PDA

View Full Version : Live Stream teaser...more map? Plus, Permachat and Scaleable chat confirmed.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 05:43 PM
***UPDATED WITH VIDEO OF STREAM and MORE INFO***

At the end of the Live Stream, they mentioned and I'm paraphrasing, "Tune in on monday for a surprise live stream..." "We're going to call it, Defiance.......Badlands..." "...you know the place you have to drive to get from San Francisco to St. Louis..."

Are we getting much more map as a lot of us have speculated?

Sledge also mentioned they are working on scalable chat and permanent chat box.

HURRAY!

PLUS, they also confirmed quite a bit of World Events type content to come as well.

Love the live streams!

So, tune in on Monday 8pm Pacific for super surprise live stream!

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/new

For the Non-Believers:

Starts at 3:52:25

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/390005495

Keep watching for the super content teaser @ 3:59 to End

I'm adding the below section, just to clarify that it's on Trion's Radar, and people don't seem to get it. lol

From Patch Notes (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?30976-Defiance-Patch-1.010-Sharks-(in-winter-solstice)):

GENERAL
● Improved server and client stability.
● Main missions are now replayable after completion of the last mission.
● Extraction timer upped from 30 to 90 seconds to allow more time for fellow players to revive you.
● Optimized objects throughout the world to minimize pop-up and improve overall performance.
● Area voice chat has been improved and is now OFF by default.
● Voice and text chat channels can now be muted independently.
● Text chat now displays for longer and no longer hides when sprinting or boosting.

From Dev Blogs (http://community.defiance.com/):

Chat and VOIP This isnt broken, we just believe people should use their psychic abilities more. Can you hear what Im saying to you right now? Yes, exactly. Were working on it.

Chat & VOIP Back on the list again, we have some fixes for this, both that we can do server side but also client side. Unfortunately client patches of this nature cant be deployed till the 15th as mentioned yesterday.

Chat & VOIP Yes, this isnt going off the list. We know. We hear it. We see it.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 06:52 PM
I think more people need to watch the LiveStreams as they answer questions that sometimes don't get answered on the Forums.

Happy_Puppy
04-12-2013, 06:58 PM
rather have a transcript then have to watch it...

Blackwolfe
04-12-2013, 07:01 PM
rather have a transcript then have to watch it...

Agreed. Besides, they usually livestream when Im asleep :P

IIFatalshockII
04-12-2013, 07:05 PM
Yes! Expand! I want to go to St Louis. It looks so cool in the posters and the show. Plus, that's where the show takes place so we'd actually be able to walk around the city saying "Yeah, that's in the show. Seen him, seen her, seen that shop..." It would be fun

Blackwolfe
04-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes! Expand! I want to go to St Louis. It looks so cool in the posters and the show. Plus, that's where the show takes place so we'd actually be able to walk around the city saying "Yeah, that's in the show. Seen him, seen her, seen that shop..." It would be fun

Visiting the needwant.. now that would be fun. My arkhunter has.. urges.. to attend to ;)

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 07:10 PM
At the end of the Live Stream, they mentioned and I'm paraphrasing, "Tune in on monday for a surprise live stream..." "We're going to call it, Defiance.......Badlands..." "...you know the place you have to drive to get from San Francisco to St. Louis..."

Are we getting much more map as a lot of us have speculated?

Sledge also mentioned they are working on scalable chat and permanent chat box.

HURRAY!

PLUS, they also confirmed quite a bit of World Events type content to come as well.

Love the live streams!

So, tune in on Monday 8pm Pacific for super surprise live stream!

Why bother tuning in? Why not just wait until the changes are made, without getting my hopes up and if it happens then that's a bonus.

No expectations, No disappointments

IIFatalshockII
04-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Visiting the needwant.. now that would be fun. My arkhunter has.. urges.. to attend to ;)

Well it is an 18 rated game afterall :cool: What happened to the weather effects from the trailer?

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Why bother tuning in? Why not just wait until the changes are made, without getting my hopes up and if it happens then that's a bonus.

No expectations, No disappointments

Because, these are things a lot of us have been asking about for quite some time, and hadn't gotten anything other than vague answers.

