PDA

View Full Version : Need Ego Power advice please

JBo796
04-13-2013, 01:06 PM
I just leveled up Overcharge all the way and now am starting to think about the next power I want to use. Should I go with decoy, cloak or blur?

Maeson
04-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Whatever you like. I honestly started with cloak, worked my way towards overcharge, then decoy and blur because reasons.

AGuyWithNoName
04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
What kind of style do you lean towards? That's what you need to ask yourself. I went from Overcharge to Cloak due to the fact I like to do a lot of foot work and scouting before I actually make an assault on a location. Cloak allows me to do so without being noticed while also giving me the advantage of surprise attack when I do go into my attack. That's me though.

JBo796
04-13-2013, 03:57 PM
What kind of style do you lean towards? That's what you need to ask yourself. I went from Overcharge to Cloak due to the fact I like to do a lot of foot work and scouting before I actually make an assault on a location. Cloak allows me to do so without being noticed while also giving me the advantage of surprise attack when I do go into my attack. That's me though.

Honestly...I really just charge in without looking an lay everything to waste...so, I'm not sure what else would suit my play style.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Honestly...I really just charge in without looking an lay everything to waste...so, I'm not sure what else would suit my play style.

Decoy. You'll lay waste to everything much easier when its shooting at something other than you. Also makes dealing with bulwarks much easier.

Defy
04-13-2013, 04:04 PM
I agree, Decoy is pretty good

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-13-2013, 04:09 PM
I agree, Decoy is pretty good

Its also really nice for taking the fire off of you while reviving someone or deactivating/reactivating something. Its more OP than cloak IMO. Its like being cloaked without being cloaked! :p

Exes
04-13-2013, 04:11 PM
If you want something fun and bit different to most pve builds. Try blur with heavy melee and sawed-off or pump action or combat shotgun. I was running with blur and double sawn off shotguns and it's really fun. Take the intimidation perk right next to blur and then run up to a mob, melee hit and then shoot their face. You will do 75% extra dmg on point blank shots which basically one shots everything. And for the nay sayers: With double sawn off shotgun and the preparedness perk (the one that reloads your stowed weapon) I still do most damage of my group.

wrappy
04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
so once you respec your ego can you use different egos in each loadout? or do you change it across the board?

edit: ^^yes that does sound fun, blur's going to be my next ego, just to do that. :P

Exes
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
so once you respec your ego can you use different egos in each loadout? or do you change it across the board?

You change it across the board. I currently have two different powers with perks but that's cause I have enough points to take all of those.

For the pursuits it seems it counts if you unlock or max perks some time, even if you respec out of them.

wrappy
04-13-2013, 05:29 PM
now I'm more confused. :P are you saying, if you have enough points, you can have two ego powers running at the same time? or you have an option to switch ego powers, through the character screen, once you've unlocked them?

Evilution
04-13-2013, 05:40 PM
now I'm more confused. :P are you saying, if you have enough points, you can have two ego powers running at the same time? or you have an option to switch ego powers, through the character screen, once you've unlocked them?
You can unlock all 4 powers, but you can only have one in a loadout. So for instance loadout 1 has decoy, 2 cloak, 3 blur etc.
Just which we had a quick switch button for loadouts :(

wrappy
04-13-2013, 05:47 PM
ah, thank you, that's what I hoped the answer was. yes a quick switch loadout button would be great, especially since the character/map screens can take forever to load. I usually hit the cycle loadout or waypoint button way before anything ever loads up.

Evilution
04-13-2013, 05:51 PM
ah, thank you, that's what I hoped the answer was. yes a quick switch loadout button would be great, especially since the character/map screens can take forever to load. I usually hit the cycle loadout or waypoint button way before anything ever loads up.
Yeah, It wouldn't bother me if they added the map to character menu so we could have that button for a quick switch instead. After a while you get to know locations and travel becomes fairly easy.