PDA

View Full Version : Orange Weapons.. Myth, or Reality?

Vault Boy
04-13-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm starting to be convinced they don't exist at all. I'm almost ego 600, have bought 9-teir 4 lock boxes, 14-teir 3, and 10-teir 2 (That's 992 keycodes spent, mind you). I've done so many arkfalls that my eyes have been glossy the last 2 days from staring at my TV. I got pulled over for speeding today, and the cop almost searched my car because he thought I was high. I then explained to him that my eyes were red and glossy from extreme gaming (true story).

And yet, I still have not received the treasure I have so desperately sought. Woe is me.

I'm willing to bet that when i finally get an orange, it'll be something crappy like a blast rifle/ infector/ bmg..

The Skrillanator
04-13-2013, 03:12 AM
OP has never ever played an FPSRPG. loooooooooooool
Hey remember that game borderlands? man was that good times...

Riku_Kurosaki15
04-13-2013, 03:12 AM
They exist...I have an Orange level SMG...

Vault Boy
04-13-2013, 03:14 AM
I had awesome luck in borderlands.. I got about 6 of the oranges without ever having to farm. Maybe this is making up for that...

Oh, and *TPSRPG

tabularasa
04-13-2013, 03:21 AM
Have gotten 4 from various boxes. Just recently got an Orange Magnum Pistol that has a rate of fire that could be compared to a sunday driver. 5 shots and does a ton of damage. Good times. Gotta level pistols anyway...

JammyThumbs
04-13-2013, 03:24 AM
I feel you pain! Ego 600+ and not one orange! I have got some really good purples though. I just wish I'd get a weapon from arkfalls all i get is shields and granades! Loving the game though, best game I have played since FF7

Zoomz00m
04-13-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm starting to be convinced they don't exist at all. I'm almost ego 600, have bought 9-teir 4 lock boxes, 14-teir 3, and 10-teir 2 (That's 992 keycodes spent, mind you). I've done so many arkfalls that my eyes have been glossy the last 2 days from staring at my TV. I got pulled over for speeding today, and the cop almost searched my car because he thought I was high. I then explained to him that my eyes were red and glossy from extreme gaming (true story).

And yet, I still have not received the treasure I have so desperately sought. Woe is me.

I'm willing to bet that when i finally get an orange, it'll be something crappy like a blast rifle/ infector/ bmg..

This will be me in about 300ER though with less lock box purchases, I have the same luck. Yep it must be karma! Though I would love to get an orange infector...I love those little tykes skittering around at my feet :) What I am wondering is do sight mods for them exist, I have yet to see one?
Also good luck to you in finding your orange, remember the more effort put in the sweeter...Oh! Shtako that give Him/Me that damn orange already!!!

Rez
04-13-2013, 04:59 AM
Currently ego 959 and have yet to find an orange weapon I did buy one from a guy for 10k just to get started with the pursuit of equipping orange items in every slot.

Mr_Wild
04-13-2013, 05:09 AM
I got one in a tier 3 box yesterday

kkhendy
04-13-2013, 05:11 AM
I've opened about 13 tier 3 lockboxes and 5 tier 4, didn't get many purple, never mind orange.

My friend, who didn't even know what lockboxes were until I explained to him, opened his first tier 3 and got an orange weapon.

Unsent Soul
04-13-2013, 05:36 AM
I've opened about 13 tier 3 lockboxes and 5 tier 4, didn't get many purple, never mind orange.

My friend, who didn't even know what lockboxes were until I explained to him, opened his first tier 3 and got an orange weapon.

Tier 4 boxes are a rip off, enjoy throwing key codes away..

Pluto
04-13-2013, 05:42 AM
i found some orange nades on one of the last side missions in Madera... havent found another yet.. pc is getting lucky!

kkhendy
04-13-2013, 05:45 AM
Which is why there are 8 more tier 3 lockboxes and I've stopped opening tier 4, the only reason I opened tier 4 was because I thought there'd be more chance of better drops at the start of the game, then I started opening tier 3.

