PDA

View Full Version : PvP - no skill involved

Fiesbert
04-13-2013, 01:38 PM
The time to kill (TTK) is way too low.
Its possible to down an opponent before he can react, thats bad, very bad. It takes the reaction and thus the skill of the attacked player out of the equation, dumbing down the gameplay depth to "who sees whom first" (cloak ftw)
And thats just the biggest problem, above the obviously more powerful EGO powers (cloak/overcharge) and weapons (shotgun/grenade launcher/sniper rifle) and the necessity to grind a ****ing lot to get all the perk slots you need for PvP.
Overall I can't see myself enjoying PvP if I stand no chance against an enemy that spotted me first, despite being the better shot and if I can't win a 2vs1 against two less skilled players.
PvP wise I'd rather play Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 which are in fact comparable to defiance in the sense that there is no progression whatsoever. Heck, the Battlefield games even have more progression/unlocks than Defiance.

Kwatos
04-13-2013, 02:16 PM
The Battlefield games have more unlocks, yeah, after the entire 5 DLC's came out, they better have more unlocks.

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Its possible to down an opponent before he can react, thats bad, very bad. It takes the reaction and thus the skill of the attacked player out of the equation, dumbing down the gameplay depth to "who sees whom first" (cloak ftw)
And thats just the biggest problem, above the obviously more powerful EGO powers (cloak/overcharge) and weapons (shotgun/grenade launcher/sniper rifle) and the necessity to grind a ****ing lot to get all the perk slots you need for PvP.
Overall I can't see myself enjoying PvP if I stand no chance against an enemy that spotted me first, despite being the better shot and if I can't win a 2vs1 against two less skilled players.
PvP wise I'd rather play Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 which are in fact comparable to defiance in the sense that there is no progression whatsoever. Heck, the Battlefield games even have more progression/unlocks than Defiance.

So what your saying is, you want to be the one who spots the other one first?

Tbh I have no problem turning the tide, if ppl gets the jump on me... Roll and fast reflexes. However, I'm a sniper, which means I am in constant focus on my surroundings.

CodyCo
04-13-2013, 03:06 PM
i don't have much problems with pvp so far but tdm is just horrible i only play shadow war and if your having a problem with getting spotted first why not try using cloak defensively instead of offensively like the noobs and pop it immedietly u get shot to get away or turn the tide?

Dwane
04-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Tbh I have no problem turning the tide, if ppl gets the jump on me...

Then u dont pvp much. Or how do u "turn the tide" when 1shoted by cloaked shotguner?

Dobranoc
04-13-2013, 03:19 PM
currently I am playing around with defensive perks, shields, grenades and weapons, and the biggest thing that is helping my survival is to realize what fights I can and cannot win, you do not have to kill everyone you see, I can make sure someone does by leading them back to a group of friendlies, and finding out how to find the people you CANT see helps alot. woot woot for 5k EHP :-p

rush
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM

WRONG, I destroy the same people all the time and get hate mail. PS3 pvp servers you always see the same names. this isnt CoD with 20 million people playing

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Then u dont pvp much. Or how do u "turn the tide" when 1shoted by cloaked shotguner?

I do nothing else than pvp - shadow war primary. Not many shottynoobs there. Loads of bunnies though.

Dobranoc
04-13-2013, 03:49 PM

turn the tide by finding them before they get to close :-p (BMGs, and Bio-nades work best for me)

Dwane
04-13-2013, 03:59 PM
turn the tide by finding them before they get to close :-p (BMGs, and Bio-nades work best for me)

So ur running while spinning like helicopter with bmg? And my nade has CD, probbaly some kind of glitch.

Dwane
04-13-2013, 04:01 PM
I do nothing else than pvp - shadow war primary. Not many shottynoobs there. Loads of bunnies though.

So try both TDM maps. 1 of 5 games is barely playable without soo many cloaked shotguners 1shoting u into your face.

Dobranoc
04-13-2013, 04:08 PM
no helicopter, and no glitch, just playing heavy defense, and i randomly do shot the BMG if no friendlies are in that area of the map... guess it is just knowing how to move to avoid cloak gunners and dropping a bio-nade where you don't want people to come from.

also i just did TDM went 7/1 with a BMG only, and i died to a infector bugs chasing me down... they need to put a limit on how many can spawn...

niloc
04-13-2013, 04:13 PM
While I do the same, if I am alone at a point in shadow wars I will randomly throw out shots in the hopes of revealing a cloaker, and I have a heavy defensive build to try and survive those that open up on me, it does seem like a huge commitment to counter a single perk. There are counters and ways to deal with cloakers, but I feel the commitment it takes to counter it are much more than the commitments it takes to be an effective cloaker.

