PDA

View Full Version : what is the best weapon class and why do u think?

MegaM0J0
04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Title says it all

(Be specific like about shotguns and stuff!)

Distrance
04-12-2013, 05:54 PM
LMG (SAW) because it just dishes out so much damage so quickly with a huge ammo count, reliable range, manageable recoil, and accuracy. Plus, when you're using this in tangent with Overcharge, means a gun that can down a big fella in seconds.

Tgreen
04-12-2013, 06:22 PM
No mobility though.
No crit-X.

Every gun that's considered awesome (there are some that are just crap or PvP or PvE only) has a major downside. Either lack of mobility, lack of ammo, fall-off damage are probably the most prominent tradeoffs.

And your question is inaccurate. It should be "What is the best weapon combination?" instead. You have two guns and it's combining different weapons that make your layout stand out. And even then there are different elemental effects that can make a gun strong (or useless without it) ... e.g. leech on combat shotguns.

For all-purpose it could be FRC manual detonator and VOT pulser. It has everything, AoE, an option without falloff, mobility, lots of ammo.

Warlander
04-12-2013, 06:23 PM
I wont say my fav, because if everyone starts using it, it will be nerfed.....youve been warned.

Blackwolfe
04-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Assault rifles. I dont care if they are the best or whatever, I just love assault rifles ;)

Ralifur
04-12-2013, 06:26 PM
As second poster wrote. The SAW is ridiculous when it comes to dmg in PvE.

Sadly FRC lmgs will get a firing rate nerf on the huge patch and the SAWs are part of the FRC

For pvp tho - Shotguns and infectors. Everything else feels so useless. I prefer pump shotties over the sawed offs for pvp tho due to having more bullets. if u miss with the sawed off ur a sitting duck in alot of cases but pump ones gives room for more fighting.

Foxhop
04-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Bolt Action Sniper.
One shot one kill? Enough said!

Proving things viable since my heavy gunner in MH. *Sagenod*
...and my druid during the first few years of WoW...somehow. xD

Mr_Wild
04-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Burst fire assault rifle for me. Accurate and powerful

Sceles
04-13-2013, 05:12 AM
1. Detonators/grenade shotguns, Courier is my favorite.
2. Burst fire shotguns
3. FRC SAW (can't say "LMGs" because it's the only LMG I like)

KashraFall
04-13-2013, 05:18 AM
LMG (SAW) because it just dishes out so much damage so quickly with a huge ammo count, reliable range, manageable recoil, and accuracy. Plus, when you're using this in tangent with Overcharge, means a gun that can down a big fella in seconds.

Being tuned in the patch soon. SAW won't be as handy sadly but I am still a LMG lover.

Kerry
04-13-2013, 05:31 AM
SMG: Highest burst potential and tops the damage boards every time. Shames LMG's all day long.

I'm on PC right now if anyone needs a demonstration.

Komakala
04-13-2013, 05:34 AM
I prefer an electric or incendiary bolt action sniper rifle with a dark matter Vot Pulsar SMG for mid to close range, and a flash grenade for stuns.

hammurabi
04-13-2013, 05:36 AM
Assault rifle. Fully auto with stability and +mag mods. I can normaly land 85-90% of my bullets. Not as much damage as some other weapons but overtime i can dish alot of damage. Not as good in pvp but still get lots of kills with it. Switch to pump shotgun when enemys get close. Oh and overcharge right when you run out of ammo!

Insanityplea
04-13-2013, 05:47 AM
I use all guns and find they all have their little corner in my heart.

Want fast sustained dps? SMGs and Full-auto Pistols should fair you well
Want burst that makes children whine? Sawed-Off is your friend
Want something that can avenge you from the grave? Infectors will make you cackle
Want sustained dps that doesnt fall off for awhile? Assault Rifles and LMGs are your bread and butter
Want to pop some heads like pinatas? Bolt Action Sniper Rifles are some noisy bats
Want the range and the rapid fire? Find some semi-auto sniper rifles to keep you company
Want to take care of uninvited guests? Grenade Launchers suit you best
Want to bust a move? Use a combat shotgun to ruin their groove

Ya I got bored,sue me. Its not a rhyme, its not a song, It all just popped out of my head. Deal with it.

UKresistance
04-13-2013, 05:53 AM
The ground pounder is the best weapon as it does damage based on your equipped grenade. Since grenades have a very high minimum damage, the weapon eats through heavy armored enemies.

Munx
04-13-2013, 05:56 AM
I used to be in love with the saw, and I guees i to some degree still am, but after I made my second char I have completly fallen for the 12 fire rate full auto assault rifle.

I prob do more damage with my main chars saw, but my alt still generally takes first in dmg with ease.

Also I very much like the pump shotguns, specifically the scattergun, the tight spread on it is <3333

Kerry
04-13-2013, 06:00 AM
I used to be in love with the saw, and I guees i to some degree still am, but after I made my second char I have completly fallen for the 12 fire rate full auto assault rifle.

I prob do more damage with my main chars saw, but my alt still generally takes first in dmg with ease.

Also I very much like the pump shotguns, specifically the scattergun, the tight spread on it is <3333

I don't get the need for an alt in this game, is it for aesthetic purposes?

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-13-2013, 06:15 AM
LMGs.

No competition.

Doesn't stop me from rocking dual Sawed Off Shotguns though.