Soulhawk
04-13-2013, 05:48 AM
I just got my first orange weapon from a Tier 4 Lock Box last night at around 250 EGO but it was a POS Rocket Launcher that seemed to go in slow motion after you fired it so not exactly the Legendary weapon i was hoping for lol. Personally i think its just pure luck I've only bought about five Tier 4 lock boxes but some of my friends got there first orange after buying a dozen of them.

Just my opinion I wouldnt even waste the script or salvage on Tier 3 or less just do lots of ArkFalls, get the keycodes and take your chances on the Tier 4's....wish you he best of luck :)

loops73
04-13-2013, 06:11 AM
I am ego 613,and have never seen an orange,3 of my friends roughly the same level have never seen one either.

craigland
04-13-2013, 10:11 AM
They are called "legendary" for a reason....their existence is almost just a legend :p

UnsoundMrBlaze
04-13-2013, 10:17 AM
Its all about the tier 2 boxes man.............buy a whole basket of them and you might get lucky!

xxwillxx13
04-13-2013, 10:29 AM
I got a orange sawed off shotgun at ego rating 20...

jayx20
04-13-2013, 10:52 AM
bought ridiculous amounts of lock boxes, tier 4's and tier 3's, but no luck either.. never dropped one, never found one, not having good luck at all
almost ego 900, haven't even had many purples, probably about 5
still using weapons from lvl 300, my luck sucks!

Major Nelson
04-13-2013, 12:00 PM

iv spent way more and have yet to get one and im ego 1200... :(

Nexx
04-13-2013, 12:33 PM
I have 2 already and I'm only 749.

But I spend my days farming for Keycodes.

mikepaul
04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Is there a mini-boss or boss that even occasionally drops an orange? That orange flashbang grenade I got proves that a box CAN drop them, but the couple dozen boxes I've opened so far prove that this is a Borderlands 2 clone, not Borderlands 1...

x Amerii
04-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Ego :849
I have found 5, yes I repeat 5 legendary weapons.

Vbi hp-5 wolverine (587ego)
Vot blast rifle (298 ego)
Vbi sniper rifle (849 ego)
Vot tachmag pulser (138 ego)
Vot grind fragger(236 ego)
I found all of these entirely from tier four lockboxes...
I have never found any legendary weapons in any other box.

Zodiac
04-14-2013, 01:29 AM
I have yet to receive an orange piece. I'm ego 1046 and I still do pretty dam good damage with blues :p

Draxtal
04-14-2013, 01:35 AM
You're best bet is to get Tier 3 Lock Boxes, I have gotten 7 legendary some were duplicates but still worth it I trade them off for others. I think I have gotten pretty close to 100 Tier 3 Lock Boxes I have opened it about 10 times a day since the game came out, not adding them all together or counting just estimating. I would also suggest asking around, if you're scarce on key codes there are easy emergencies to get them.

Macka
04-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Not seen one opened many many tier 4 boxes, should probably stay on tier 3s in the future. I don't mind the oranges being super rare, gives me something to work towards when I want a break from ark falls and missions etc

seany1977
04-14-2013, 05:19 AM
I was lucky to pick up an orange SMG carbine early in the. Pretty useful in CQB firefights

xA5x
04-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Ego :849
I have found 5, yes I repeat 5 legendary weapons.

Vbi hp-5 wolverine (587ego)
Vot blast rifle (298 ego)
Vbi sniper rifle (849 ego)
Vot tachmag pulser (138 ego)
Vot grind fragger(236 ego)
I found all of these entirely from tier four lockboxes...
I have never found any legendary weapons in any other box.

Good to know, thank you sir.

Figma
04-14-2013, 05:29 AM
I got 4 at the moment but i have been trading them around so i had others before

BlueEyedGator
04-14-2013, 05:33 AM
It is definitely luck. Barely 300 and got an orange shotgun (not the greatest I admit) in the first tier 4 I bought. Only bought 5-6 tier 2 and got some good purples. Now the real problem is finding the mods! :)

JammyThumbs
04-14-2013, 05:39 AM
I got m first 2 yesterday at the Overpass. Infector that is really decent even though I rarely use them and a respark rearm which is not the greatest.

xlsa
04-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Hey man they are out there I've seen them and my friend has one and there's even an achievement to get one. I do understand how you feel ego 787 and haven't gotten **** I wouldn't waste your money or key codes while there's 5% bonus on everything like every other enemy I kill drops something I don't even buy lock boxes anymore haven't since like 380 ego there a waste.

