PDA

View Full Version : If I wanted to carry trash I'd be a garbageman

ANTI
04-13-2013, 09:47 AM
I'm talking to you Mr 0/13.

Gerrkyy
04-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Some people aren't as good as other.. Some need practice, some may never get there.. People that aren't that good at PVP paid the same amount as you did for the game, and you should stop bashing.. Not everyone can sit at home all day, and do nothing but play games to hone their skills.. Some people have jobs, wives, kids, a LIFE other than gaming.. They play the game to have fun, not to get bashed by skilled, but lifeless gamers.. I was the one going 0/13 at one point, but just needed practice..

Kwatos
04-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Lol ANTI, he is right man, as frustrating as it is to have dead weight, I understand both sides :)

Soapi
04-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Well said anti. Problem is, theres no ego level tiers for pvp. So you have people with maxed out skill points and weapon ranks with full legendary weapons vs noobs.

Obvious Lee
04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
one of the most arrogant things i've read today. i always find it cute when people see someone who is just god in pvp and go, he must have no life. i've topped the board myself a few games in a row here and there, and i have a very active life. i dare you to try and spin that in my direction, because if anything, i have the gamers dream life. think before you post gerrkyy, it's better that way.

Some people aren't as good as other.. Some need practice, some may never get there.. People that aren't that good at PVP paid the same amount as you did for the game, and you should stop bashing.. Not everyone can sit at home all day, and do nothing but play games to hone their skills.. Some people have jobs, wives, kids, a LIFE other than gaming.. They play the game to have fun, not to get bashed by skilled, but lifeless gamers.. I was the one going 0/13 at one point, but just needed practice..

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 04:24 PM

Well said mate - I too run around at an average of 10/1-2 using AR/sniper - and I get so ****ing furious when I see these "l33t" players trashing others, forgetting that they were once like that themselves.

It's so easy to forget - and so hard to remember... Ignorance is a bliss.

Penguin
04-13-2013, 04:29 PM
The meta for this game right now makes it hard for beginners to get in and kill. I was there too, in the beginning when I started playing I was getting 2/6 in games trying to figure out what set up works best for me but now that I have done plenty of pvp, I can definitely do a lot better.

Or that guy was an eight year old kid.

Dwane
04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Well said anti. Problem is, theres no ego level tiers for pvp. So you have people with maxed out skill points and weapon ranks with full legendary weapons vs noobs.

Cuz legendary matters...
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1910/defiance201304131845539.png

Aidan415
04-13-2013, 05:24 PM
People who use snipers in Waterfront and Observatory are the bane of my existence. Would be better of going with less players than having them take up slots.

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 05:32 PM
People who use snipers in Waterfront and Observatory are the bane of my existence. Would be better of going with less players than having them take up slots.

Why is that? I've seen quite a few snipers who had better score / kills vs death than most of the shotties on those maps.

Soapi
04-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Cuz legendary matters...
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/1910/defiance201304131845539.png

It does when you add in things like synergy mods/ego talents and everything else together.

Aidan415
04-13-2013, 05:50 PM
because it's all about having a brawl inside the main buildings which is out of the snipers range making them of no use for the team fights inside, i'd put 80% of any team losses i have down to having useless snipers on my team.

ANTI
04-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Problem is, theres no ego level tiers for pvp. While I understand the reasoning for this design, it does lead to a limp experience. The games almost every round are not determined by the proficiency of the carries but by which of the multiple feeders has fed the least. And then you get apologists on the forums who parade around excuses and logic such as skill = lifeless, and that everyone started out at the level of a down-syndrome cat walking on a keyboard. When you can go afk for a whole round and end up with a better score then the worst feeders, it affords me to opportunity to vent a little on the forums.

Huckleberry
04-14-2013, 01:54 AM

You mean like...almost every competitive game out there? If things we not the way they are, pvp would be much, much worse.

