PDA

View Full Version : Difference between tier 3 and tier 4 lock boxes?

CarbonDibaxide
04-13-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm sure there's a difference in the chance of getting a legendary, being more likely from a tier 4. But is it even possible to get a legendary item from a tier 3? And if so, how much less likely are you to get from a tier 3 than a 4?

I'm only wondering as its clearly quite a big gap in keys required from 3-4 (24 for tier 3, 64 for tier 4) and if the chances of getting a legendary are only slightly higher then I'll happily save my keys and go for tier 3 :).

Any info would be a help, I'm not expecting exact figures and percentages :P

Live2Reap
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm sure there's a difference in the chance of getting a legendary, being more likely from a tier 4. But is it even possible to get a legendary item from a tier 3? And if so, how much less likely are you to get from a tier 3 than a 4?

I'm only wondering as its clearly quite a big gap in keys required from 3-4 (24 for tier 3, 64 for tier 4) and if the chances of getting a legendary are only slightly higher then I'll happily save my keys and go for tier 3 :).

Any info would be a help, I'm not expecting exact figures and percentages :P

Actually there is a guide with figures and percentages if you want it lmao...

otherwise to answer your question yes you can get legendaries from T3 boxes and its a better keycode to drop ratio because of the unusually large gap between 3 and 4 even though T4 boxes drop more of them the T3 boxes can be bought much more often so they yield more.

If you have any other questions though just refer to this
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?24199-The-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-For-when-your-in-the-Bay-area!&highlight=guide

Mabster
04-13-2013, 02:24 PM
You might be interested in this thread.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?20963-The-Lockbox-Data-Collection-Project&highlight=Lockbox

CarbonDibaxide
04-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info guys. If anything you'd expect the cost of each higher tier lock box to be a better deal than the last (spending more keys but cheaper per item. Not a massive expense for the final tier lol) I'll check them both now...seeing as I keep timing out at the minute -.-

EDIT: Nice EGO level btw Reap. I'm a lowly 653 :(
Granted, I have been on holiday since release ^^

Have you pretty much just got arkfalls, pvp and co -op left to keep you occupied? I've completed the main and nearly all sides and I can see me running out of things to do way before 4k+ EGO lol.

Live2Reap
04-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys. If anything you'd expect the cost of each higher tier lock box to be a better deal than the last (spending more keys but cheaper per item. Not a massive expense for the final tier lol) I'll check them both now...seeing as I keep timing out at the minute -.-

EDIT: Nice EGO level btw Reap. I'm a lowly 653 :(
Granted, I have been on holiday since release ^^

Have you pretty much just got arkfalls, pvp and co -op left to keep you occupied? I've completed the main and nearly all sides and I can see me running out of things to do way before 4k+ EGO lol.

Thanks and uhhh looking at it right now, all I have left is 3 out of the 7 co-op maps, Arkfalls but they aren't recording the kills correctly so I can't finish that and then pvp which I haven't finished any of yet and all of the combat stuff. Been mostly just trying to aquire different outfit styles lately. Working on the Snipe from the Shadows III outfit atm

Just
More
Bolt Action
Kills....
:(

CarbonDibaxide
04-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Thanks and uhhh looking at it right now, all I have left is 3 out of the 7 co-op maps, Arkfalls but they aren't recording the kills correctly so I can't finish that and then pvp which I haven't finished any of yet and all of the combat stuff. Been mostly just trying to aquire different outfit styles lately. Working on the Snipe from the Shadows III outfit atm

Just
More
Bolt Action
Kills....
:(

Well I guess there's still plenty to do. Plus I have only played one PvP match lol and have yet to even get into a shadow war :/