Greywolf
04-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Because, these are things a lot of us have been asking about for quite some time, and hadn't gotten anything other than vague answers.

Sounds fair enough then, i'm happy where the game is right now provided they fix the bugs asap, hopefully this next patch will solve the majority. As long as my 4 tickets are fixed within 2 weeks of patch..

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Sounds fair enough then, i'm happy where the game is right now provided they fix the bugs asap, hopefully this next patch will solve the majority. As long as my 4 tickets are fixed within 2 weeks of patch..

Aye. I"m happy with the game as it is now as well.

Chatbox has been something I and many other have been wanting since Alpha/Beta. Glad it's finally confirmed. :)

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 10:25 PM
For the Non-Believers:

Starts at 3:52:25

http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/390005495

Keep watching for the super content teaser.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Also, the huge teaser for monday is @ 3:59 which sounds like more map.

Blueandwhite87
04-12-2013, 11:35 PM
ok im watching now.

Scyris
04-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Now did trion grow a brain and add a global chat channel so the game doesn't feel like a bad single player shooter yet?

Schwa
04-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Now did trion grow a brain and add a global chat channel so the game doesn't feel like a bad single player shooter yet?

They're adding region (i.e. Mount Tam, Maderia, etc.) chat, so we won't get flooded with global chat spam. This is a good thing. Mount Tam chat, etc.

jonwes
04-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Thanks for mentioning this. Never watched this before. Cool info. Nice to finally know we'll be getting new content for each episode each week that's totally free. I wasn't totally sure how that'd work.

Blueandwhite87
04-13-2013, 12:14 AM
i just watched and seen nothing about a special announcement what time was that so i can see it in the video.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:15 AM
i just watched and seen nothing about a special announcement what time was that so i can see it in the video.

It'll be Monday @ 8pm Pacific Time. The time announcement was mentioned between the two time stamps I posted.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Thanks for mentioning this. Never watched this before. Cool info. Nice to finally know we'll be getting new content for each episode each week that's totally free. I wasn't totally sure how that'd work.

I know a lot of people don't watch the livestreams, and today had far fewer than last weeks which was at 2000 viewers at one points, when i tuned in towards the end, there were only 300 something people.

Ellienna
04-13-2013, 12:26 AM
A transcript would be very helpful for future livestreams as it's already been taken down by the time this European got up this morning. ;)

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM
**deleted**

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:28 AM
It's still up.

Just click the link and wait for it to start.

Takes a bit.

Munx
04-13-2013, 12:54 AM
I already knew they had more map prepared, if you check the eurogamer review for example there are photos for a enviroment that is completly diffrent to that which we see.

Makes perfect sense that the game would stretch to the badlands.

Thanks for info though, I will most definatly check mondays stream now.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 12:54 AM
I already knew they had more map prepared, if you check the eurogamer review for example there are photos for a enviroment that is completly diffrent to that which we see.

Aye. But, there's a lot of people screaming, BS!

xD

Hopefully this quiet's 'em down a little.

Ellienna
04-13-2013, 12:57 AM
It's still up.

Just click the link and wait for it to start.

Takes a bit.

I stand corrected, thank you. I'm blaming it on my lack of a second cup of tea!

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 01:03 AM
I stand corrected, thank you. I'm blaming it on my lack of a second cup of tea!

Second Cup? I'll give ya until your 3rd. xD

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 01:08 AM
**updated original post**

Munx
04-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Having a real hard time watching that vid -.- twitch, why you no give trion vids more juice ? :/

Decimus
04-13-2013, 02:17 AM
i just want pursuits that actually work, the pvp map back, and a change to the faction/contracts (spending rep is poor design)

Ataraxia
04-13-2013, 02:22 AM
**updated original post**

gawd damnit this actually got me all hyped up.

Sanguinesun
04-13-2013, 02:30 AM
I watched the stream while it was live and participated in the attempts to ask question and repeatedly asked the same question that Im just going to come out and say it, I feel was purposely avoided:

Are we going to get voip to have push to talk?