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 04:15 PM
So try both TDM maps. 1 of 5 games is barely playable without soo many cloaked shotguners 1shoting u into your face.

The TDM maps atm have barely anything to do with skilled PvP.

I am waiting for the larger maps, since I am not a fanboy of shotguns - they are too easy to use. :) however, WHEN I do the small TDM maps, I usually end up with a 3:1 k/d regardless. And that by using AR/sniper/incendiary nade. :)

Shotties are only good up close. Even so, a roll in the opposite direction quickly takes them out of commision. Also don't forget the defensive perks.

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 04:17 PM
no helicopter, and no glitch, just playing heavy defense, and i randomly do shot the BMG if no friendlies are in that area of the map... guess it is just knowing how to move to avoid cloak gunners and dropping a bio-nade where you don't want people to come from.

also i just did TDM went 7/1 with a BMG only, and i died to a infector bugs chasing me down... they need to put a limit on how many can spawn...

This csn be used as well.... Usually if I spot someone who just cloaked, I toss my incendiary and watch them unstealth as their shield burns away :)

RoganTheGypo
04-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I never been 1 shotted by a cloaked shotgunner. The PvP is changing again anyway, people are using infectors more and a lot more AR/SMG

and the time to kill comment is BS, BF3 AEK ttk at 20-30m is like 300ms defiance isnt that kind of ttk.

Learn to use the environment its third person ffs.

greatdividers
04-13-2013, 04:26 PM
gotta love the mmo kiddies who equate low ttk with no skill. how come the same people consistently get 5:1 KD's then? do they have no skill and get lucky all the time? f*** no. don't blame the game just because you can't hack it

Amonkira
04-13-2013, 04:29 PM
I never been 1 shotted by a cloaked shotgunner. The PvP is changing again anyway, people are using infectors more and a lot more AR/SMG

and the time to kill comment is BS, BF3 AEK ttk at 20-30m is like 300ms defiance isnt that kind of ttk.

Learn to use the environment its third person ffs.

Mmmmmm... I miss my AEK haha :)

Heres my bf3 profile:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/StretfordEnd1/stats/272930889/

Dobranoc
04-13-2013, 04:30 PM
While I do the same, if I am alone at a point in shadow wars I will randomly throw out shots in the hopes of revealing a cloaker, and I have a heavy defensive build to try and survive those that open up on me, it does seem like a huge commitment to counter a single perk. There are counters and ways to deal with cloakers, but I feel the commitment it takes to counter it are much more than the commitments it takes to be an effective cloaker.

well it seems that way but cloakers have to dedicate there skills for strait up damage, so its not that they just grab the ego power, they need infiltrator and shadowed strike at least, pumped up (if using sawed-off) sucker punch, and height advantage if they are feeling froggy... so 5 perks and an ego to try and make kills... but then again you can always go Grind Fragger (full auto pump shotgun...) with Bio or just use Infectors and do better with blur or overcharge and do better then a cloak gunner.

Ralifur
04-13-2013, 04:37 PM
well it seems that way but cloakers have to dedicate there skills for strait up damage, so its not that they just grab the ego power, they need infiltrator and shadowed strike at least, pumped up (if using sawed-off) sucker punch, and height advantage if they are feeling froggy... so 5 perks and an ego to try and make kills... but then again you can always go Grind Fragger (full auto pump shotgun...) with Bio or just use Infectors and do better with blur or overcharge and do better then a cloak gunner.

Only dmg talent I use with cloak is the one doing 30% on attack from cloak. Everything else is survivability and I have no problem downing my target in 2 shots with a shotty. :-)

Dobranoc
04-13-2013, 04:46 PM
what kind? the x12 shot pump is pretty nasty but take a bit more aiming then the x8 shot pump or the auto-pump? Gotta remember i dont run defense perks just for cloakers, shotgunners, infectors, but to be able to survive anything anyone can throw at me, I'm pretty sure i can take a charger to the face and still live.

