PDA

View Full Version : What should a guild be about?

GamerKnight
10-30-2012, 05:46 AM
I am thinking of starting a guild, but to be honest i dont just want to collect a bunch of people together just for numbers, i might as well just join another thats already up and running.

So my question to you guys out there is what should a guild be about and focusing on?

GamerKnight
10-30-2012, 05:48 AM
Maybe an event system, events could be scheduled for the weekend, where members could get together and work as a team on a pre planned assault/instance grinding (i hate grinding) event.

GamerKnight
10-30-2012, 05:51 AM
Another idea i had was each member could have a second character, this character could be used just for the weekend guild-events. We could focus then more on planning our assaults, making sure we have characters and items that contemplate each other, rather than just running in there and getting our ***** kicked.

With this method people in the guild could still play when ever they wanted and join other guilds, but would have a character about the same level as the other members in the guild and would would be perfect for the weekend events.

What do you think?

Shadinaxx
11-01-2012, 03:30 PM
When creating a guild, it doesnt hurt to think of other guilds, and how they are focused. Part of my guild's recruitment statement includes "looking for like minded individuals". So the question really depends on what YOU want to do in the game. Do you like teaching people how to work as a team? Do you like to fight other players? Do you like to craft? Do you like to be the top guild that only recruits the top players?

Once you establish what it is that YOU like to do, the next question you should consider is "do I want to lead and maintain this direction?" Sometimes, (actually most of the time) the hassle is more work than it's worth, and your best option is to join another guild. There are many guilds out there looking at Defiance that are great, and with a wide variety of interests and focuses. Some have differant focused departments for the specific playstyles people enjoy, with ways for even a less than average player to experiance the higher end content that most of the time, only "pros" get to experiance.

Everything you have listed above as interests suggests you are a "casual hardcore" gamer, and there are guilds already established that cater to that type of gaming/interest, so the real question left, is why do you want to create this guild? Have a good name in mind? Dont know where to look? Want to be in leadership?

Look through existing guilds to get an idea of what there is already, then decide what it is that YOU want, remember, this is entertainment, not a job, it has to be something you enjoy doing, or you will burn out, fast.

mikeyDEF
11-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Any thing but becoming just a chat room with no perks. I think they should have perks and such. They did well with the Guilds in Rift so it will probley roll over to this in some manner. Oh and a guild bank right out of the gate so I dont have to hear my Guild leader cry about it for months LOL!