Many of us for months in alpha tried to get this done due to the issues of having (if you choose to now once patch goes like) having voip enabled and just turning into a cacophony of mouth breathers crying kids and basement dwellers arguing with their mothers. They -really- dont seem to want this to be a feature of the voip and some evidently on that team are fighting tooth and nail to prevent ptt from being apart of the system from all seeming accounts of things.

Basically, Im glad they finally at least after much complaint recently changed the area chat voip to be off by default(though notice they avoided saying for it to be off by default for actual grouping). But it seems it is going to take alot more complaints before they get that PTT solves most of the complaints about the voip system going on at the moment.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 02:33 AM
i just want pursuits that actually work, the pvp map back, and a change to the faction/contracts (spending rep is poor design)

It's a very common design amongst many MMO's.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 02:36 AM
I watched the stream while it was live and participated in the attempts to ask question and repeatedly asked the same question that Im just going to come out and say it, I feel was purposely avoided:

Are we going to get voip to have push to talk?

Many of us for months in alpha tried to get this done due to the issues of having (if you choose to now once patch goes like) having voip enabled and just turning into a cacophony of mouth breathers crying kids and basement dwellers arguing with their mothers. They -really- dont seem to want this to be a feature of the voip and some evidently on that team are fighting tooth and nail to prevent ptt from being apart of the system from all seeming accounts of things.

Basically, Im glad they finally at least after much complaint recently changed the area chat voip to be off by default(though notice they avoided saying for it to be off by default for actual grouping). But it seems it is going to take alot more complaints before they get that PTT solves most of the complaints about the voip system going on at the moment.

PTT is definitely needed. However, once the chat box is fixed, I don't see it being too much of an issue anymore, as long as it's always off by default.

Most PC gamers use Vent/Mumble/TS/Skype by default and can't stand VOIP, traditionally.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 03:02 AM
Possible peek at content?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/newworld.png

Munx
04-13-2013, 03:14 AM
horrific creatures, sounds right up our alley.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 03:16 AM
horrific creatures, sounds right up our alley.

Yes indeed! I wanna fight those spider dog devil bears from the 14 minutes preview.

Sanguinesun
04-13-2013, 03:20 AM
PTT is definitely needed. However, once the chat box is fixed, I don't see it being too much of an issue anymore, as long as it's always off by default.

Most PC gamers use Vent/Mumble/TS/Skype by default and can't stand VOIP, traditionally.

Indeed most use their own server voip due to quality issues with most game's voip. But as you said the push to talk is needed so that those not using 3rd party voip's can at least not be annoying with talk constantly on by default for team grouping etc. Point is they're fighting tooth and nail to keep the voip on constant or not used at all which is what many have the contention with.

Jack Johnson
04-13-2013, 03:58 AM
I thought I recognized that guy... Greg Laabs apparently works for Trion now? I followed XCOM for a while and remember him being on a number of the XCOM streams.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 04:00 AM
I thought I recognized that guy... Greg Laabs apparently works for Trion now? I followed XCOM for a while and remember him being on a number of the XCOM streams.

Really? Didn't know that. :) Love XCOM.

Jack Johnson
04-13-2013, 04:05 AM
Really? Didn't know that. :) Love XCOM.

Yeah, he posted on those forums under the handle 2KGreg. Not the greatest XCOM player but he tried his best. Looks like he's a little better at shooters (I think I remember him also playing some Borderlands... since 2K also published that game).

Kyse
04-13-2013, 10:23 AM
u can always watch later if u cant watch it live but you really should try to show up for the live shows they are good :D

Hycinthus
04-13-2013, 10:31 AM
If it's indeed more map, then I welcome this news.

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 10:49 AM
u can always watch later if u cant watch it live but you really should try to show up for the live shows they are good :D

I agree, there are always questions answered that typically aren't covered in the forums, announcements etc...etc.

Derity
04-13-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm 99% sure they were talking about the show.

But if I'm wrong, I'll be extremely happy!

exxcess
04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Possible peek at content?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/newworld.png

is that north of mount tam?

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
is that north of mount tam?

o.O

The the central united states.

exxcess
04-13-2013, 11:53 PM
o.O

The the central united states.