Ralifur
04-13-2013, 05:08 PM
what kind? the x12 shot pump is pretty nasty but take a bit more aiming then the x8 shot pump or the auto-pump? Gotta remember i dont run defense perks just for cloakers, shotgunners, infectors, but to be able to survive anything anyone can throw at me, I'm pretty sure i can take a charger to the face and still live.

yeah Im using the heavy scattershot. I personally equip myself with 2 to switch while engaged in combat so I also have 16 bullets. sound like overkill but it saves alot of trouble. To twoshot people with it tho u still gotta get all up in their face. :-)

As for perks. I use the one that gives me 6 extra secs on cloak and the one that gives me 30% dmg from shooting while stealthed.

I can currently have 6 perks on my char due to my ego level so the last 4 are defensive ones.

3 sec of 50% less dmg taken when shield breaks.
6% less dmg taken overall
3% hp regen (This one has saved me many times)
and the one that increases ur max hp (believe its 225? Cant remember not ingame atm)

the max hp increase is not as bad as it seems. when you res people you can actually see a green bubble coming up telling you how much hp u just ressed and a person whom u ressed in pve is ressed to max hp. to judge from thiss I can see people have between 1k - 1200 (1225 maybe) hp. My guess therefore is u have 1k hp normally. :-)

PS: As to what I think about shotty/stealth then I also sorta find it silly but I personally believe as another guy wrote in another topic is that the maps favor shotties due to their size and the possibilities for cover.

I always found shotgun fun nomatter what game it is so thats why im playing it.

"Edit" Forgot to mention I currently use no mods in the shotties either. They might help as well. I just didnt bother. :-)

niloc
04-13-2013, 06:53 PM
Only dmg talent I use with cloak is the one doing 30% on attack from cloak. Everything else is survivability and I have no problem downing my target in 2 shots with a shotty. :-)

That's just it, you don't need the damage perks with cloak+shotgun to still be able to 2-3 shot people because you get to open point blank range and catch the person. Meanwhile you have to commit 4-5 perks to be able to prevent yourself from being able to be easily 2-3 shot. Cloak also reduces the cooldown with more points, no other ego power does that. That means you can have cloak up way more often than others can have their ego powers up. Combined with the cooldown reduction I think it is around a 30 second cooldown. IMO it needs a rework, but that doesn't mean there aren't counters and way to deal with it.

Ralifur
04-13-2013, 07:24 PM
That's just it, you don't need the damage perks with cloak+shotgun to still be able to 2-3 shot people because you get to open point blank range and catch the person. Meanwhile you have to commit 4-5 perks to be able to prevent yourself from being able to be easily 2-3 shot. Cloak also reduces the cooldown with more points, no other ego power does that. That means you can have cloak up way more often than others can have their ego powers up. Combined with the cooldown reduction I think it is around a 30 second cooldown. IMO it needs a rework, but that doesn't mean there aren't counters and way to deal with it.

You can actually do the same thing with the fastfire SMGs tho.

I also tried with a legendary wolverine pistol where I actually oneshotted several guys (or 4 shotted as it fires 4 shots)

My bigger beef is the use of lmg and ar tho. Pretty much everyone and their momma wants to use an ar as their "main" weapon but right now they feel sorta weak unless ur sitting down in a crouch waiting for a guy to come around a corner which he never will cause hes in stealth and instead will appear right next to you.

Ar and lmg still absolutely amazing in PvE tho

niloc
04-13-2013, 08:10 PM
I should have phrased it better I suppose, but cloak+almost anything, doesn't really need the damage perks, shotgun just happens to be by far the most popular combo. The element of surprise is a huge thing and that in itself will win skilled players the large majority of fights because either they start off with the advantage, or the other player does not know how to react to being opened up on that way.

shotgunEX
04-14-2013, 01:33 AM
I disagree, ive taken cloaked shotguns to the back, overcharge turn around then 1 shot them. (Their shot didn't kill me obv.) and this all happened in less than 3 seconds. (Obv estimate but it was immediate reaction) you probably just suk honesty.

Mindset
04-14-2013, 01:38 AM
I disagree, ive taken cloaked shotguns to the back, overcharge turn around then 1 shot them. (Their shot didn't kill me obv.) and this all happened in less than 3 seconds. (Obv estimate but it was immediate reaction) you probably just suk honesty.

or you're mentally handicapped.