Madokan
04-14-2013, 06:21 AM
Just want to let you know that I got my second legendary. I got it from a T4 Lockbox. It's an SMG so keep on Buying T3 or T4 - T2 is useless!

mrgrimezHD
04-14-2013, 06:22 AM
If I'm honest, Legendary weapons should have a different model to the rest of the weapons.

Last night I opened up my first Tier 4 lockbox and landed myself an Orange Sniper Rifle with Insane synergy stats, I didn't actually know I had anything due to the little glitch when opening lockbox's nothing pops up to tell you what you've got.

Looking in my inventory I noticed the Orange SR and instantly wondered what it looks like, it's a Legendary weapon after all right? so something must be different other then the stats.

Equipping said weapon I was disappointed to say the least, the Legendary weapon which can literally annihilate anything I point at, looked like a generic run of the mill common weapons found. Nothing was different =(

JammyThumbs
04-14-2013, 08:17 AM
If I'm honest, Legendary weapons should have a different model to the rest of the weapons.

Last night I opened up my first Tier 4 lockbox and landed myself an Orange Sniper Rifle with Insane synergy stats, I didn't actually know I had anything due to the little glitch when opening lockbox's nothing pops up to tell you what you've got.

Looking in my inventory I noticed the Orange SR and instantly wondered what it looks like, it's a Legendary weapon after all right? so something must be different other then the stats.

Equipping said weapon I was disappointed to say the least, the Legendary weapon which can literally annihilate anything I point at, looked like a generic run of the mill common weapons found. Nothing was different =(

I agree with you, even though the base stats are the same or similar the devs could make up for me by making Legendary weapons really stand out even if its just a camo or something

mrgrimezHD
04-14-2013, 08:29 AM
I agree with you, even though the base stats are the same or similar the devs could make up for me by making Legendary weapons really stand out even if its just a camo or something

Camo sounds good but some people will play for hours on end saving up the Keycodes and Scrip to buy 3 - 4 Tier 4 lock box's in the hopes to land a Legendary Weapon, hell, some people do nothing but save in order to get what they want whether it be for bragging rights or just to show off and enjoy.

Those people and indeed anyone else who manages to find a Legendary Weapon should at least see a totally different look of weapon altogether. That's what makes MMO's fun for the most part, having something which you know other people won't have because it's unique. Not to mention how long it takes for the Legendary weapons to drop, I've read other users post stating their Ego rating is far past 600+ and they haven't even had the chance to own one yet.

It takes the fun out of it when you whip out that insane weapon of choice knowing that it looks like the standard counterparts.

chadiwack
04-14-2013, 08:35 AM
I got my 1st Orange, a shotgun from the Iron Ranch or whatever it's called. I got it from a Tier 4. I'm only ego 360 and power rating 280. But hang in there dude.

IIIB StripesIII
04-14-2013, 12:23 PM
I fit in well here. Ego of 1,156 and I've only gotten an orange from having a friend give it to me. I'm pretty sure I haven't had a purple from a box too. Oh well, back to the grind.

x Amerii
04-15-2013, 09:50 AM
I now have 8 legendary weapons and I am convinced they only come in tier 4 lockboxes.... I must check youtube to see if there is a video with someone getting a rare in any other tier box.

Pyth
04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
I've gotten 3 of them. Two from Tier 3 Lockboxes and one from a Tier 4. They were all terrible.

Sold 2 and gave another one away at random to one of the people in the starting area.

AntTony917
04-15-2013, 10:28 AM
I now have 8 legendary weapons and I am convinced they only come in tier 4 lockboxes.... I must check youtube to see if there is a video with someone getting a rare in any other tier box.

Got an orange shotgun and detonator from tier 3 =p

Fury D514
04-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Got my first orange weapon. Lvl 202. Some sort of sticky grenade launcher. My 4th Tier 3 box.

