PDA

View Full Version : Shield Question

Griffen
04-13-2013, 04:41 PM
So I just unlocked the SF side of the map but when I go there I just get annihilated in seconds 1-2 hits kills my shield and 2-3 more and im dead. 422 ego rating curent shield is a rebel 1312 point with fire resistance. The best shield I have seen any where is only 1577 so my question is where can I get a better shield and whats the best anyone has seen point wise ?

KodiakX
04-13-2013, 04:49 PM
I, along with many others, prefer the "Respark" series of shields for general uses. While it does only have 1000 shield, the 3 second recharge delay and 40% recharge rate mean that it takes around 5 seconds to get back your full shields. This ensures that your HP regen starts as well which only happens when your shields are full. This means all you have to do is duck behind cover for a few seconds and you'll be back in action. Because of this regeneration rate and delay, I can survive a single sniper constantly sniping me without dying (since first shot kills my shields and they regen before the second shot).

I also strongly recommend trying to find a "Respark Regenerator" which makes life much easier all around. I currently use one that has 1156 Shields, 40% regen, 3s delay and +75% HP regeneration (which just increases base HP regeneration).

I should also note there's a second line of shield philosphy that involves using a very high end capacity shield (such as Rhino or Ironclad) and then using a BMG to kick start the shield regeneration instantly but I'm not a fan and like having two weapons.

Griffen
04-13-2013, 05:24 PM
so your saying shields never get any better than what you can find at the start ? this seems really wrong as npc dammage definatly ramps up as the game goes on I would expect shields to get at least a little better at higer levels

KodiakX
04-13-2013, 05:30 PM
They don't really and the amount of damage doesn't really increase that much.

Agent T8235
04-13-2013, 05:35 PM
so your saying shields never get any better than what you can find at the start ? this seems really wrong as npc dammage definatly ramps up as the game goes on I would expect shields to get at least a little better at higer levels

I agree, but the game difficulty is designed to scale with player skill

I typically stay in the northern areas, and only go to san fran for pursuits

KodiakX
04-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Yea I mean honestly there's like NO reason to go to San Fran at all outside of the main story, pursuits and major arkfalls. Dark Matter is a pain in the *** to fight no matter what setup you have. Even as a Sniper you get counter sniped by dudes with rifles and pin point accuracy at full range lol...

The events that are down there are the same value XP wise as the ones up north and even then there's zero events that grant key fragments unlike up north. Now that I'm 1635 I pretty much spend my time doing major arkfalls and then driving around in circles tagging credit on events with my car (since you get full credit whether or not you ran 1 thing over or do the whole event) and let some other shmuck do the event for me. Earlier I drove around for about an hour just clipping events and then took a nap for a few hours and came back to me leveling because of other people finishing them up.

Get a respark, finish the area, and then basically never go back.

Diggot
04-13-2013, 06:02 PM
HUGE SPOILER QUIT READING IF YOU HAVENT REACHED SAN-FRAN !!!

The reason why you're dying when entering the San-fran area is because right at the end of the bridge,
you have 3 snipers on each side, and about 16 dudes with AR's all aiming at you and your vehicle...
I came running down there full speed at my first time, my Dodge was instantly blown up, and i was next...

When you cross the bridge, take a sniper and do it by the numbers, is my best tip.

Insanityplea
04-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I drove right past those idiots on the bridge. O_o wasnt an issue for me

Guido
04-13-2013, 08:19 PM
Never had an issue with the bridge myself either, except the one time that I had to stop at it in order to accept a side mission. When I did that, I found that the riflemen had spawned inside the building constructs and could shoot through cover. Didn't end well for me.

unlimitedloo
05-27-2013, 12:26 PM
from what i have found shields have got slightly better every couple of times i level up my highest shield is now just above 1700 higher than the rhino and it only has a 6 second recharge at charge rate of 45

Yars Revenge
05-27-2013, 10:46 PM
So I just unlocked the SF side of the map but when I go there I just get annihilated in seconds 1-2 hits kills my shield and 2-3 more and im dead. 422 ego rating curent shield is a rebel 1312 point with fire resistance. The best shield I have seen any where is only 1577 so my question is where can I get a better shield and whats the best anyone has seen point wise ?

It's not so much your shields as it is avoiding getting hit. Using cover is much more necessary against Dark Matter. They will gang up on you more than the other enemies. Add to this the fact their weapons are more deadly and they have shields of their own.

Use cover, take one or two out, and duck back while your health and shields regenerate.