PDA

View Full Version : When can we preorder?

RexxDoom
11-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Gamestop knows nothing of this game and I want to reserve mine. Would love an answer from a dev if possible. Also any preorder bonuses would be nice, too.:cool:

Kalbuir
11-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Since the exact monetization model of the game isn't announced yet I wouldn't suprised if that is why it's not on pre-order yet. Might not even come in a box. All I read was hints at a hybrid model, but even with that you can still of quite a few different ways to bring the game out. So guessing we will know when it gets a little sooner to Launch.

Personally though I am a fan of retail boxes especially for games I follow pre-release. On the other hand though the stress of getting the box in time and hunting down the post men on those days gets tiresome as well :P/

JellyBean
11-03-2012, 03:53 PM
Since the exact monetization model of the game isn't announced yet I wouldn't suprised if that is why it's not on pre-order yet. Might not even come in a box. All I read was hints at a hybrid model, but even with that you can still of quite a few different ways to bring the game out. So guessing we will know when it gets a little sooner to Launch.

Personally though I am a fan of retail boxes especially for games I follow pre-release. On the other hand though the stress of getting the box in time and hunting down the post men on those days gets tiresome as well :P/

I would also prefer physically purchasing the game rather than a free download. Initial purchase gaurantees a degree of quality and access that a free to play may not offer. I would also be preordering at a gamestop when it's available lol

dark_angel
11-03-2012, 09:12 PM
i preordered it the other day at a game stop in tennessee they had 3 pre orders for it a sd one a collecters ed and a game stop ed one

Kalbuir
11-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I would also prefer physically purchasing the game rather than a free download. Initial purchase gaurantees a degree of quality and access that a free to play may not offer. I would also be preordering at a gamestop when it's available lol

Yes and no, there are a lot of poor free to play titles, but I think TRION proves with EoN that quality can be free to play as well. And there are a few more games like that out there. However I think for consoles this would be a new thing.

RexxDoom
11-04-2012, 04:31 PM
i preordered it the other day at a game stop in tennessee they had 3 pre orders for it a sd one a collecters ed and a game stop ed one

That's cool. I live on the TN/VA border. I will have to check again.

Darktide
11-05-2012, 05:51 AM
I would love to pre order this game but living in the *** in of the world (northern ireland) I'll have to wait closer to the time. As in 4 days after it actually comes out.

Shadinaxx
11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
@Darktide: Try ordering the digital version, you will most likely be able to start the download of the retail days before release (if you are PC), otherwise, check into reputable online merchandizing stores (Walmart dropped the ball HUGE with SWTOR collector's editions, so I would stay away from Walmart)

Darktide
11-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up Shadinaxx

Cavadus
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
The game is for sale on Amazon already. Sixty bucks for XBox and PS3, fifty bucks for PC.

RexxDoom
11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Got it reserved!