Chaos 915
04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm at 1086 EGO, and I have yet to encounter a single orange rarity item.

duncanmacleod08
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
I finally got my first orange an infector out of a teir 4 lockbox was at a rating of 1015 when i got it. It seems to be a really rare shot to get orange and purple items.

CrusaderG005
04-16-2013, 01:03 AM
I feel you pain! Ego 600+ and not one orange! I have got some really good purples though. I just wish I'd get a weapon from arkfalls all i get is shields and granades! Loving the game though, best game I have played since FF7

JammyThumbs --- i love your forum pic. LOL

agiantmudcrab
04-16-2013, 06:05 AM
1593 The two guns equipped. Nuff said.

NDoyle
04-16-2013, 06:19 AM
I finally got my first orange last night, and it was...

...a grenade mod.

Granted, it's a nice flashzap, but still.

I think the real problem is not the rarity of the oranges, but the fact that nearly every gear drop is a white grenade or shield mod, identical to the last 100 drops...at this point, why not just drop scrip or salvage? It'd take up less inventory, and would be more useful to all players. Once you're out there adventuring, white grenades and shields are pretty much useless.

And thinking about this, I just realized that there's no vendor for those things. They should probably be in a vendor. Save the drops for something interesting - green, at least.

Sacrimony
04-16-2013, 06:27 AM
They are very real. Very rare, but real.

Cheets
04-16-2013, 06:33 AM
i had the same feeling was around 620 and finally last night just got a orange BMG in a teir 2 box.Its all about the luck of the draw

Draaconis
04-16-2013, 06:48 AM
I stopped caring really. At almost 800, my favorite assault rifle is green. I have not found a blue or purple burst-fire assault rifle. That's why I stopped caring. The odds of me finding an orange burst-fire assault rifle when I have been using the same one since the 500s is practically nonexistent. My toon (Mordeth) is still hitting top 3 consistently in major Ark Falls and I'm good with that.

Awka
04-16-2013, 06:50 AM
I've had an orange combat shotgun in my inventory since about Ego level 200... It wasn't that great, I never really used it and just sold it for a couple thousand scrip as other weapons I had were comparably better.

ryan31394
04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
Honestly, I've found about 5 or 6 oranges, and none of them were very good. IMO, they need to make them much more powerful than other weapons, especially now that lockboxes are much harder to get. The only addition you get for orange weapons is one or two extra little bonuses similar to those that you get for maxing out the weapon.
For the record, I don't remember the source but I found a chat detailing the percentage chance of getting each rarity level for each tier lockbox. Tier 4 had a much higher drop rate for purples and oranges than the other two.

Namistad
04-17-2013, 08:28 AM

I have been saying this alot. This is a borderlands remake. They just made the gun rarity system more rare.

Pyth
04-17-2013, 08:30 AM
I got a Legendary LMG out of a Tier 2 Lockbox last night.

So for those of you wondering if that was even possible, it most definitely is.

dj bry
04-17-2013, 08:59 AM
You can obtain orange from tier 2 lock boxes. I got an orange AR from one but it dissapered when I went to add mods. : (

Mr Mikah
04-17-2013, 09:47 AM
I've gotten around 6 of them so far, including a Bezerker shotgun, a combat shotgun, a outbreaker, a innoculator (if you say it's Ann I'll be mad), a sludge launcher, a vot assault rifle, and a magnum. All from tier 4 lock boxes.

Mr Mikah
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
O and a bfg

SYN BLACK XS
04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
The 2 I've stumbled across came when I had no hope of getting a Legendary, or had given up on the idea..

Both came from Tier2 lockboxes, one I had no clue I received (due to a glitch in-game) and the other was the luckiest find EVAR. I had been looking for a basic nano fragger for PvP, and got an Orange one my first attempt at a vendor.

Me-thinks dumb luck has much to do with it

Hope499
04-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Im Ego 700, and have one legendary. A grenade from a t2.

