PDA

View Full Version : Social Features

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:37 AM
I am really curious to see what social features, from animated waves to voice chat, Defiance will have.

Please post your thoughts and ideas about what you would like to see as far as the social aspect of Defiance goes. I am really interested in hearing other people ideas and seeing what the developers actually do with the social aspect of the game!

Cyber
06-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Given that Defiance has been touted (in the very few articles already out there) heavily as a team-game with lots of co-op opportunities, one would expect that Trion will be developing the social aspect of the game to match. As for VOIP systems, that might be a hard call. It always seem like game devs can put a lot of time into in-game VOIP systems only to have it rarely used since most gamers use external VOIP servers for gaming already.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 06:20 AM
The thing is... Now that they are releasing an MMO on multiple platforms, all of which have different capabilities, it might be hard to integrate Voice chat into the game.

PC - Can have Ventrilo servers outside of the game.
Xbox 360 - Xbox Live Parties enable chat.
PS3 - There is not really any chat features on PS3 besides inside games and they probably wont have access to a keyboard.

Maybe it wont be an issue, but I sure hope they have taken this into account.

Quizzical Harpy
06-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Well it is set in the future so there could be devices that enable you to talk?

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Well it is set in the future so there could be devices that enable you to talk?

Well if you needed in game items to enable chat.. That would be sure to make it interesting!

Escyos
06-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Well if you needed in game items to enable chat.. That would be sure to make it interesting!

That would be cool, like you need a radio to talk to others nearby and a computer (maybe like a wristband computer) to talk to anyone.

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 11:07 AM
That would be cool, like you need a radio to talk to others nearby and a computer (maybe like a wristband computer) to talk to anyone.

I can just see people riding Quads with a massive boombox on their shoulder now. You don't want to be inside my head.. lol

Cyber
06-07-2012, 03:23 PM
I have a feeling that equpiment dependent communications (i.e. you need a specific in game item in order to take advantage of it) wouldn't be a great idea. That would almost ensure that players would use an external VOIP server instead of worrying about finding, crafting, or carrying around another piece of equipment. It is already difficult to get gamers to give us Vent or TS3 or Mumble in favour of in-game voice systems, and putting restrictions on it would make it even less popular.

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah, I wasn't really taking it seriously but I thought it would be a cool feature in a game if implemented correctly.

Escyos
06-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I have a feeling that equpiment dependent communications (i.e. you need a specific in game item in order to take advantage of it) wouldn't be a great idea. That would almost ensure that players would use an external VOIP server instead of worrying about finding, crafting, or carrying around another piece of equipment. It is already difficult to get gamers to give us Vent or TS3 or Mumble in favour of in-game voice systems, and putting restrictions on it would make it even less popular.

Not if its easy to find such equipment or buy it cheaply.

Adsinonimous
06-08-2012, 03:27 AM
I think we should scrap the idea because it's just never going to happen. lol

Wiggle Pooh
08-13-2013, 05:28 AM
I think we should scrap the idea because it's just never going to happen. lol

Seems to still be the general idea regarding the social aspect of the game.

Aaricane
08-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Seems to still be the general idea regarding the social aspect of the game.In no way was this reply worth bumping a year old thread.

Wiggle Pooh
08-13-2013, 02:56 PM
In no way was this reply worth bumping a year old thread.
If you consider the fact that this has been an issue for over a year, I believe it to be very relevant with the priorities list out.

marshy
08-13-2013, 03:04 PM
If you consider the fact that this has been an issue for over a year, I believe it to be very relevant with the priorities list out.

Your so funny this thread is over a year old .

Wiggle Pooh
08-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Your so funny this thread is over a year old .

So are the problems with the in-game social features.

marshy
08-13-2013, 03:36 PM
So are the problems with the in-game social features.

What social features (it has none)

Atticus Batman
08-13-2013, 04:24 PM
What social features (it has none)

I beleive that is the point, the demented looking Pooh Man is trying to make!

A s0t
08-13-2013, 04:26 PM
Seems to still be the general idea regarding the social aspect of the game.thread resurrection spell?

marshy
08-13-2013, 04:28 PM
thread resurrection spell?

The mods will do a disappearing spell on it soon.

Rasczak
08-13-2013, 06:34 PM
The mods will do a disappearing spell on it soon.

Well, they've been trying to do that a lot with the game's problems. Why should this one not be swept away, too?