PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Bandwagon

Revolution 1776
04-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Yep, hoping on it.

Someone give me the spec and shotgun i should be using.

So sick and tired of trying to be different but it seems that every 5 deaths i get 1 kill thanks to stealthing shotgun users.

Eihder
04-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Pump shotgun 1 per weapon slot for no reloading and cloaking, the rest is just butter. I used to be a believer in overcharge then got tired being the only visible player and jumped on the wagon myself. I agree its just easier to do that took down 4 people without trying and managed to run away. Reminds me take escape artist and shadowed strike for that alpha hit.

Revolution 1776
04-12-2013, 09:16 PM
I mean shotgun and bunny hopping around with rocket launchers seems to be the only thing people are doing in PVP.

Tekkor
04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Basically what he said...

If your selling out completely....get two pump shotguns. Increase the clip size and hip dmg on them if able with mods. Preferably elemental damage ones as well. Get a big Ironclad shield to take the damage back. Get the Sucker Punch perk. There is also a perk for more damage shooting from hip.

Keep in mind though....this build seems really effective now because its easy and the two DM Maps are small. Once they add the other map it will shift a bit. Also...the patch next week is going to change things a bit in particular on infectors and sawed-off shotguns.

In my experience the shotgun/cloak comb is VERY effective on Waterfront...the 6v6. On the other map Observatory 8v8...there is more room to experiment. Shadow Wars...sniper rifles and AR's are much more useful in my opinion.

Kataclysm
04-12-2013, 09:24 PM
I jumped onto that bandwagon. Been rocking shotguns all day. I've been changing dif ones out and checking whats better been failing alot and ****** alot with different setups. But havnt found the sweet setup.

Kroktar
04-12-2013, 09:56 PM
I have seen a lot dual shotgun lately, Sawed Shotgun then Pump Shotgun... Get insta kill with one then swap to pump and gg lol

Revolution 1776
04-12-2013, 10:38 PM
It's honestly pretty sad we have to resort to this.

Victim Eyes
04-12-2013, 10:58 PM
nooooooobs

edit: had to make it @ least ten characters long

niloc
04-12-2013, 11:00 PM
The problem is 'we' don't. People see what owns them, and they just copy it. That's what I did at first, used shotgun+cloak but then I started experimenting with a friend and with other guns and now I tear the majority of shotgunners apart. I do not claim to be some super-god or anything, but so many bad players think shotgun+cloak = instant-win and you can easily capitalize on them. There are some shotgunners out there that still give me problems, but like I said in the other thread, it's not the shotgun, it's the cloak.

Victim Eyes
04-12-2013, 11:02 PM
use decoy and run the perk that uncloaks those lil buggers. problem solved?

niloc
04-12-2013, 11:08 PM
The problem is that cannot be up 24/7. Now I know cloak can't be up that much either, but cloak has the advantage of being the offensive skill. It could come at anytime and you do not know when you should use your decoy. There are times that would be smart to use it, like when you are attacking a point, or making a push in deathmatch, but it is not going to catch ever cloaker ever. A shotgunner with cloak that sneaks up on someone will get the kill the majority of the time, while someone with scanner sweep will be able to assist the group occasionally, but not promise kills the same way. It is a counter, but it is not problem solved as cloak+shotgun brings way more to the table and decoy+sensor sweep.

Victim Eyes
04-12-2013, 11:15 PM
I've never tried the decoy tactic, but the 1st level of uncloaking is 10m and I assume it goes up by ten. So a 30m scan radius is rather large. Now, I don't know if it negates their cloak entirely or just while they are in range of the decoy but I think it could be very useful against a team of cloak artists.

EDIT: also, it may show them on radar when they get uncloaked by the decoy.

SuredeathHellman
04-13-2013, 11:15 PM
use decoy and run the perk that uncloaks those lil buggers. problem solved?

Decoy is on way too long of a cooldown to be of any use against multiple cloak/sg mouthbreathers.

