PDA

View Full Version : Hotshot: Moonshine shack

hyrenfreak
04-12-2013, 07:03 PM
wow i've done this 20 times now and cant get past the 1500s, how do i beat this thing or at least get silver

Insanityplea
04-12-2013, 08:44 PM
1. Getting shot decreases your multi by 1
2. Cover cover cover!
3. Try and kill more than 1 per shot
4. If needed, try respeccing.

These perks helped me and others get through this, though some say perks dont work, they did for me.
http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/?link=18a-27c-30c-37c-39a-45c-46a-47a-48a-49a-56c-58a-68c-78a-&start=78

I had 4 perk slots open at the time, went with the 2 speed boosts and 2 defensive.

Also try equipping a Respark shield if you dont have one, it has the lowest delay before recharging.

Insanityplea
04-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Also after a little bit a Raider transport thing comes up near the chicken coops, you can use these structures to Line of sight the mobs for recharge purposes and also get multiple kills when they start popping out.

Arsenic_Touch
04-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Holy shtako, I tried for an hour and couldn't get over 2k. Just did it for 20 minutes straight finally hit 10k for silver )8k is what you need for silver)

Pretty much kill the first guy, then kiill the ones that come out of the shed, and then if a digger thing spawns, get those 2-3 guys, then get the guys coming around the vehicle and you'll come upon the chicken pen where another digger shows up and I pretty much just went back and forth using the chicken pen as cover and wracked up enough points, once I saw I was over 8k, did a bullrush charge into them and got 2k more. You can move in between the chicken pen and the digger and aim the shotgun instead of hip firing and kill those in the yard if you aim dead center, then just pop out to grab the ammo then run back behind the pen. That's what I did to get the points needed.

As said, cover, and duck is important. As long as you hit at least one guy every so often you don't lose the counter, and keep an eye on your ammo count. You can afford to miss one shot, but not any more. And most of all, don't rush it.

I noticed that there is a problem with it prematurely ending even with full health shields and ammo. Had that happen so many times. Also, it will glitch and your other gun will pop out and end up screwing you up, but then you can dodge and use your power, so that's how people are getting the high scores.

hyrenfreak
04-13-2013, 02:45 AM
Holy shtako, I tried for an hour and couldn't get over 2k. Just did it for 20 minutes straight finally hit 10k for silver )8k is what you need for silver)

Pretty much kill the first guy, then kiill the ones that come out of the shed, and then if a digger thing spawns, get those 2-3 guys, then get the guys coming around the vehicle and you'll come upon the chicken pen where another digger shows up and I pretty much just went back and forth using the chicken pen as cover and wracked up enough points, once I saw I was over 8k, did a bullrush charge into them and got 2k more. You can move in between the chicken pen and the digger and aim the shotgun instead of hip firing and kill those in the yard if you aim dead center, then just pop out to grab the ammo then run back behind the pen. That's what I did to get the points needed.

As said, cover, and duck is important. As long as you hit at least one guy every so often you don't lose the counter, and keep an eye on your ammo count. You can afford to miss one shot, but not any more. And most of all, don't rush it.

I noticed that there is a problem with it prematurely ending even with full health shields and ammo. Had that happen so many times. Also, it will glitch and your other gun will pop out and end up screwing you up, but then you can dodge and use your power, so that's how people are getting the high scores.

tried doing this and it worked great, my main problem was running out of ammo and after i read this i saw that they give u more ammo so it made it way easier and i got it done in like 3 tries

Daergar
04-13-2013, 02:50 AM
A bit of misinformation in this thread, getting hit and whatnot.

1, just run around like mad. Try to get double kills, but most importanty; pick up ammo.

2, do not run out of ammo. This is what ends the scenario. There is no timer.

3, it's easy to die because they swarm around and you need to get steady kills for the multiplier but also get out of cover to keep the ammo stocked. Use a shield with a quick recharge if you're having problems.