Stimulant
04-14-2013, 02:08 AM
I usually get MVP, and more often than not I carry some members of my team. However rather than get mad & talk ****, I just chalk it up to them having a bad day. Back when I played SOCOM, I used to see professional gamers go 0/8 just because they kept making wrong turns. Anybody can go negative, especially in this game, several times I've seen an enemy spawn directly in front of me and not even have a chance before I gunned them down. Sometimes a bad game just can't be helped.

Amonkira
04-14-2013, 02:09 AM
While I understand the reasoning for this design, it does lead to a limp experience. The games almost every round are not determined by the proficiency of the carries but by which of the multiple feeders has fed the least. And then you get apologists on the forums who parade around excuses and logic such as skill = lifeless, and that everyone started out at the level of a down-syndrome cat walking on a keyboard. When you can go afk for a whole round and end up with a better score then the worst feeders, it affords me to opportunity to vent a little on the forums.

So what you're saying is - you go AFK for a whole round? And dude - everyone starts out being a noob. "Even" you...

Slay
04-14-2013, 02:29 AM
Compromise: FFA

Agent T8235
04-14-2013, 02:32 AM
When I conquer this planet, and I will, I will have all my minions physically destroy the word noob and anyone who uses it

Notorious Megan
04-14-2013, 03:33 AM
When I conquer this planet, and I will, I will have all my minions physically destroy the word noob and anyone who uses it

Then they'll just have another name for noob :)

People who work hard toward specific goals generally don't like free riders or coworkers that're less competent, and it's a fact that can be apply to almost everything. Failures are frustrating. Some people are capable to take it as it is and move on, while some people take... a different path in order to release their anger. Gamers tend like to discuss it on the internet that's why the word "noob" is so popular in our culture.

Kyria
04-14-2013, 03:41 AM
This is precisely why I don't pvp. Just when I feel I get around to having a good enough handle on a game to want to explore other aspects of it and looking into pvp'ing - I am reminded of how unwelcome I'd be. I hate feeling like I am not pulling my own weight and being unfamiliar with pvp would start me off nowhere else. Thanks for saving me the humiliation, I suppose! :p

Huckleberry
04-14-2013, 03:50 AM
This is precisely why I don't pvp. Just when I feel I get around to having a good enough handle on a game to want to explore other aspects of it and looking into pvp'ing - I am reminded of how unwelcome I'd be. I hate feeling like I am not pulling my own weight and being unfamiliar with pvp would start me off nowhere else. Thanks for saving me the humiliation, I suppose! :p

This is actually one of the few "new comer" friendly pvp games out. So dont be shy. If you are new, watch your surroundings, and watch the players. See what they are doing, see whats right, whats wrong.

Learn and figure it out. If you dont mind being killed a few times, its an overall fun experience even just figuring it all out. And once you do figure it out, you should be alright.

ANTI
04-14-2013, 04:43 AM
So what you're saying is - you go AFK for a whole round? And dude - everyone starts out being a noob. "Even" you... The word "can" was used in my statement suggesting a hypothetical possibility, not the word "do." And no one is ragging on players cause they are new. A poor player and a new player are not always mutually inclusive.

One day I will recognize the futility in finding happiness thru competitive online murder sims. On that day I will meditate deeply in hopes that I may cultivate compassion for those that inadvertently contributed to the success of the opposing team in far excess to their own. That will be a good day. Until then my eyes will occasionally bleed from rage as my herculean efforts towards tactical domination are again pissed down the drain due to no fault of my own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kavWFgYUcl0 (44 second mark)

Amonkira
04-14-2013, 05:12 AM
The word "can" was used in my statement suggesting a hypothetical possibility, not the word "do." And no one is ragging on players cause they are new. A poor player and a new player are not always mutually inclusive.

One day I will recognize the futility in finding happiness thru competitive online murder sims. On that day I will meditate deeply in hopes that I may cultivate compassion for those that inadvertently contributed to the success of the opposing team in far excess to their own. That will be a good day. Until then my eyes will occasionally bleed from rage as my herculean efforts towards tactical domination are again pissed down the drain due to no fault of my own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kavWFgYUcl0

Haha tbh I know how you feel - I had alot of that rage in SWTOR... specially if you had gone through alot to capture one of the nodes... just to have some nubcake loose it simply because he was afraid of dying...