Hop around hipfiring with shotgun or autoaiming with an infector.

Kwatos
04-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Again Suredeathhellman quoting someone, and not actually offering any constructive advice, just talking to hear himself talk, please consider not playing PvP if all you're going to do is complain in every thread you exist on.

PvP is fine, players need to realize that the maps are geared towards CQC encounters and obviously shotguns beat assault rifles at close range.

Obviously guns that require ADS are going to get much better when zoom sensitivity is fixed. Sitting there saying "Hip fire with a shotgun" doesn't do anything. What the hell are you going to do, Take Aim with your Shotgun when you're 2 feet from someone, get a clue.

If you want an twitch based shooter where jumping affects your crosshair then go play Counterstrike, this isn't the game for you.

Don't try to turn something NEW into something that already exists. Let the game evolve and progress to whatever end it needs to. Crying on forums doesn't make you a better player. Learning how to counter the meta-game requires 2 more brain cells, something you obviously don't have.

Dwane
04-14-2013, 12:46 AM
Cloak+ 30% dmg from cloak perk and sawed shotgun is pretty much all u need. U can add perk that increases dmg from behind, but ppl tends to use antiperk that decreases dmg from behind (how original). When sawed shotguns get nerfed, switch to pump shotgun with tight spread (not flat garbage).
Popup cloak, run around to find some1 whou would have no clue ur even there (duration is ridiculous as u can run across whole map), run to him and just blast him into face.

Raehvyn
04-14-2013, 02:56 AM
I mentioned in another thread I am new to this style of PvP. I went from 2(if lucky)/6 to 14/3 plus. I used to roll LMG+overload. I used this throughout my entire Defiance career. Only weapon near level 20. I abandoned it, picked up a fragger, and a really crappy build that isn't even a proper build and I am still fragging everyone. I didn't think to snag a screenshot of it though.

I mean it is fun I guess clearing everyone out. All I do is flank and own everyone engaging the main force. It may be fun but it isn't what I want to be doing. In Shadow War my prior build was both fun and balanced, I had to work for my kills. This is crazy easy. >.>

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Double shotgun eh? Damn almost wish they weren't nerfing sawed offs so noobs would keep running that build as a few def perks and escape artist and I'm gone while you switch to other shotty to finish me off I'm out of distance and making you eat LMG or AR fire probably while creeping through bio grenade or sludge rocket.

RtCW DeMilLeR
04-14-2013, 03:47 AM
Again Suredeathhellman quoting someone, and not actually offering any constructive advice, just talking to hear himself talk, please consider not playing PvP if all you're going to do is complain in every thread you exist on.

PvP is fine, players need to realize that the maps are geared towards CQC encounters and obviously shotguns beat assault rifles at close range.

Obviously guns that require ADS are going to get much better when zoom sensitivity is fixed. Sitting there saying "Hip fire with a shotgun" doesn't do anything. What the hell are you going to do, Take Aim with your Shotgun when you're 2 feet from someone, get a clue.

If you want an twitch based shooter where jumping affects your crosshair then go play Counterstrike, this isn't the game for you.

Don't try to turn something NEW into something that already exists. Let the game evolve and progress to whatever end it needs to. Crying on forums doesn't make you a better player. Learning how to counter the meta-game requires 2 more brain cells, something you obviously don't have.

Oh. How dare you talk us to play Counter strike things?
Hey. At least Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament,
Machineguns able to Hopping shot TOO. In this game? Well.
You should not talk like that. Cause other automatic weapon users are not available to fight with Hopping
This is Unfair.

Anyway, I play AR with BMG and Decoy.(using Xbox pad)
Also, I saw you very much time.
I didnt make much Overdeath with this setting.

However, it makes me seriously annoy when I killed in 1 sec without any time to fight against Shotty with AR.
I already know, Shotty is NOT problem. The cloack is problem.