Arsenic_Touch
04-13-2013, 02:56 AM
tried doing this and it worked great, my main problem was running out of ammo and after i read this i saw that they give u more ammo so it made it way easier and i got it done in like 3 tries

Seriously worked my *** off last night trying to do it and got so tired that I was barely breaking 500 points, and then when I picked it up this evening again, hugged the shtako out of that chicken pen and just picked em off in the courtyard and noticed my counter was at 8k. Let out a squee and just bullrushed the courtyard. Was literally about to quit too when I decided to do one more and then it just all clicked.

sandman
04-13-2013, 04:57 AM
use the different obsticles on the map so u can hide when ur shield breaks, and wait a bit so they can congest abit. but dont stay hidden for to long or ull will loose ur multiplier and have to start all over again. i managed to stay alive until the Hulker spawned, man does he like to hug u. when i tried to hide so i can let my shield recharge he was right behind me wanting to smash my face :( by this time i had GOLD so i didnt redo it.

kirix
04-13-2013, 06:44 AM
i got silver today after 3 trys.

u need to use the "rabid badger" apreach i order to do it.

you just get the spawn locations sorted then just dont stop moving get right up close and boom 1 shot groups.

or justw atch youtube it shows u the route to take

Legendary
04-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Add the following perks: Displacement field, Escape Artist, Scavenger, Thickskinned
Use a respark (or rebel) shield.
I guarantee you see gold within 5 attempts

Roark24601
04-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Add the following perks: Displacement field, Escape Artist, Scavenger, Thickskinned

This.

I was getting frustrated, checked the forums where someone suggested this, and it worked like a charm.

Legendary
04-13-2013, 08:03 AM
This.

I was getting frustrated, checked the forums where someone suggested this, and it worked like a charm.

Now, what do we do about those F'N chickens??!!!

Sacria
04-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Perks are suposeably deactivated during hotshots so that "fix" wont change anything.
"
As for how to do it just do quick kills dont let yourself get overwhelmed, it's rather hard and took me over 30 mins to get silver in as well, but it's doable.

The chickens if they havent changed it yet just go to loadout and change weapons, you will be able to switch around from the gun you are using allowing you to use granades/granade launcher/rocket laucher which means you can easily get 100x the amount needed for gold since you can just keep switching weapons and never run out of ammo and even if you are close to it you can just wait for the granade cd.

Legendary
04-13-2013, 08:20 AM
Perks are suposeably deactivated during hotshots so that "fix" wont change anything.
"

I can attest 100% this is incorrect.
Once I changed my perks the following occurred:
Instead of 1-5 ammo, I had 30 shells withing a few kills. Once my shield was broken, I moved at breakneck speeds.
Perks are indeed active during at very least, this challenge.

Erdnax2195
04-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Did it with the first try!!!! Thx man!

Marcuz87
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I have the current higb score on ps3!! :-o it would be higher but the bastards pulled out a hulker on me lol

Its a little bit of luck, little bit of planning, and alot of retrys.. all I wanted was gold so I could get the shotty mod cache, after probably 30 times I finally broke 15k and just kept going

I had survival instinct lvl 1.. Scavenger lvl 3.. gunslinger lvl 2.. cellular armour lvl 3.. And just reward, only because I didn't think anything else would help (still didnt get any pickups) your pump action level probably helps, but mine is only 8 so im not sure

Go after groups any chance you get, I dont know for sure but I think reloading knocks 1x off just like being shot. So if you can, load all 3 and unload at a group. It has better range than you would think, pretty far away if you nail a group with 2 or 3 they'll drop.

Don't worry about cover to much at first, if you wait to long between kills it starts you with 1x getting hit and losing 1x to go from 8 to 12 is worth it.

Kill the rocket guys quick, you can take a relatively good amount of abuse from the regular guys, the rockets were what kept screwing me over, even with the sheild guys (always have 2 in the chamber with them, first one drops the sheild second kills them)

I mainly use the middle house as cover, going around to whichever side they're spawning at.

The multiplier is the key, if you get up to 10 and lose it, sorry to say, just die and start over.

The jump from 15k to 30k was actually easy (ish) by that time I had over 60x then the damn hulker got me out of nowhere, was not at all expecting that!

It mainly comes down to figuring out the right game plan, knowing when to bounce between cover, and when to say **** it and charge in

GiantInMaine
06-12-2013, 02:42 AM
If you just use Assassin's Cache (On a critical kill, regenerate some of the ammo reserve for your current weapon) you will have a full shotgun pretty quick and it will stay that way.

Carthoris
06-12-2013, 07:38 AM
As others have said, equipping rank 1 Scavenger (10% more ammo looted) makes this a breeze.

Instead of looting 1 shell per kill, you loot 3-4. A quick recharging shield helps a great deal, but Scavenger makes it a whole new ballgame.

Good thing everyone gets Scavenger for free from arkfall codes, eh?