PDA

View Full Version : Civitas: The DRM free single player or online alternative Sim City

Bdtry
03-11-2013, 01:50 AM
So I was looking on kickstarter and came upon this one http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d

It is a new game along the lines of the new sim city. Only you can play it single player or online and it is DRM free. Plus they will have things that the other game does not.

What do you guys think?

rathb18
03-11-2013, 04:44 AM
Well you can wait a few years and have something that's half of what simcity is considering the don't have the money nor man power that MAXIS has to make a nice looking game that has tons of game mechanics and great looking graphics. I would say just buy simcity now, I don't know what everyone else is complaining about but I have not had any issues with it. Of course I don't really like the fact you have to have an internet connection to play but you can blame the social freaks for that one. Since the whole reason they have the "always online" is not only for the DRM but because the game is not really a single player game.

Defy
03-11-2013, 04:53 AM
well even if it gets funded it will be a long while until its released

I'm playing SimCity and its pretty good

Bdtry
03-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Well you can wait a few years and have something that's half of what simcity is considering the don't have the money nor man power that MAXIS has to make a nice looking game that has tons of game mechanics and great looking graphics. I would say just buy simcity now, I don't know what everyone else is complaining about but I have not had any issues with it. Of course I don't really like the fact you have to have an internet connection to play but you can blame the social freaks for that one. Since the whole reason they have the "always online" is not only for the DRM but because the game is not really a single player game.

I would blame the always online on pirates. If not for them there would be an offline mode. That is the reason that I will never buy Sim city. Plus EA has been really ***** and known to ban people for any criticism so you can never play any of your origin games again so another reason to not support them.

And the date they want to release the game is November 2013, so it is not very long at all.