PDA

View Full Version : Two questions!!

Sovereign
03-10-2013, 05:29 PM
I pre-ordered this on Steam not thinking about how everyone else usually has better bonuses. Dang. But I registered on this site with a different email than the one my Steam account is set up with. Is this going to be an issue or will Steam just be a simple launcher for the game and have nothing to do with accounts?

The second question I have is, what are the limits? So far we've only seen the different variants of weapons and small changes in damage between two of the same weapon type. Will weapons and items be items based and level/power based like in Borderlands? And let's say a higher level wants to help out some people just starting? Will he have full advantage over their enemies and be able to pretty much one-shot anything under his level?
Are there any actual "level" and ego skill levels? Or do you just get more and more powerful like in some mmos?

Bdtry
03-10-2013, 05:38 PM
There will be a code in the game for you to enter on the Trion website to link your Trion account and your Steam account.

Not a whole lot is known about the leveling system but your "Ego rating" can go up to several thousand. You can potentially max out every perk there is.

As far as I know all characters will have the same base stats and they will only be modified by what active Ego skills you have at that moment. So while it may be possible for a very high level character to just one shot earlier enemies with the right perks and headshots for instance, they will not be super overpowered.

There will also be "weapon" levels where your shotgun/sniper/assault rifle skills grow the more you use them.

They designed the game so that a skilled newbie can potentially beat a high "leveled" player.

Defy
03-10-2013, 05:43 PM
about the first question, you will have to link your trion account to steam, but you will receive the serail from steam so dont worry

Halcyon
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Steam should just use a standard MMO launcher and update through Trion's server, but don't take my word for it.

For the second question, you can group up with lesser ego level without much issues but there is a slight difference in health and damage, if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure the higher ego rating the more health you have, as I remember a developer stating that in a video. Also, it was stated it will be more difficult, but not impossible to group up with higher level group members.

Mur
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I pre-ordered this on Steam not thinking about how everyone else usually has better bonuses. Dang. But I registered on this site with a different email than the one my Steam account is set up with. Is this going to be an issue or will Steam just be a simple launcher for the game and have nothing to do with accounts?

The second question I have is, what are the limits? So far we've only seen the different variants of weapons and small changes in damage between two of the same weapon type. Will weapons and items be items based and level/power based like in Borderlands? And let's say a higher level wants to help out some people just starting? Will he have full advantage over their enemies and be able to pretty much one-shot anything under his level?
Are there any actual "level" and ego skill levels? Or do you just get more and more powerful like in some mmos?

There were six solid questions in your post.

Sovereign
03-10-2013, 07:43 PM
There were six solid questions in your post.

There are eight wasted words in your comment.
Another question would be; are there going to be in-game marketplaces for real money for things like rare weapons, vehicles, cosmetics, and attachments?

Mur
03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Another question would be; are there going to be in-game marketplaces for real money for things like rare weapons, vehicles, cosmetics, and attachments?

Five questions. What is it like being from a broken home?

Desidus
03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Five questions. What is it like being from a broken home?

I don't know why dont you tell us...

and I was going to say before this troll decided to comment... that I am amazed anyone could only have 2 questions... lol.

Rarodil
03-10-2013, 07:51 PM

Only one of those should be purchasable with real money. Pay to win is not a business model gamers should accept.