Mickey Rourke rocks!

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 06:04 AM
Because the rewards for winning are so much better than losing. . .

ANTI
04-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Because the rewards for winning are so much better than losing. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw
All the reward you'd ever need XD

Escalith
04-14-2013, 07:04 AM
And dude - everyone starts out being a noob. "Even" you...

No.

Everyone starts out as a new player, but a new player =|= noob.

The main difference between players scoring well and players performing worse is simply game perception.

It has little to do with /plays 24/7 and has no life/ but more about understanding the game mechanics and tactics beyond the basics. And people that don't understand the game mechanics are titled a noob.

Ex - If an average player charges around the corner and dies, he'll think "Okay, maybe that was a bad idea, next time I won't rush around the corner"

If a very perceptive player rushes around the corner and dies, he'll think "Okay, dangerous corner. How can I flank the people there, maybe I'll throw a grenade next time, or maybe hop around and just gun and spray pre-emptivly"

And if a noob rushes around the corner and dies, he'll probably think "Wtf, how did they kill me, next time I get them" - and dies again, same spot, same corner.

I used to think bad players are just stupid, but in reality even if they aren't as perceptive in general, they may have different talents I can't compete with, albeit they might not be game related.

But in the end, it goes back to 'They paid for the game as well, they have a right to play in PvP, in PvE, even if it makes me work harder to win the match, the co op or even beat the mission or arkfall.'

And this.. "I want to play with equally good players" is generally B/S anyway. People like to brag about their 20/0 scores, if you ALWAYS play equally good players - you can't test new things or you'll get majorly stomped + your scores would be more along the likes of 7/7. Who wants to brag with a 1:1 KDR?

So as much as a bother 'lower skilled' players might be on your team, the same bother they are on the other team. But mayhaps the other higher perceptive players go "Ok, those guys aren't as good, maybe I'll just protect them and score kills that way, so they can't feed and I can score some easy kills on those trying to abuse their weaker reaction times/setups/etc" ;)

Grimno
04-14-2013, 07:30 AM
*rages*

Noob and Newb have two different meanings!

GOOGLE THAT ****!

Wunjo
04-14-2013, 07:51 AM
While I understand the reasoning for this design, it does lead to a limp experience. The games almost every round are not determined by the proficiency of the carries but by which of the multiple feeders has fed the least. And then you get apologists on the forums who parade around excuses and logic such as skill = lifeless, and that everyone started out at the level of a down-syndrome cat walking on a keyboard. When you can go afk for a whole round and end up with a better score then the worst feeders, it affords me to opportunity to vent a little on the forums.

This is a particularly offensive post. Although, I sympathize with your frustration your choice in metaphor ruins any message you were communicating. Instead you weakened any position you might have by raising questions as to your character.

EVOKnight
04-14-2013, 08:12 AM
one of the most arrogant things i've read today. i always find it cute when people see someone who is just god in pvp and go, he must have no life. i've topped the board myself a few games in a row here and there, and i have a very active life. i dare you to try and spin that in my direction, because if anything, i have the gamers dream life. think before you post gerrkyy, it's better that way.

YOur my Hero!

Rusty
04-14-2013, 08:32 AM
While skill in PVP may have no indication of having a life or not, ego rating certainly does. Defend it how you want, all im saying is i had access to this game before it technically went live, and have tried to play every day since for at least an hour or 2. im ego rating 566? or something? if your ego rating is above 1500, and the game has only been out for not even 2 weeks, you may have a life, but you definitely have WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME. Your the person that will be first to post when servers are down, or if there are any other unforeseeable conditions keeping you from playing. If you don't even notice, like me, then its not the end of the world if you cant play the game, your probably too busy anyway.

fang1192
04-14-2013, 08:38 AM
This is a particularly offensive post. Although, I sympathize with your frustration your choice in metaphor ruins any message you were communicating. Instead you weakened any position you might have by raising questions as to your character.

