PDA

View Full Version : TV Series or Game?

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:39 AM
I know Defiance is a bundle of the game and television series and I know this topic had been briefly discussed in the forums before but I am really interested in what people are most looking forward to.

Television Series or The Game

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:40 AM
For me is has to be the game but that does not mean I am not hugely excited for the TV Series.

FenK
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
While the TV show is what initially drew my attention every time I see something about the game I get more excited for it. As of right now I am most looking forward to the game I can't wait to get my hands on it. I already can tell it will take up all of my free time.

Escyos
06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
TV show initially, but the game looks interesting as well.

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM
TV show initially, but the game looks interesting as well.

It seems lots of people were drawn in by both sides of this collaboration. It seems there is very high expectations on either end. And Escyos, I just noticed your head inside the Hellbug in your Avatar. Ahaha!

Escyos
02-11-2013, 05:11 AM
Bumping this thread.

I will upgrade my "interesting" to "frakking awesome!"

SmgUk
02-11-2013, 05:18 AM
Game first for me but if the tv show is action packed like SG1 used to be then I will enjoy that as well.

DFawkes
02-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Awesome stuff Escyos, glad to see it's not all doom and gloom :)

I think I'm more looking forward to the TV show for now, but that's just because I've not seen an episode yet. I'm like a child, I just want what I can't get yet! Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to the game too, but we've had a couple of betas now so most people looking forward to it will probably have tried the beta. Though some of those people will find that having played a little makes them want to play more.

hhkaal416
02-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Both, TV Series and Game

Fiancee
02-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Both, but really hope TW adds content and after 1 year or so this has grown as much as Rift did.

Nero012
02-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Definitely the game, not to caught up on the show yet though but willing to watch it a few times

Super_Jagerman
02-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Both though I am more interested in the Game.

Sinclair
02-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Two interest me, as much the game as puts into series her :)

D351
02-11-2013, 07:11 AM
Seen enough of the game to be excited... Only interested in the series because of the game.

Sinclair
02-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Seen enough of the game to be excited... Only interested in the series because of the game.

Let us hope that the opposite also arrives. Of new players never hurts! No?:p

Dead_Phoenix
02-11-2013, 07:36 AM
i will honistly say i am not a fan of syfy futuristicy-esc tv shows, with aliens etc. i did watch star trek, and firefly. other then that nothing really appealed to me. so the tv is not what cort my eye but the game. mmo tps on console. so i would of said game

However, i have to admit the trailers i have seen for the tv show have really peeked my interest. alot so now i wouldnt like to pick. i like down to earth futuristic shows, like firefly where altho it was set in space they used very old school tech. never really got into the whole "oh look they have fladydaddy missiles" "thats ok we will reset shields to a new frequency" "yay", reason i liked star trek (pickard all the way) was because it was the first one i properly watched (the jetsons doesnt count), from then on in it they lost it for me

Snow
02-11-2013, 11:39 AM
I would have to say both and especially how they will integrate both the stories with each other.
So basically am super excited about this.

Chaotica
02-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm honestly excited to see how Syfy and Trion manage to blend these together. If they do well, maybe we'll see more like this in the future. I imagine this crossover sets deadlines in stone for the developers, so if it's too much to stay in step with the TV show with no slippages, I imagine this kind of thing will never happen again. It could be a once in a lifetime thing, and it's rather exciting!

Chrome
02-11-2013, 12:35 PM
I'd say game, since that I'll be playing a bunch whereas the show I'll only see once a week :P

Granted, I could re-watch over and over again, but I save that for a few months down the road. Shows always tease too - give ya a handful of episodes and go on a few month break.....not cool!

Kobolt
02-11-2013, 12:36 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mes9awOdUn1rsyoif.jpg

Solid Fox18
02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
For me its the story, if theres not a good story both will be bad for me

SeroRamai
02-12-2013, 05:04 PM
The game first, then the TV series.

Now? Both, because they mentioned that the TV could affect the game.

Agonist
02-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Game first. With the amount of time I play games there is very little for TV.