Phenomenal TJ
04-14-2013, 01:55 AM

So, you complain about not being able to react, and yet praise Battlefield by saying you'd rather play that? Have you played Battlefield 3? If so, when's the last time you were actually able to react to someone bearing down on you with gunfire? Or more to point, when's the last time you were able to react AND get the kill in BF3 when the other person had the jump on you.

Not sure which shooters you're playing, but very rarely are you able to end up getting the kill when the other person has obviously gotten the drop on you (which is what you're complaining about). Not to mention you're whining about not being able to win 2V1's.

But, of course you're the better shot and should be able to turn and kill an entire team with one shot, because the game should automatically diagnose that you're a God among men when it comes to shooters.

EnabrimGFC
04-14-2013, 04:28 PM

You must be horrible because I've done everything you said you can't.
p.s. Shotguns suck at range.

Fiesbert
04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
So, you complain about not being able to react, and yet praise Battlefield by saying you'd rather play that? Have you played Battlefield 3? If so, when's the last time you were actually able to react to someone bearing down on you with gunfire? Or more to point, when's the last time you were able to react AND get the kill in BF3 when the other person had the jump on you.

Rarely, Battlefield 3 is a sad devolution in that regard. Though one can still diminish the silly TTK by reading the Battlefield properly, moving through the Battlefield in a smart way and teamplay.
In other words despite BF3 having a similar redicolous low TTK its still better balanced, in addition it offers a lot more room for teamplay/tactics, it looks way way way better, has destruction, vehicles, the second best sound engine in gaming (being second to Bad Company 2).

Not sure which shooters you're playing, but very rarely are you able to end up getting the kill when the other person has obviously gotten the drop on you (which is what you're complaining about). Not to mention you're whining about not being able to win 2V1's.

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike source
Return to castle Wolfenstein
Unreal Tournament
Quake
Warsow
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield 1942
Section 8
Firefall

Maybe its an age thing. There have been shooters out way before Call of Duty Modern Warfare (1) ;)

But, of course you're the better shot and should be able to turn and kill an entire team with one shot, because the game should automatically diagnose that you're a God among men when it comes to shooters.

Actually I am a god among man ;)
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Fiesbert/
http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/fiesbertt
I won't bother explaining those stats to you but I'm among the top 10% of all PC gamers in both games. So 90% of all players are worse than me. A balanced game reflects that superiority, Defiance doesn't.

Amonkira
04-15-2013, 12:46 AM
Rarely, Battlefield 3 is a sad devolution in that regard. Though one can still diminish the silly TTK by reading the Battlefield properly, moving through the Battlefield in a smart way and teamplay.
In other words despite BF3 having a similar redicolous low TTK its still better balanced, in addition it offers a lot more room for teamplay/tactics, it looks way way way better, has destruction, vehicles, the second best sound engine in gaming (being second to Bad Company 2).

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike source
Return to castle Wolfenstein
Unreal Tournament
Quake
Warsow
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield 1942
Section 8
Firefall

Maybe its an age thing. There have been shooters out way before Call of Duty Modern Warfare (1) ;)

Actually I am a god among man ;)
http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/stats/pc/Fiesbert/
http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/fiesbertt
I won't bother explaining those stats to you but I'm among the top 10% of all PC gamers in both games. So 90% of all players are worse than me. A balanced game reflects that superiority, Defiance doesn't.

Mate - if you are a God among man - then I must be THE GOD among Gods*...

I see your bf3 profile and raise you with mine...

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/StretfordEnd1

Also, seeing that your apparently spending most of your time in BF3 in vehicles.. And when you finally use weapons, you use the known-by-man easymode M16A3..

I salute you...no really...I do...

Oh shi... I just saw - yes - you ARE among the top 10% in a few kategories:

K/D ratio (top 7%)
MVP ribbons (top 8%)
Objective pr min (top 9%)

And.......that's it! Really? You brag about being in top 10 of ALL PC GAMERS? Errr...

Now..lets see mine...- HECK - Im in top 0% in these:

Ranking score
Score
Avenger kills
Savior kills
Rounds played
MVP Ribbons

In top 1% in these:

Skill
Vehicles destroyed

In top 2% in these:

Kill / Death ratio
Win / Loss ratio
Score per minute

Oh well..I think I've proven my point.. don't behave like a God, if you're merely a mortal...

