call PVP - and then don't bother participating.

It's not about you - or me. Talk **** all day long like a chimp - I don't care. You think that makes me want to try it again or something?

Hey - when all PVP has left is a hand full of window licking smack talking idiots maybe you'll stop and be like: ****... maybe... naw I'm too stupid to comprehend what the experience actually feels like for anyone else but me.

Interjecting a thread about just how stupid stealth+SG is - is something that needs to be heard. Not you running your mouth off at someone who's having that as a 1st experience to PVP.

cfStatic
04-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Congrats though - run your mouth more - clearly it's me - and now the hundreds of other players who experience first hand this trash you call PVP - and then don't bother participating.

It's not about you - or me. Talk **** all day long like a chimp - I don't care. You think that makes me want to try it again or something?

Hey - when all PVP has left is a hand full of window licking smack talking idiots maybe you'll stop and be like: ****... maybe... naw I'm too stupid to comprehend what the experience actually feels like for anyone else but me.

Interjecting a thread about just how stupid stealth+SG is - is something that needs to be heard. Not you running your mouth off at someone who's having that as a 1st experience to PVP.
You're hear *****ing about balance, you've had ONE MATCH. What the **** could you possibly know about balance? You don't even know which KIND of shotgun you died to.

cry more, don't try and adapt or overcome or anything, just cry till you get your way. Does your mother still tie your shoes and dress you as well? God I can't stand mouth breathers.

FourEyes
04-13-2013, 03:48 PM
You both have a small *****, stop taking it out on the forum.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-13-2013, 04:06 PM
you right жопа ;)
i hate sawed off already because of this

Out of the many, many times that I've played PvP, I very RARELY get killed by a Sawed off. Its usualy a pump or combate shotty that gets me.

Cloaked + Shotty doesn't bother me.

Just gotta be cautious, no COD run and gun.

Nobody wants to play something that isn't a CoD cloan in the PvP realm. When will you people realize this? :p.

CReaper210
04-14-2013, 07:43 PM

What does it matter how much matches HE has played? It happens in every match, regardless. Just because one skill counters it does NOT make it balanced. We shouldn't have to respec our characters to balance the game.
This has nothing to do with me getting killed. It has to do with them being more powerful in PvP simply because of the skills they select. It is NOT balanced, and I think anyone here saying he didn't play enough matches needs to go play a few more themselves. And WITHOUT abusing cloak please.