PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Trinity.

nosworc
04-13-2013, 12:47 PM
Now before i get flamed for saying this please keep in mind this is only a question to see what others think.

As someone who has played mmo's for the best part of 7 years i quite enjoy the whole aspect of having the holy trinity as part of the game. For anybody that dosen't know what the holy trinity is, its when you have a certain role to play in your group.

Tank - Hold the enemies attention, keep them from hitting everyone else.
Dps - The damage dealers of the group, do as much damage as possible.
Healers - Keep everyone else alive with healing.

Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the combat of this game but at the same time all that really happens is pew pew until everything is dead. I for one would like to see classes eventually brought in and see how it plays out.

What do you guys think, do you prefer it as it is or would you like a certain role to play when playing your toon?

Daholic
04-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Now before i get flamed for saying this please keep in mind this is only a question to see what others think.

As someone who has played mmo's for the best part of 7 years i quite enjoy the whole aspect of having the holy trinity as part of the game. For anybody that dosen't know what the holy trinity is, its when you have a certain role to play in your group.

Dont get me wrong, i enjoy the combat of this game but at the same time all that really happens is pew pew until everything is dead. I for one would like to see classes eventually brought in and see how it plays out.

What do you guys think, do you prefer it as it is or would you like a certain role to play when playing your toon?

I would love that, but as many said before..this isnt that type of game.

unfortunately...

nosworc
04-13-2013, 12:57 PM
I dont see why it couldn't work, i mean we already have the healing weapons in the game. I actually went through a co op yesterday healing everyone and i felt like i was actually doing something worthwhile. It was actually pretty fun.

Live2Reap
04-13-2013, 12:58 PM

Well if you want to really look at it we already have all three, if you want to tank you pick decoy and choose your perks for survivability and longer decoy time, dps you go with overcharge or whatever else you like, and for healing just get a nicely modded BMG.

Yes I know thats not really what you meant, but I don't see actual classes being implemented into the game when all of those things can be done without needing specific classes for it.

cusman
04-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Good answer from Live2Reap