Now - this post is NOT about bragging - it is about telling you to get down from that self-made piedestal of yours before you hurt yourself. :)

*self-irony can occur

Gengar
04-15-2013, 01:43 AM
For TDM all it is is Shotguns and Cloaks. Which isn't bad, I like it.
I usually use a sawn off (which one hits most people) if it doesn't one hit, I switch to my secondary (which is a combat shotgun) and finish the job. I usually stay around +4 K/D in Tdm.

Shadow Run however, I usually sit back and snipe. Or run people over.... >:)

Honved
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Mate - if you are a God among man - then I must be THE GOD among Gods...

Also, seeing that your apparently spending most of your time in BF3 in vehicles.. And when you finally use weapons, you use the known-by-man easymode M16A3..

I salute you...no really...I do...

K/D ratio (top 7%)
MVP ribbons (top 8%)

And.......that's it! Really? You brag about being in top 10 of ALL PC GAMERS? Errr...

Ranking score
Score
Avenger kills
Savior kills
Rounds played
MVP Ribbons

In top 1% in these:

Skill
Vehicles destroyed

In top 2% in these:

Kill / Death ratio
Win / Loss ratio
Score per minute

Oh well..I think I've proven my point.. don't behave like a God, if you're merely mortal...

I rofled hard on this. I enjoy being a mortal.... Makes things more interesting! XD

BetaChapel
04-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Usually having games with fast TTK are games that require a LOT of skill.

This game has no skill involved for other reasons.
Such as Auto locking weapons and b-hopping. Also, borderlands didnt have pvp so far because they knew with all the crazy guns there is no balance. What did Defaince do? Let people use auto lobbers that do so much AOE you have no chance using a gun that requires 'aim' to counter them.
They make a lot of guns have no appeal to use in PVP because they are only handicapping themselves to get kills when there are guns that get kills WAYY easier.
I like shadow wars, but its not a real competitive mode. Take it for what it is.

Galdoblame
04-15-2013, 10:44 AM

LOL

LOL

WWWWWWWWW

lolOLOLOL

this is ****IN BS.

go replay your battlefield. you didn't played enough this game to understand how much skill it DOES require. It's like unreal,halo....not that battlefield realism crap. It's not a war simulation : it's a game.

the ttk is low,and that why you need skill : kill the most people before you die. Killing a dude is for beginner...won a 1 v 5 when your smg is out of ammo,and you only have melee,cloak,snipe and grenade on. That what i mean by skill (btw,they was using a nube tube ,3 shooty and a lmg...yea,i killed the noob tube first :P)

i don't want my psot to be rude. In fact,i laughted as hell.

Xboxer
04-15-2013, 10:55 AM
By having perks that make you take less damage from the back and giving you more HP? I never get one shot anymore. Then while they reload, I kick their ***.

Amonkira
04-15-2013, 12:03 PM
I rofled hard on this. I enjoy being a mortal.... Makes things more interesting! XD

I do too enjoy being a mortal ;) as you say - it makes things alot more interesting. :)

Emo Panther
04-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Your not worse off then your opponent if they have more perk slots. A good player can still manage to take them down. All the perks do is make you a little more difficult to kill or some such other nonsense. As for you not standing a chance against 2 "Less skilled players" despite being a better shot, your clearly overselling yourself. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome. You'll find a way to beat them if you apply yourself. I've seen a guy with an Ego of 600 Take out 3 guys by himself at the same time with an AR and BMG.

Fiesbert
04-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Mate - if you are a God among man - then I must be THE GOD among Gods*...

Nope, 32% of my playtime is spend in vehicles. Thats the USP of Battlefield: vehicles. Whats wrong with that? o.O

K/D ratio (top 7%)
MVP ribbons (top 8%)

Any stats that increase by playtime are meaningless for measuring the skill of a player. They rather state how much time someone spend on a game. Since you spend 4,6 times more hours on Battlefield 3 than me, all those stats become meaningless like:

Ranking score
Score
Avenger kills
Savior kills
Rounds played
MVP Ribbons

Even if you'd divide those by playtime you won't get a meaningful value, since Battlefield can be played in a vareity of ways which greatly changes the amount of kills, deaths, score etc.. Since Battlefield 3 is a team based game one has just so much influence on the outcome of a round or in other words winn/loss ratio is almost useless as well.