Awesome grenade, but I want a damn weapon lol. I have bought an easy 20 t4's, 30 t3's, and 50 t2's lol, only the T2 has given me one

RynnB1983
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Vault Boy i am right there with you...minus the getting pulled over part. i have opened a ton of lockboxes...mostly tier 2 and 3 with a few 4s thrown in for good measure...all i seem to get is white and green stuff...occasionally i get a purple and even a blue. i have yet to receive a orange from a lockbox. i am ego rating 760 or i think its about 800 actually, but i am thinking yes they are a myth. what i want to know is there a chance of getting any from drops from enemies or are they that much more rarer?

as i posted in another thread if they are going to make the keycodes more of an out of the way thing to acquire then maybe they should up the rate at which you can get the orange weapons. i also know that the oranges are somewhat lacking or not as good in some cases as blues and purples...thats fine so long as i get to unlock my achievement sometime. hopefully we will both have more luck in the coming days? <fingers crossed>

El Horse
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
EGO 1004 here and yet to see orange. Have bought tons of lockboxes from all tiers and lucky to get a purple. Not too fussed yet as all my guns get sold/scrapped once they have maxed out the xp. Would be nice to actually see one though!

N3C70V01D
04-17-2013, 11:35 AM

It's a myth,getting a purpleish something is a treat for me in this game and i'm EGO 589...

Luomo
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
i love my orange infector ego 489 :)

Bahamut
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Oddly enough I actually got an orange flashbang grenade from a Tier 3 Lockbox. It sucks, badly, and I never use it---but I still carry it around :P

Pyth
04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Oddly enough I actually got an orange flashbang grenade from a Tier 3 Lockbox. It sucks, badly, and I never use it---but I still carry it around :P
I love Flashbangs.

How much you want for that bad boy?

lil frier
04-17-2013, 11:45 AM
Just got my first Orange today (didn't count a number of lock boxes), it's a Sawed-Off Shotgun (VOT Nano Fragger, I think).

Rex Kwon Do
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
You guys make me feel lucky as hell. I am only a level 556 but I got an Orange Assault Rifle on my first Tier 4 box which happened to be only the 3rd box I bought. And I must admit it kicks serious *** on both PVE and PVP. Sorry about your bad luck

Gabbro1000
04-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry to burst anyones bubble, if its not already been said, but I've got a few orange weapons... they ain't that special! They've got a few semi-half-decent buffs you put in the right mods. Still yet to get any of those to fit! But then, so far as 'I' have found, an orange is the same as any purple, blue or green. HONESTLY. All the stats are the same. Go to the Top Notch rep vendor. There's a green, blue and purple SAW in the inventory. Same stats, just different mod buffs.

But that's for the weapons, I'm EGO is over 1700 and still yet to get a orange grenade or shield. Obviously for the sake of having them, I want them! But I'm not expecting anything magical from them.

WrathPhoenix
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM

I take it you stabbed him and walked away immediately after, right?

RynnB1983
04-17-2013, 12:16 PM
^ this is what goes through my mind when people come to brag...now i am not a violent person by nature mind you just this is getting ridiculous now.

Fury D514
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Opened 7 boxes so far. Received 1 orange grenade launcher yesterday and was looking in my unclaimed items in Defiance Store and found a Tier 4 lockbox. From this I got an orange sawed-off shotgun. I have opened a total of 6 tier 3 and 1 tier 4 all bought with salvage and scrip, not sure where the tier 4 box came from. I have received several purple and blue weapons as well including a blue courier double shotty that fires 2 grenades.

Xx LINKON xX
04-17-2013, 03:37 PM
I think I was around 700+ when I got my first orange gun from a t3 lock box. I'm like 990 something now and I have only go two orange items out of so many lock boxes the chance of getting purple or orange is really low on all the lock boxes.

x Togath x
04-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Op don't feel bad I have bought 20+ tier 4 lock boxes and have not even gotten one purple weapon. Most of the time I only get grenades or shields with a pistol thrown in once in awhile. I too think karma is kicking in cause I used to get all te vault hunter symbols in borderlands 2.

S7YLEE
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
i got my first gold sniper at like 800 ego then sold it for 60k xD

lordchun
04-17-2013, 04:26 PM
I have an orange rhino shield I got today and that's it