Munx
04-13-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't get the need for an alt in this game, is it for aesthetic purposes?

must there be a "need" for a alt?

Kerry
04-13-2013, 06:35 AM
must there be a "need" for a alt?

Well yeah, in games like World of Warcraft if you want access to a different playstyle, or role, you HAVE to have alts. In this game you can switch roles on a whim and have access to different weapons and playstyles on every character.

I'm an altaholic and just don't see the point of it in this game. That's one of the main reasons I love Defiance so much.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-13-2013, 06:36 AM
In pve, LMG SAW. In pvp, shotguns in general.

Fuzzy Skinner
04-13-2013, 06:39 AM
Well yeah, in games like World of Warcraft if you want access to a different playstyle, or role, you HAVE to have alts. In this game you can switch roles on a whim and have access to different weapons and playstyles on every character.

I'm an altaholic and just don't see the point of it in this game. That's one of the main reasons I love Defiance so much.

I have the same problem in most MMOs I play too. I end up getting to the "end game" content long after most people because I end up trying to play 4-8 toons at once so I can enjoy all the classes/roles. It's actually a nice change of pace to keep to a single toon in a game for once. That said I do wish your class/race choice actually meant something significant, but it's not a big deal.
Sorry to go off topic. lol

KodiakX
04-13-2013, 06:42 AM
SAW with a x1.15 Crit multiplier and Corrosive Proc. Preferably with a 2% crit multiplier while crouching as well as the weapon maxed out bonus. With that and other related crit talents (such as 6% while crouching) it's pretty absurd and I'm easily able to push 1000+ dmg a crit that way.

Unless they make the ROF half what it currently is it'll still be one of the best weapons available simply by virtue of it's damage/bullet ratio and high clip. Slower ROF just means more manageable recoil and burst fire at range as well. I mean I can do absurd DPS with my Tachmag Pulsar, sure...but I also run out of all 500 ammo for it in around 7 seconds lol. If they do reduce it to half or less, then other guns become clear winners (such as the Assault Carbine and TACC Assault Rifle).

KodiakX
04-13-2013, 06:43 AM
I have the same problem in most MMOs I play too. I end up getting to the "end game" content long after most people because I end up trying to play 4-8 toons at once so I can enjoy all the classes/roles. It's actually a nice change of pace to keep to a single toon in a game for once. That said I do wish your class/race choice actually meant something significant, but it's not a big deal.
Sorry to go off topic. lol

As you get higher you get different builds. At 1567 I'm about done with my melee build by virtue of missing perk slots. I need another 2 to make it perfect but it's already pretty damned good.

Bori
04-13-2013, 06:43 AM
Bolt action sniper to thin them out at range, combat shotgun to finish off any that make it up the hill to me :D

buzzard31581
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
I use the assault rifle and combat shotgun combo in PvE. I may start out with a few opening sniper rifle shots to quickly take out a few enemies, but once the action starts I quickly swap out the sniper rifle for the AR/CS combo. It's a pretty effective combo in PvE. The AR is a good medium range weapon and obviously the CS is great for close quarters. I'm still trying to get my hands on a better AR, but my CS is decent enough for now. I actually use the CS for Arkfalls and am consistently in the top 10. The CS uses shot, but the targets are so large and I'm close enough that I don't have to worry about the spread and it hits for the full damage.

Jack Johnson
04-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Pump shotgun. Good for everything. I carry around 3 pump shottys, a legendary with 15 shots and a 10% attack speed increase bonus for PvP, a fire shotty for soloing, and an acid shotty for PvE boss fights.

Auldrek
04-13-2013, 07:40 AM
The ground pounder is the best weapon as it does damage based on your equipped grenade. Since grenades have a very high minimum damage, the weapon eats through heavy armored enemies.

Are you serious? How can this be true? I love the pounder but I have not noticed this.

Sceles
04-13-2013, 09:03 AM
It does? :O

Well it certainly is the best single target DPS weapon I know but it loses to other detonators when you're against many targets because it doesn't provide 100% accurate area coverage, so one enemy might end up dying from 3 shots while other one has still almost full health.

M00N
04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
I like many:

AR = 3 weapon the high dmg single shot, the full auto 333 dmg and the full auto 220 dmg (well around those nrs)
SMG = Pusler and the Burst smg does insane dmg groups if you aim for head.
LMG = SAW hands down
Shotgun = Heavy scatter and Fragger and shotty granade launcher

Munx
04-13-2013, 09:29 AM

hehe definatly did not do it because it gave any advantages, but I want a char of every race, and suprisingly enough I was actually having just as much fun this second play trough as my first, if not more, decided not to use fast travel this time, and my char is well over 1k ego before even entering san fran, and nearly done with 2 of the combat pursuit :p

So definalty not needed, but well worth it.

Tango80
04-13-2013, 09:38 AM
I've notice one glaring issue that i think everyone here probably said it best.

Rocket launchers suck really really bad almost to near uselessness in both pve and pvp.

By not saying anything means alot and when you have everyone saying

shotgun
LMG
AR
Boltaction
Grenade Launcher
Infector

Notice there is nobody mentioning Rocket launchers. Don't get me wrong there are uses for them just nothing note worthy.

hammurabi
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
I use rocket launchers every now and then. But i easily out damage with my ar or shotgun. I use the launcher basically at the spawn point for enemys. Which the grenade launcher still does better