PDA

View Full Version : Cloak perks need attention

Matilda Longfall
04-13-2013, 12:39 AM
The cloak ego power and its perks (particularly "Shadowed Strike") should be strongly reconsidered.

Overcharge provides a maximum benefit of 30% additional damage for 16s (assuming "Killing Machine" is maxed). The minimum recharge (using only Overload specific perks) is 41 seconds.

Cloak provides a maximum benefit of 30% additional damage (assuming "Shadowed Strike" is maxed) for 21s. The minimum recharge (using only Cloak specific perks is 31 seconds).

Cloak provides more damage output capability than Overcharge AND provides significant additional benefit (shield regen + invisibility). This seems grossly out of balance.

Am I missing something?

munrock
04-13-2013, 12:50 AM
When you open fire while cloaked, your cloak comes down. I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure the 30% bonus only applies to the first few rounds you fire, or maybe even just the first.

It's a really obvious discrepancy if the 30% bonus applied consistently. Pretty sure the designers would have noticed.

Eihder
04-13-2013, 01:02 AM
You also recloak if you dont keep firing wich also makes shields regen again and lets you hit again. Fact is perks give too much it should at max only be half of what overcharge gives otherwise the other abilities just become redundant.. same with escape artist etc. At max should only be half of what the ability offers. Thats why everyones using the same exact setups in pvp with little variance.

fang1192
04-13-2013, 01:02 AM
The cloak ego power and its perks (particularly "Shadowed Strike") should be strongly reconsidered.

Overcharge provides a maximum benefit of 30% additional damage for 16s (assuming "Killing Machine" is maxed). The minimum recharge (using only Overload specific perks) is 41 seconds.

Cloak provides a maximum benefit of 30% additional damage (assuming "Shadowed Strike" is maxed) for 21s. The minimum recharge (using only Cloak specific perks is 31 seconds).

Cloak provides more damage output capability than Overcharge AND provides significant additional benefit (shield regen + invisibility). This seems grossly out of balance.

Am I missing something?

Let me guess, you dont use cloak at all.

CodyCo
04-13-2013, 01:06 AM
lol shadowed strike is a garbage perk it only applys to the first shot i took it off day 2 of defiance i could only see it being applied to a sniper role or a sawn off