PDA

View Full Version : How the ****

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 07:55 PM
How on earth do you's manage some of the missions with dark matter folks running about all 6 aiming at the time time, the shield goes straight away, health dont last long what so ever, I cant get the bloody mission done.:mad:

Drakhan
04-12-2013, 07:58 PM
its called ego power stealth :)

Carsfanatic
How on earth do you's manage some of the missions with dark matter folks running about all 6 aiming at the time time, the shield goes straight away, health dont last long what so ever, I cant get the bloody mission done.:mad:

Powers and Perks and a good aim.

Vanquish999
Yeah tried that soon as i try click the objective they all turn for me and i die straight away

Vazuvius
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM

yea have this problem too. I have found that you can go into some of the mission instances as a group (at least one more person). I think that's what's being encouraged here.

markgatty
04-12-2013, 07:59 PM
try cloak with swad off shotgun. the one that shoots in a horosontal spread. it gets em in 1 or 2 shots or meal em first to get there shields down a little and its notmally a 1 shot kill. than hide again once your cloak runs out.
or use overcharge with the SAW LMG that works too.

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 08:00 PM
has anyone got a good stealth layout I could see? If they could take a screenshot and post link here that would be great

Niquara
kill them all first

Taaltos
Dodge roll....shoot....static grenade...dodge roll....shoot....hide....shoot....dodge...shoot... hide...shoot

**EDIT** Interesting. The forums automatically removed ALL my caps. The above string of stuff was ALL CAPPED. xD

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 08:01 PM
kill them all first
Not think I have tried that, I go for one they all shoot me at same time and I die instantly

Niquara
04-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Not think I have tried that, I go for one they all shoot me at same time and I die instantly

ahhh which mission is it??

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Why doesn't matter.

That mission or just general mobs sometimes I have seen my self driving past them they blow it up striaght away and I get no time to react and die,

Niquara
04-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I was just curious, ok then

Insanityplea
04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Tactics are required for Dark Matter.

Granted I can just go Blur through like 10 killing them all without using cover. Can also use Cloak to do this. Can also use a sniper rifle from a vantage with some cover to hide behind. Can also use Decoy to draw their fire for a few seconds while you get to cover.

You cannot just run and gun on Dark Matter until you learn their habits and such...or ...get good at the game.

Also considering others have done these without issue............................................. ...........

Ikagawa
04-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a major case of suck.

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
I am good at the game just them they piss me off, I do start off with hiding in cover but then same thing happens again, Is there any page for good layouts available?

Vanquish999
04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a major case of suck.

Indeed it is lol

KodiakX
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Bolt action Sniper Rifle and a SAW. They just flop over dead.

There's maybe like 3 encounters in the game where there's 3+ snipers which will instantly kill you.

Indolo
04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Basically don't be in all their lines of fire at once. Look for spots to hide behind and quickly kill whichever ones can still fire on you there. Move around between cover to get line of sight on targets, try to take out priority targets like snipers. Use cover/stealth/decoy to get your shields back.

Dark Matter will tear you up fast if you let them keep shooting you.

Primeval
04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Yeah, Dark Matter mobs are pretty rough. I use a sniper rifle and tend to stay in cover while I kill them one at the time.. starting with their snipers first. If they start coming close at you, you can run away to reset them and rinse n repeat.

Other times I just run in all suicidal-like and blast them away with my trusty shotgun and head for cover to recharge shield.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm a big fan of my FRC SAW and my Stun Grenades.

Taaltos
04-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Ooh! Also, the damned Dark Matter Snipers....are NO joke. Find them and kill them quickly.

They're almost as bad as a group of Pod's.

Dazz
04-12-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm slow as hell, but I manage them with the SAW and a Bolt Action sniper most of the time. Try to find cover. Unless you are super fast they are gonna gang up on you. They seem to get me the worst though when I'm en-route somewhere and crash my car into something nearby. I'm usually dead the instant I dismount.

russell733
04-13-2013, 08:21 AM
You dont just jump into the middle of a group of Dark matter and start fighting like you can with Mutants and Raiders. Need to learn to use cover and take them out one at a time. I like to thin them out with a sniper from range first, then work your way through an area, and dont be afraid to run away and grab cover if you get outnumbered

M00N
04-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Well its not easy the Dark Matters, specialy with reinforcments and adds, but LOS is what u need use line of site and burn them down 1-2 at a time, would recomende fast dps weapons.

SMG or a AR or a SAW with overcharge or shottys with Stealth. Even Snipers are a really good tactic (the one i used the most to be honest, overcharge and sniper from behind a hill or cover.

Keydric
04-13-2013, 08:33 AM
I found a grenade shotgun work very well, and using alot of the tactics mentioned about about cover and cloak. I can usually find a way to get them to bunch up around a corner, and then just jump out and unload with the grenade shotgun, 15 in the clip and a good enough damage radius. They usually all get stunned quickly and I can take out groups decently.

BSager
04-13-2013, 08:45 AM
Dodge roll....shoot....static grenade...dodge roll....shoot....hide....shoot....dodge...shoot... hide...shoot

**EDIT** Interesting. The forums automatically removed ALL my caps. The above string of stuff was ALL CAPPED. xD

This.

Move around, dodge and weave. Take advantage of cover. As soon as they are on to you, move your ***. Don't stand out in the open.

Blackwolfe
04-13-2013, 08:49 AM
You can even see dark matter snipers when they are cloaked if you got good eyes. There is a shimmering effect where they are standing. Sometimes I simply snipe them before they even come out of cloak.

Ah yes, and standing out in the open with several snipers around, bad idea. The only times I've been killed by them is really when there have been other enemies around shooting at me.