PDA

View Full Version : What about those of us without Cable?

Dagger Nightbreaker
10-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but I do not have cable. We use Netflix, hulu, ect. Will we still have the opportunity to watch the show through some other outlet?
Hopefully, Syfy and trion have thought about this certain situation.

-Dagger

Cavadus
10-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Torrents.

Would be totally dope if you could watch the show through the game's client or, even better, launcher though.

Escyos
10-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Torrents.

Would be totally dope if you could watch the show through the game's client or, even better, launcher though.

Torrents promote illegal downloading which at the moment hurts ratings and kills shows. If people have the chance to watch first hand, please do so.

That said, many shows can be downloaded from iTunes or watched on Hulu etc. Thats the reason those services are available.

crashtestgamer
10-30-2012, 06:20 PM
SyFy posts latest episodes up on there website, I don't see y they wouldn't do that with Defiance. The shows normally go up a day or two after the show airs so if you don't mind, that will be the way to go.

Fiancee
10-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Youtube or shouldnt be hard to make if they just let us download it via TW's website and watch it with mediaplayer.

Cavadus
10-31-2012, 09:43 AM
SyFy posts latest episodes up on there website, I don't see y they wouldn't do that with Defiance. The shows normally go up a day or two after the show airs so if you don't mind, that will be the way to go.

Ah, so they actually could let us stream the show through the launcher. That would obviously be the way to go IMO.

MechPilot
10-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Ah, so they actually could let us stream the show through the launcher. That would obviously be the way to go IMO.
I agree.

Personally I think its absolutely stupid to have cable nowadays. Time online trumps time Sitting in front of a TV by leaps and bounds. People don't want to be fed info they want to find it themselves. Watching the show in the launcher would be awsome. You go through the whole emotional rollercoaster then login and take it out on some Hellbugs!

timassin
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree.

Personally I think its absolutely stupid to have cable nowadays. Time online trumps time Sitting in front of a TV by leaps and bounds. People don't want to be fed info they want to find it themselves. Watching the show in the launcher would be awsome. You go through the whole emotional rollercoaster then login and take it out on some Hellbugs!

Obviously you don't watch sports or any live tv. Also streaming live sports illegal.

Dagger Nightbreaker
10-31-2012, 12:36 PM
So many responses I agree with, I won't quote them all, But thanks for all the answers, I did not realize they streamed on their website, that's great info! Also @Cavadus - I agree set it up like playstation home where we could go watch it in game or in the launcher would be awesome!

Thanks guys, can't wait for the show.