PDA

View Full Version : Future of defiance

kpeanut2992
04-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Ok i just want to start by saying i there are issues but who cares this game even as it stands is FUN BUT......
im just worried about what will happen when the next xbox launches i mean to say that im hopping defiance wont get left behind and will progress with us to the next GEN

lemieux
04-13-2013, 01:05 AM
I would say its not looking good. Last rumor is next Xbox will not be backwards compatible.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-13-2013, 01:16 AM
I doubt Defiance will go away when the next Xbox launches...I for one don't think I'll be getting it since it's pretty much been confirmed that it requires an "always on" internet connection to function...

BlameItOnGod13
04-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I tell you what if it focuses on zune Netflix and hulu, things I don't use, I will be getting a ps4. the always on doesn't bother me I have a good ISP.

rralpheboy
04-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Not really a big deal, my console now is always on an internet connection. Really don't see the issue.

I doubt Defiance will go away when the next Xbox launches...I for one don't think I'll be getting it since it's pretty much been confirmed that it requires an "always on" internet connection to function...

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-13-2013, 01:37 AM
I tell you what if it focuses on zune Netflix and hulu, things I don't use, I will be getting a ps4. the always on doesn't bother me I have a good ISP.

Zune doesn't exist anymore. It was discontinued a couple of years ago.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Not really a big deal, my console now is always on an internet connection. Really don't see the issue.

The issue is that without an internet connection or if your internet connection goes out for some reason, the next Xbox will be nothing more than a giant paperweight. It will not play any games or anything.

rralpheboy
04-13-2013, 01:49 AM
Ok I can see that point, so thankfully the internet always on rumor is only a rumor, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

The issue is that without an internet connection or if your internet connection goes out for some reason, the next Xbox will be nothing more than a giant paperweight. It will not play any games or anything.

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Ok I can see that point, so thankfully the internet always on rumor is only a rumor, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

No it has pretty much been confirmed. A Microsoft employee even went on a rant on Twitter saying he didn't understand what everyone's big deal was with a console that requires an "always on" connection. He was later forced to resign from Microsoft though.

But this article pretty much says that it's what Microsoft is going to do:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-720-requires-internet-connection-to-load-games-6406433

JammyThumbs
04-13-2013, 03:28 AM
I will pick up the next xbox or ps4 but not at launch. As for the lifespan of the current generation of consoles they have a few good years left in them as there are so many in circulation.