PDA

View Full Version : Star Citizen; anyone interested in it?

Duskguy
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
as someone who played freelancer and the first wing commander, this game looks like it could be amazing. a space sim like freelancer and wing commander combined in a large open world player driven galaxy.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

for those who dont know, it will be a space sim based around basically anything you want. whether that is exploration, combat, trading, etc. the game promises to be quite large and contain a variety of places, ships, etc.

the game will likely be completely player driven unless something comes up and plans change.
they plan on a single player, a co-op play as well as the large open world MMO version all in one game which would pander to all types of space sim fans.

so, anyone else watching this game?

rathb18
03-10-2013, 04:05 PM
as someone who played freelancer and the first wing commander, this game looks like it could be amazing. a space sim like freelancer and wing commander combined in a large open world player driven galaxy.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/

for those who dont know, it will be a space sim based around basically anything you want. whether that is exploration, combat, trading, etc. the game promises to be quite large and contain a variety of places, ships, etc.

the game will likely be completely player driven unless something comes up and plans change.
they plan on a single player, a co-op play as well as the large open world MMO version all in one game which would pander to all types of space sim fans.

so, anyone else watching this game?

I know I am, Looks like an amazing game. I especially love the attention there giving the graphics.

Yooji
03-10-2013, 04:39 PM
here here I am :)

Duskguy
03-10-2013, 05:00 PM
I know I am, Looks like an amazing game. I especially love the attention there giving the graphics.

more than the graphics, the detail to things like the physics where each vector thruster will effect how your ship handles, boarding actions and such with first person shooter tactical elements... i cant wait.

OcelotKharn
03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I played Freelancer and ive played EVE and I think its great what they are doing with this game, but question is how popular will it become.

Protonix
03-10-2013, 05:54 PM
looks interesting, I'd probably give it a go

Duskguy
03-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I played Freelancer and ive played EVE and I think its great what they are doing with this game, but question is how popular will it become.

well the plan is to release it in about 24 months, so thats 2 years to develop and refine the game.

so far, from the website i linked,
"Raised: $8,362,685

RSI: $6,228,311 Kickstarter: $2,134,374

Space Sim Fans: 154,451

RSI: 120,054 Kickstarter: 34,397"

so they have raised over 8 million and have at least 154k people at least thinking of getting the game... 2 years before they estimate they will finish.

Dolnor
03-11-2013, 01:03 AM
I've funded it on both sites so yeah, you may say I've already bought both games! (Squadron 42 and Star Citizen).

Check out the Roberts Space Industries website. There are vids of Wingman's Hanger which are pretty good. And the Devs are being pretty transparent on the development stages of the games. Plus they have a live chat channel and the Devs are very responsive on the forums.

Two thumbs up on the execution of the project so far! -)

TQQdles™

Venidicio
03-11-2013, 06:14 AM
I pledged for this game via Kickstarter in 2012. It looks like an ambitious project; no monthly fees, and they have a good history in gaming community.

Duskguy
03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Glad to see im nit the only space sim fan here waiting for this game.

I am applying for black widow company as i see them in planetside all the time and know they work well together. Hopfully I'll see you when they release the first alpha/beya this year

Duskguy
03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
wow, only a few Defiance players (who browse these forums at least) seem to know/ be interested in this.... would've thought it being scifi and all would've had more people at least knowing about it.

rathb18
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I think it's because not many people seem to come to the Off Topic part of the forums.