PDA

View Full Version : The last boss was too easy

Important45
04-12-2013, 05:28 PM
I beat him on my first try just constantly kiting..

They shoulda made him harder. Especially his first and second phase. I felt like he was hiding a lot for how strong he was considered to be in the main story seeing as how mere bullets didn't affect him when Von Bach tried to shoot him. Maybe put a weakness area or something that makes it a bit more of a challenge.

The Hangman
04-12-2013, 05:36 PM
I know! I beat him just using melee.

Of course, a couple guildmates had a bit of an issue with him, so overall I'd say he's prolly where he needs to be.

Shootersa
04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Nim is fine, all the ppl saying that its too easy either brag about their skills and died 10 times or are lying, the boss is fine and it doesn't need any change

nijraw
04-12-2013, 05:50 PM

They shoulda made him harder. Especially his first and second phase. I felt like he was hiding a lot for how strong he was considered to be in the main story seeing as how mere bullets didn't affect him when Von Bach tried to shoot him. Maybe put a weakness area or something that makes it a bit more of a challenge.
/Strokes the E-peen lol
My *** that dude was a pain in the ***.

Drekor
04-12-2013, 10:06 PM
If you just play cautiously for a bit till you know his attacks he is quite easy. I just ran around with an LMG and took pot shots when I was safe.

Tarzan
04-12-2013, 10:08 PM
For a *first* last boss he was ok. I died to him once, during the second phase. Mostly because I was careless and knew death in Defiance is rather ... well... you know.

Future content should include harder bosses though. This is truth.

Victim Eyes
04-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Nim is fine, all the ppl saying that its too easy either brag about their skills and died 10 times or are lying, the boss is fine and it doesn't need any change

agree 100% stop gloating. no one is impressed. i died twice during this fight, once in the first phase and once in the second phase. all in all, it wasn't easy. i personally thought the first phase was the toughest(no obstacles to hide behind), but the second phase took the longest.

Defy
04-12-2013, 10:49 PM
weird I've read many other threads saying its too hard?

I havent gotten there yet personally

mikegonzalez2k
04-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Yeah it's kind of sad some people are saying he needs to be nerfed... WHAT!??? I messed around with him and beat him on my 2nd try and only died because I was busy trying to respond to a text while playing >< I didn't even use a good gun, some level 100 AR that I got at the beginning of the game that I was trying to get xp for. It wasn't hard at all. Seriously what's the big deal? Kill clones hide behind walls. If he stomps the ground make sure you aren't in range of the nova or line of sight of it. silly noobs...

Gabbro1000
04-12-2013, 11:18 PM
It is the first 'end' boss. I hope there's more anyways! I liked it. There should be a co-op to replay that whole mission over.

Victim Eyes
04-12-2013, 11:20 PM
After the patch, there might very well be a co-op of slim nim

edit: did I just come up with a kick *** name??

Kyse
04-12-2013, 11:22 PM
he was a pain in the butt for me but maybe for u crazy skilled players with no life they could add in a hard mode for it

Dr EveHill
04-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Not to brag but yea it was easy but hard I died 3 times on the last part but good news everyone you get to that stage you restart there.

I tried to solo everything so I'm not dependant on someone elses skill though . But hey I'm sure the next dlc bosses will be hard after all we are playing a prequill to the series.

Sargonnax
04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
I beat him on my first try too, but I thought it was a pretty awesome fight overall. I dont see why it needs to be made harder.

Colteran
04-12-2013, 11:54 PM
I will be honest. I wasted about 4,000 on revives the first go around last week only barely getting to phase 2, and I just had to quit at that point and move onto other things. Come this week I've switched it up to a LMG/shotty combo and I one shotted phase 1, minimal trouble with phase 2, I am now on phase 3 and getting extremely close. The shotgun has been my greatest friend for this fight.

Edit: Done. The fight was close to nothing with a pump shotgun in my opinion. Give it a shot.

