PDA

View Full Version : Just 2 Small Complaints...

MrRotten
04-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Overall I feel this game is ground breaking, been playing Games for years, playing MMOs for years, first time I have played a game that I feel is unlike anything I've ever played. Love it!

With that being said, I do have 2 Small issues...

#1: NIM --> What is the deal? It feels way way glitchy to fight him, he not only has the fast running, he disappears, cloaks, it's like he has all EGO abilities... Not only that but then I feel there's some glitchyness going on in his lair. I haven't had much trouble with anything else in this game, but when I feel there's some glitchyness shananigans going on, I take issue. Why is it that we can be in CO-OP parties the entire Main Mission, but then when it comes to the Boss Battles, we have to do them solo? Don't get me wrong, most of the Main Missions I have done solo anyways, but it would be nice for instance this mission to take along a buddy and tag team Mr. Nim. LOL Maybe that's what TRION wanted to prevent? IDK But it doesn't seem very logical to me, you profess this game to be MMO(ish) and you can party up and Co-Op just about everything, but the Bosses? Seems off to me... Maybe I'm the only one?

#2: Contracts --> What is the secret? The only gripe I have about contracts is that there's no real information, sure for someone that developed the game, maybe even the people that got lucky enough to Beta Test the game, they may know the subtle hints within the descriptions and know exactly where to go to complete their contracts, but for those of us that are on the base level here and really know nothing about the game except what we've so far experienced, I'm having a little trouble finding where to go to collect/kill the things we need to complete some of these contracts. Is it so hard to set it up so if we Click a Contract, make it Active it'll give us some kind of small indicator on the map, or even a large section not telling us exactly where to go but giving us some general direction or vicinity we can look?

Other then that seriously, been an amazing experience so far, been a heck of a fun ride, having a blast...

Never played a TRION game before, and I must say kudos to them for giving us compensation while they worked out the kinks... Of all the MMOs I've played, ALL have had issues at launch, and NONE have really stepped up to the plate the way TRION has. You guys deserve alot of praise for that, THANKS!

As for the other minor improvements, I know you guys are working round the clock... THANKS!

Rant Over,
MrRotten :cool:

Ralifur
04-12-2013, 06:21 PM
1. Please. PLEASE use the search function on the forum. I Dont mean anything rude with saying this but there are alot of strategies for him out by now. Same thing with youtube. He is not so hard once you know what to do unless shooters is just not your cup of tea.

2.http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts.php
click the names of the contracts in that link and they will show you where to go.

Glad you had an amazing experience. That makes 2 of us. :-)

MrRotten
04-12-2013, 07:16 PM
1. Please. PLEASE use the search function on the forum. I Dont mean anything rude with saying this but there are alot of strategies for him out by now. Same thing with youtube. He is not so hard once you know what to do unless shooters is just not your cup of tea.

2.http://www.etaew.net/defiance/contracts.php
click the names of the contracts in that link and they will show you where to go.

Glad you had an amazing experience. That makes 2 of us. :-)

1: Thanks for the heads up, yes I know how to use Search; yes I have looked at quite of few strategies, and still just can't seem to get him. I'm not giving up, going to keep at it and hope I get lucky. Thanks for the info though. As for Shooters, honestly I've played quite of few and I'd like to think I'm pretty good, so far in this game NIM is the only Boss I've had any type of issues with what so ever. But I'll keep at it...

2: As for the contracts, yea I've found a few resources online that gives me SOME information that others have found. What I was suggesting is an Ingame indicator that can help so we don't have to wait for information to be posted. That's all I meant...

Again, thanks for the info though. As for this post, I guess I just needed to vent mostly about NIM. LOL

I haven't been this irritated with ANYTHING at all about Defiance so far, and this one really has my blood boiling over. HAHA

But I'll get it... :)

FizzyMyNizzy
04-12-2013, 07:25 PM
for number 1. I winder could it be server side. since, when I fought him. I have no issue. but keep I'm mind this was 4/3 when I beat him. I don't think he was super duper hard. it feel just right, IMO, not easy, not super duper hard, some challenge to it.. tho, I did it with a grenade launcher, and ego rating 351.

MrRotten
04-13-2013, 12:10 AM
for number 1. I winder could it be server side. since, when I fought him. I have no issue. but keep I'm mind this was 4/3 when I beat him. I don't think he was super duper hard. it feel just right, IMO, not easy, not super duper hard, some challenge to it.. tho, I did it with a grenade launcher, and ego rating 351.

To be honest, I think it has alot to do with my average weapons... The only thing that's causing more frustration then anything is my strategy works pretty well at first, then I feel like the game is bailing him out as I near beating him in the first phase. He starts disappearing for what actually looks like rubber banding, and he gets into this berserk mode with his sword, it's damn near impossible to dodge from every time.

I don't like talking crap though, I'll just try harder, I think I'll just boost my EGO up more and hope and pray for a Nice Legendary gun or something and give it another go.

When I posted this, I was fresh off another few hours attempting this. LOL

All in all, I absolutely love this game!!!!!!!

primalwolf
04-13-2013, 12:43 AM
main missions dont allow co-op on bosses, simply because it would detract from the story, you are susposed to be the ark hunter saviour, not you and your buddies =P

MrRotten
04-13-2013, 12:53 AM
main missions dont allow co-op on bosses, simply because it would detract from the story, you are susposed to be the ark hunter saviour, not you and your buddies =P

And actually, I can respect that point, very very valid point!