Sorry I am from Canada and geographically illiterate :)

I for one am with other in rooting for more map and coop (bigger and more)

Taaltos
04-13-2013, 11:56 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j211/lovablejoe/map.png
Sorry I am from Canada and geographically illiterate :)

I for one am with other in rooting for more map and coop (bigger and more)

No worries. :)

Yellow circle is where we are. Big Red Circle is approximately what's shown on the Otiinu map.

mushinwolf
04-14-2013, 01:11 AM
Gotta love the live streams,and i hope this extra map is true..would be very cool.
Extra outfits too?..i'll just DIE if i dont get the latest looks from the east! ;)

Lambchops
04-14-2013, 01:36 AM
They're adding region (i.e. Mount Tam, Maderia, etc.) chat, so we won't get flooded with global chat spam. This is a good thing. Mount Tam chat, etc.

Yeah global chat would be bad. Experience tells me it will just be a medium for trolls and attention seekers to do their thing for the most part.

Region chat is fine, as long as they allow you to turn it off in the options. Region chat is not immune to this problem either, so it's always good to have the option to just shut it off.

Lambchops
04-14-2013, 01:50 AM
Did they disable the vods or something? I'd love to watch it but it doesn't seem like they kept the vods up. Maybe I'm just an idiot and am missing something.

*edit* nevermind I am just an idiot. I figured it out.

Taaltos
04-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Did they disable the vods or something? I'd love to watch it but it doesn't seem like they kept the vods up. Maybe I'm just an idiot and am missing something.

It's up. Give it a minute, they recorded the Title Hold for a bit. So just click on the seek bar where you wanna go.

Shinji Ex
04-14-2013, 02:49 AM
Knew there was a reason why they have all that grayed out land mass

Vegas baby :)

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 03:29 AM
People still starting new threads about chat and patch notes. xD

Ceois
04-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Or at the end of the show they wanted to mention a new stream/show ...... https://vine.co/v/bFvZ1aqOzEp
and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftK5b5U_51Y&feature=youtu.be

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 03:36 AM
Or at the end of the show they wanted to mention a new stream/show ...... https://vine.co/v/bFvZ1aqOzEp
and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftK5b5U_51Y&feature=youtu.be

Okay, that definitely looks badass, whatever it is.

Ceois
04-15-2013, 03:38 AM
Okay, that definitely looks badass, whatever it is.

So i think it's no new map for now :)

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 03:39 AM
So i think it's no new map for now :)
Unfortunately I would have to agree. I'm curious as to the nature of the stream though? It can't be like The Talking Dead, as the show will not have aired yet. Maybe a recap of the Episode Missions from the previous week?

No clue. Definitely curious tho.

Serrot
04-15-2013, 04:19 AM
Will be 5am here in the UK, hawt damn! Will rewatch it in the morning I suppose, will be on Trion Worlds twitch page I presume?

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Will be 5am here in the UK, hawt damn! Will rewatch it in the morning I suppose, will be on Trion Worlds twitch page I presume?

Yup, just like the last Live Feed. Just need to click the Videos link from their Twitch page. 8pm tonight.

jonwes
04-15-2013, 07:45 AM
Unfortunately I would have to agree. I'm curious as to the nature of the stream though? It can't be like The
Talking Dead, as the show will not have aired yet. Maybe a recap of the Episode Missions from the previous week?

No clue. Definitely curious tho.

Hmmm... intrigued. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Shinji Ex
04-15-2013, 07:51 AM
10:05PM CDT for me here in the states

TheFlash
04-15-2013, 02:17 PM
I guess I got the impression from the livestream that "Across the Badlands" would be some kind of new promotional content, like the ark hunter facebook video episodes. I'm not sure it's in-game content. Anyone else have this impression?

fishboy11
04-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Aye. But, there's a lot of people screaming, BS!

xD

Hopefully this quiet's 'em down a little.

i dont think anyone doubts they will fill in the greyed out areas on the map, the question is how and when, how much per dlc, how often will dlc's come out, how much content will be in these new areas?