Important45
04-13-2013, 12:08 AM
lol.. Not to brag or anything but it is actually too easy. Dodging his attacks in first phase out in the open was as easy as dodging a tanker or a hulker.

First phase is way too easy.
Second phase, meh. Just use an assault rifle with scope mod, hide behind a pillar and pop him and his clones.
Third phase was okay. Though I think that all phases should have been like this phase or maybe a bit more challenging. Because when he teleports to you during this phase, all you gotta do literally (I don't know if this is a bug), but if you stand behind that cylinder containing the machine, NONE of his long range slam or fireball attacks actually hit you).. So doing that the whole time and you win.

He definitely needs a buff. Some people just don't want to learn and use "stroking e-peen" as an excuse to put other people who actually want a challenge down.

Seriously, the industry needs to stop catering for casuals constantly. I mean, look at Arkfalls, you can practically shoot a boss once, sit in a vehicle and voila, a tonne of exp without even trying. There is absolutely no incentive to play well in this game and I think Nim has a lot of potential to be challenging.

This game doesn't encourage you to play well or raise the skill ceiling.

Victim Eyes
04-13-2013, 12:31 AM
Dodging his attacks in first phase out in the open was as easy as dodging a tanker or a hulker.

That's very untrue, at least for me. Nim could be all the way across the room and start his flying lunge attack, giving me all the time in the world to dodge, and still hit me while I was 20 feet away from him. He had a very wide range on that lunge in the first phase. That's what kept hitting me. Very annoying.

Monkerlotus
04-13-2013, 12:47 AM
He's not TOO easy, although i didn't find him terribly difficult either, 3 deaths total learning his mechanics and whatnot, I'd like to see more difficult fights introduced to the game, but if not... well Nim was ok by me!

Important45
04-13-2013, 12:54 AM
That's very untrue, at least for me. Nim could be all the way across the room and start his flying lunge attack, giving me all the time in the world to dodge, and still hit me while I was 20 feet away from him. He had a very wide range on that lunge in the first phase. That's what kept hitting me. Very annoying.

Running around and dodging worked for me in first phase.

I just think that for what the other characters described him out to be in the main missions, his difficulty didn't really live up to it.

Victim Eyes
04-13-2013, 01:02 AM
I was expecting a much harder fight as well. Heavy Scattergun = Nim No Mo

EDIT: Did I just come up with another kick *** name??

Hawkler
04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
I'd love for a co-op version of this.

I died a few times on the first one alone. Barely got off any shots.

Having a mission where I basically spam dodge the entire time, I find dull and not interesting.

I recommend they build multi versions of the fight. Easy, Normal and Hard for all those uber talented folks out there. Plus a co-op version.

jnt
04-13-2013, 08:53 AM
I'd love for a co-op version of this.

I died a few times on the first one alone. Barely got off any shots.

Having a mission where I basically spam dodge the entire time, I find dull and not interesting.

I recommend they build multi versions of the fight. Easy, Normal and Hard for all those uber talented folks out there. Plus a co-op version.

Single player mission dungeons are a major failing in Defiance. I can't think of many games where taking a group friendly experience and then repeatedly choking the content off to 1 player alone was ever fun.

That said at least it's stupid easy.

DeMoted
04-13-2013, 08:59 AM

Does it sick that everything in the world is not a challenge for you?

Tango80
04-13-2013, 09:03 AM
I BMG'ed Nim to death with my Healing BMG that was long but easy.

No deaths, long fight though probably easier and faster with a face full of buckshot.

Ravenear
04-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Nim was to hard for me - i killed him but died so many times lol

BleakPanther
04-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Meh... it wasn't a hard fight but it took me forever to off him. I went in guns blazing and got dropped in the 1st phase. Too much shooting and not enough dodging. From there I just popped into tank mode and played duck, duck, goose with my shotty and his face until he dropped. The next phases were more frantic but more of the same. I might have impregnated a few pillars with all the pillar humping I did though.

I think its tuned ok, overall. There are a lot of people that don't csre to