Btw, IMO Aiming sensitivity fixed is Mandatory.
You guys want to playing Sniper masscre games like other?
Quake 3 railgun? Well. Other weapons are able to fire accurately while moving fast.
This game is Not.

Dwane
04-14-2013, 03:49 AM
Double shotgun eh? Damn almost wish they weren't nerfing sawed offs so noobs would keep running that build as a few def perks and escape artist and I'm gone while you switch to other shotty to finish me off I'm out of distance and making you eat LMG or AR fire probably while creeping through bio grenade or sludge rocket.

Nerfing sawed shotguns leads nowhere. Many pump shotguns and burst shotguns can kill in 1 sec or even destroy 3 ppl by single magazine.

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Nerfing sawed shotguns leads nowhere. Many pump shotguns and burst shotguns can kill in 1 sec or even destroy 3 ppl by single magazine.

No I completely agree. I have a pump shotgun that fires twice at the pull of the trigger that is as lethal as any sawed off coming out of cloak as it one shots, well two shots technically, anyone not setup with the right shield and perks. I also have another pump that that resembles the Halo shotgun that is devastating in more sustained fights and out of cloak. Sawed off is only good for taking advantage of certain perk combos that increase cloak up time. The general lack of skill needed for shotguns in general applies to all types not just sawed offs so the nerf will affect very little as far as the meta game is concerned. It will only get the whole community to make a tweak that the smart players have already figured out. Unless hopefully that sawed off that shoots the two sticky grenades gets nerfed hard as that is actually more frustrating to deal with cause it has range and nukes peeps out of stealth. I can't just back away pumping lead into their face while they impotently blast away at me from distance, I have to do a dodge roll making me break my aim and gives them time to reload and close.

My shotguns are not even on my load outs though as I am enjoying a semi-auto AR and Automatic pistol set up right now. Much more tactical and fun. I don't top charts but my K/D is actually really good with it.

Dwane
04-14-2013, 05:11 AM
No I completely agree. I have a pump shotgun that fires twice at the pull of the trigger that is as lethal as any sawed off coming out of cloak as it one shots, well two shots technically, anyone not setup with the right shield and perks. I also have another pump that that resembles the Halo shotgun that is devastating in more sustained fights and out of cloak. Sawed off is only good for taking advantage of certain perk combos that increase cloak up time. The general lack of skill needed for shotguns in general applies to all types not just sawed offs so the nerf will affect very little as far as the meta game is concerned. It will only get the whole community to make a tweak that the smart players have already figured out. Unless hopefully that sawed off that shoots the two sticky grenades gets nerfed hard as that is actually more frustrating to deal with cause it has range and nukes peeps out of stealth. I can't just back away pumping lead into their face while they impotently blast away at me from distance, I have to do a dodge roll making me break my aim and gives them time to reload and close.

My shotguns are not even on my load outs though as I am enjoying a semi-auto AR and Automatic pistol set up right now. Much more tactical and fun. I don't top charts but my K/D is actually really good with it.

U should check flare gun before they nerf it. Its almost more OP then shotguns, just with skill involved.

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 05:55 AM
U should check flare gun before they nerf it. Its almost more OP then shotguns, just with skill involved.

I have heard about them and even seen one in game. It only had one round although I understand that a quick mod can make them ridiculous because how the pistol extended magazine mod adds a fixed amount of rounds instead of a percentage giving it the edge over sawed offs whose mod is a percentage. I can't remember seeing anyone capitalizing on this though on the xbox yet. I prefer precision weapons myself so I junked the one I found as it reminded me too much of the explosive weapons in boarderlands 2 with its slow flight time which I didn't like. I could definitely see them being good though. Maybe if I find another one I will give it a shot just for funzies.

EVOKnight
04-14-2013, 07:48 AM
I use an assault rifle and a shotgun and get a even distributon of kills. I take enemies out at range and use team work to stay alive. Observatory is a decent map for assault riles.