Most meaningful values to measure the skill of a player are:

Skill
K/D ratio
MVP ribbons / whole rounds played

We both are in the top 10 with those values but you are among the top 1 % in skill and k/d ratio. Assuming you are playing as much solo as I do and without any scripts/3rd party software as I do you are indeed the better player.
In case you do play solo and legitimate kudos to you sir!
I assume where my stats are is as high as one can get solo but off course I may be wrong.
Did you play Bad Company 2 by any chance? In my opinion it offers more room for skill than BF3, I'd much like to compare our stats there as well.

To get back to topic: do you consider Defiance to be a balanced game that rewards skilled play? I don't.

Fiesbert
04-16-2013, 12:47 AM
LOL

LOL

WWWWWWWWW

lolOLOLOL

this is ****IN BS.

go replay your battlefield. you didn't played enough this game to understand how much skill it DOES require. It's like unreal,halo....not that battlefield realism crap. It's not a war simulation : it's a game.

the ttk is low,and that why you need skill : kill the most people before you die. Killing a dude is for beginner...won a 1 v 5 when your smg is out of ammo,and you only have melee,cloak,snipe and grenade on. That what i mean by skill (btw,they was using a nube tube ,3 shooty and a lmg...yea,i killed the noob tube first :P)

i don't want my psot to be rude. In fact,i laughted as hell.

You insult UT by comparing it to this game. UT does require a lot of skill due to its high time to kill. If you fight another player in UT you can't just shoot him down before he reacts, you'll need to fight better than him for seconds before you get your kill. That requires skill, not kills below reaction time.

Honved
04-16-2013, 06:12 AM
You insult UT by comparing it to this game. UT does require a lot of skill due to its high time to kill. If you fight another player in UT you can't just shoot him down before he reacts, you'll need to fight better than him for seconds before you get your kill. That requires skill, not kills below reaction time.

Dude relax, this is a forum not a ****, don't take it so hard.

RoG Goat
04-16-2013, 06:36 AM
You cannot compare a FPS game to a TPS game.
If you don't like the PvP why are you playing it?

MosesOfWar
04-16-2013, 09:18 AM

Wait what? You want to be able to win a 2vs1? What? How can you even claim that losing a 2vs1 battle is unfair to you?

Commander Cool
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Honestly... I'd say this games PvP is like a mix of Call of Duty and Halo. I say Call of Duty because of the fact you can die so quick.. as you said before you can even react... call this "Realistic". Then there's the futuristic and skill side like Halo. Meh.

CowboyHatValor
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
If you turn a corner to someone with a shotgun leveled at your belly, the only thing 'skill' can do is help me clench that 15% chance of survival.

The game would benefit from a more open map, I think.

Galdoblame
04-17-2013, 02:00 PM

Wrong. I 1 ht everyone with my rocket (tri charge spiral), i 1 shoot with a flak canon at melee range,i 1 shoot with my shield gun,1 1 shoot with my snipe gun....want more explaination? Oh,and i 1 shoot you when i shoot with a flak secondary or my rocket to throw you away from the map.

it,s ****in low time to kill. play ffa on 10 players(with GOOD player) and a game end before 3 min.on 20-25 frag

in fact,UT is more fast paced than this game. You jump more,faster,bunny hopping is more effective,more open area.

Sdric
04-17-2013, 11:43 PM
1.) BF3 doesn't involve any skill, BF BC2's skill requirements are disputable. If you want a Battlefield game as an example take BF2 or 1942.

2.) While I agree that Shotguns and Granade launchers give bad players a great boost superior map awareness and strategic movement still shows who's a good player and who is not.

=> I DO appreciate a shotgun nerf, though - I'ld like to actually use a SMG or assault rifle in "competitive" PvP.