>Character
>Internet

Pick one.

ANTI
04-14-2013, 08:55 AM
This is a particularly offensive post. Although, I sympathize with your frustration your choice in metaphor ruins any message you were communicating. Instead you weakened any position you might have by raising questions as to your character. Would help if you pointed to the specific metaphor which to you makes me unworthy of the gloriousness I assume to be your acceptence. If you are referring to the part where I respond to this comment-
I get so ****ing furious when I see these "l33t" players trashing others, forgetting that they were once like that themselves.
with the arguement that not that everyone started out at the level of a down-syndrome cat walking on a keyboard, then I assure you, I have nothing but love for cats, even the down-syndrome ones, whether they exist or not. This love however does reach its breaking point if that down-syndrome cat happens to be placed on my team in TDM and starts walking on its keyboard only to sh*t out a 0/13 score. Then I turn to rage posts on forums for the grand nothingness they are worth.

Imitationwater
04-14-2013, 09:03 AM
No.

Everyone starts out as a new player, but a new player =|= noob.

The main difference between players scoring well and players performing worse is simply game perception.

It has little to do with /plays 24/7 and has no life/ but more about understanding the game mechanics and tactics beyond the basics. And people that don't understand the game mechanics are titled a noob.

Ex - If an average player charges around the corner and dies, he'll think "Okay, maybe that was a bad idea, next time I won't rush around the corner"

If a very perceptive player rushes around the corner and dies, he'll think "Okay, dangerous corner. How can I flank the people there, maybe I'll throw a grenade next time, or maybe hop around and just gun and spray pre-emptivly"

And if a noob rushes around the corner and dies, he'll probably think "Wtf, how did they kill me, next time I get them" - and dies again, same spot, same corner.

I used to think bad players are just stupid, but in reality even if they aren't as perceptive in general, they may have different talents I can't compete with, albeit they might not be game related.

But in the end, it goes back to 'They paid for the game as well, they have a right to play in PvP, in PvE, even if it makes me work harder to win the match, the co op or even beat the mission or arkfall.'

And this.. "I want to play with equally good players" is generally B/S anyway. People like to brag about their 20/0 scores, if you ALWAYS play equally good players - you can't test new things or you'll get majorly stomped + your scores would be more along the likes of 7/7. Who wants to brag with a 1:1 KDR?

So as much as a bother 'lower skilled' players might be on your team, the same bother they are on the other team. But mayhaps the other higher perceptive players go "Ok, those guys aren't as good, maybe I'll just protect them and score kills that way, so they can't feed and I can score some easy kills on those trying to abuse their weaker reaction times/setups/etc" ;)

This is the best post in this thread. I wish everyone could see it this way.

nuarblack
04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzvFNLAnYNw
All the reward you'd ever need XD

ha ha I get that but you can do that without your team winning. You can have a good game and pwn your opponents and still lose as a team but it doesn't matter as the rewards are the same basically.

ANTI
04-14-2013, 11:06 AM
ha ha I get that but you can do that without your team winning. You can have a good game and pwn your opponents and still lose as a team but it doesn't matter as the rewards are the same basically. No, I understand completely. The fact that you get a reward of 1 keycode per pvp match whether you win or lose seems anti-climactic.

Delte
04-14-2013, 11:44 AM
I'm talking to you Mr 0/13.

I don't do pvp because I know I am rubbish, but this post will now make me do pvp just to wind you type of people up. No death penalty in pvp in this game so get ready to see me 0/54 or something in one match.

ANTI
04-14-2013, 11:49 AM
I don't do pvp because I know I am rubbish, but this post will now make me do pvp just to wind you type of people up. No death penalty in pvp in this game so get ready to see me 0/54 or something in one match. I see the future: it is a thousand and one Report Player Tickets with your name in it. :)

Jester
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!