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 12:20 AM

I agree mate...there is NO weapon balancing of any kind, it's mostly ALL shotguns as there is no aim assist and using an assault rifle is ****ing ridiculous as you can't hit for **** when people are jumping around, or in cloak which is impossible to see (and you're right in saying Cloak is overpowered if you see someone and you're in cloak you have already got the kill), 2 vs 1 encounters are impossible to win as bullet damage is pathetic and aiming is ridiculous, and again there is no aim assist so shotguns are a must...but if you have no shotgun you are most likely screwed or if you an inferior shotgun due to ridiculous in-balancing (mods weapon types orange purple etc). Perk slots are another thing, someone just starting out has 1 perk slot someone who has an EGO of over a thousand has 6! Also outfits and colours of players are ridiculous as a lot of the time you don't know who is a friendly or an enemy apart from the health bar and mini map. It's mostly dumb luck a lot of the kills you get, there is skill involved but barely any. If you get shot first and you are getting chased, unless you have cover and the ability to whack on cloak you stand very little chance or retaliation.

If the game followed a more Crysis style MP then it would be solid! That would mean ledge grabbing, being able to use all EGO powers with a click of a button for example: Sprinting will put blur on when available, LB activates cloak, overcharge RB remapping the grenade to double tap"Y" like in Crysis, and decoy to a D-Pad button or something, and even give the option to remap the layout to our liking. General balancing by getting rid of the ridiculous "what you earn in PvE you can use in PvP" system (it's atrocious), and simply remove some of the unnecessary HUD I really don't need to see how much scrip I have, or the Quick chat menu, and make the mini map small in proportion it takes up way too much of the screen. Have it more streamlined so it's more Gears Of war or something, and better optimized gameplay for PvP with aim assist and all of the above etc.

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Wait what? You want to be able to win a 2vs1? What? How can you even claim that losing a 2vs1 battle is unfair to you?
Because there is no skill involved...meaning a more skilled player can not kill 2 people at once where as a game where there is much skill involved if good enough would be able too...

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 12:37 AM
You cannot compare a FPS game to a TPS game.
If you don't like the PvP why are you playing it?
Not playing the PvP isn't a solution...he clearly likes the PvP or at least the game enough to complain about how bad it is technically (which in every way is true). The PvP needs sorting out and I like the game and so does he but the PvP is a problem.

Sarin
04-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Because there is no skill involved...meaning a more skilled player can not kill 2 people at once where as a game where there is much skill involved if good enough would be able too...

Ah right, so you mean that every 2v1 you've ever been in was just against people less skilled than you and it was just a numbers game? Lol, come off it.

Oh and, it's entirely possible to win a 2v1, use cover, use nades, roll, jump and land headshots.

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 12:59 AM
"land headshots" happened to no body ever....the PvP has NO aim assist and using an assault rifle is like blowing bubbles at a ****ing child, you cant even HIT THEM!!! I'm not bad at PVP in the slightest, if there was any form of stats I would be in the 2.5/3 K/D department (not that means jack all but mate you're not listening)...come off what? What does that first bit even mean, I was giving an example of a game where if a good player went head to head against 2 others and he was good enough he would be able to kill them...in Defiance there is barely any skill involved in the actual shooting element and it's shotgun vs Shotgun 90% of the time, and its who ever is able to shoot the other guy whilst bouncing around like a sad act (I jump but that's because it's there to do, but the point is it's too hard to aim), so if there is 2 others against one, you're all gone be jumping around and even if you land the kill shot on 1 of the guys you are already dead...You get me now?

Obvious Lee
04-18-2013, 01:03 AM
i havent had any problems making kills with an assault rifle, or rolling away from boomies and launchpads. sometimes i do good, sometimes i dont. depends on the flow.

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 01:07 AM
i havent had any problems making kills with an assault rifle, or rolling away from boomies and launchpads. sometimes i do good, sometimes i dont. depends on the flow.

*sigh...yea I have had kills with the assault rifle but you know how hard it is to land hits right? It's not the type of game where you are likely to win a head to head against 2 because there is limited options as it's not that kind of game there is no cover system, there is limited things to run behind or do to avoid fire and aiming is ridiculous, and weapon balancing atrocious that you can't take more than 1 person on at a time.

I FibreOptic I
04-18-2013, 01:09 AM
All I'm saying is they really need to sit down and fix the PvP

Kita Rouge
04-18-2013, 01:09 AM
I'll generally do okay. That's because I'm cheap and cloak up high somewhere with a sniper rifle.
From what I've seen on my cheap bastard's perch is what looks an awful lot like a rolling clusterf*ck.
Its actually pretty funny to watch.