PDA

View Full Version : Lack Of Visual Customization Of Personal Characters(Your Opinion?)

BJC289
03-12-2013, 12:51 PM
For a game that has a third person view, is an MMO and lastly a shooter with RPG elements, why is there only one piece and two piece body aesthetics? Even if it is a shooter, RPG's all the way back to Morrowind-Skyrim, Fallout 3 & Fallout: NV prove that first-person and third-person RPG gamers love diversity in what they can wear to look the way they want even if it is individual pieces of gear for hands legs chest head or what have you.
Whether any of that is relevant or not, the point of this thread is to point out the lack of visual customization of personal characters. I am a fan of sci-fi shooters, sci-fi shooter RPG's and a fan of this game. In no way bashing on this great game Trion Worlds has brought us. I am just a fan who has an opinion like the rest of y'all.
So I welcome and respect any feedback on this topic.

Kantazo
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I think you are going to get a lot of those pieces in the game from drops, maybe bujying them, etc

DarkKnyt29
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Yeah some people have brought this up. I personally like that it is just the outfit and head piece. I like not having to worry about every single little piece of equipment on my character. I think it goes with the whole trying to make it smooth and faster pace for gameplay. I believe there are plenty of outfits that are going to be out in the game world so there will be plenty of ways to distinguish yourself in the game world.

Asheki
03-12-2013, 12:57 PM
Well, it is an mmo, and not sain'ts row... It would become quite a problem to start hunting down gloves, helmets, boots and socks and you'd have to constantly hunt down specific mobs and the likes and grind an awful lot to get all that you want.

On the plus side, they have mentioned that there would be a LOT of outfits to wear for your character, along with pvp specific ones, ones you can get from special drops, those you can buy. I'm sure down the line there'll be enough to at least make you look as you please. So far they've shown a lot of great looking outfits.

mushinwolf
03-12-2013, 12:59 PM
I think it will be fine, with plenty of variation of gear to choose from. Who knows what they have planned in the future too.
I might add that i am both very much into how my charachter looks and easily pleased, so im happy with what ive seen and heard of the gear availiable :)

BleakPanther
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I would personally reserve judgement until release. With the amount of information we currently have, there is no way we can assume that there will be a lack of customization options. There may very well be but at this point we just don't know. Sure it may not be as in-depth as some/most rpg's but as I said before, we don't and won't know until release or Trion tells us otherwise.

EDIT: I am generally a little more than preoccupied with the aesthetics of my gear. Gotta look good while killing stuff.:cool:

BJC289
03-12-2013, 01:00 PM
I think you are going to get a lot of those pieces in the game from drops, maybe bujying them, etc
Okay first..wtf...i love your avatar LOL. Second I cant tell if you understood that what I'm saying there isn't anything, but one-piece/two-piece outfits...nothing more. no gloves, boots, chest, etc.
EDIT: My point is I would prefer there be more options. xD

Kantazo
03-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Okay first..wtf...i love your avatar LOL. Second I cant tell if you understood that what I'm saying there isn't anything, but one-piece/two-piece outfits...nothing more. no gloves, boots, chest, etc.

LOL my brain is smooshed right now after an intense search for codes, but I get you, yep two items only. I think in a way is better because you dont to worry about all the items in a regular armor breaking down, you are going to have full outfits that will be just for the looks.

Dead_Phoenix
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
EDIT: My point is I would prefer there be more options. xD

it is a far point, more is always better imho.

but for one if they want 1,000's of players on the shame shard on console. somewhere has to give. i guess this is one way to limit the stress for the consoles

BJC289
03-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I would personally reserve judgement until release. With the amount of information we currently have, there is no way we can assume that there will be a lack of customization options. There may very well be but at this point we just don't know. Sure it may not be as in-depth as some/most rpg's but as I said before, we don't and won't know until release or Trion tells us otherwise.
Yes I guess I was a little too hasty to say there is a lack of visual customization but, still..the form of one piece and two piece outfits still, to me, feels minimal. I guess they could probably implement a dye system or alternate color skin system like borderlands 2... if not already done.

Kantazo
03-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Yes I guess I was a little too hasty to say there is a lack of visual customization but, still..the form of one piece and two piece outfits still, to me, feels minimal. I guess they could probably implement a dye system or alternate color skin system like borderlands 2... if not already done.

Now you are talking my man, dyes could be awesome, in GW2 you have dyes and it really makes a difference, specially when you can dye different parts of the same piece of the outfit

Thee Apothecary
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
why do you think only outfits are customization, you have your persons face etc to change around changing features like skyrim style also guns customizable etc etc everything will be unique i doubt there will be a very unlikly chance someone is exactly like you in features etc if there is a dye system it will be under nda atm if its ingame also lots of colours in vehicles

Tzar of kaos
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
The outfits seems ok for me.but when i saw the IGN video i was disapointed to discover that we can't create a body for our caracter.No different size,weigth...We'll all get the same body caracter there is just a difference between male and female...

Aaricane
03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
it is a far point, more is always better imho.

but for one if they want 1,000's of players on the shame shard on console. somewhere has to give. i guess this is one way to limit the stress for the consolesI'd rather they limit the amount of people in a shard then to take out individual body equipment slots.

Asheki
03-12-2013, 01:13 PM
The outfits seems ok for me.but when i saw the IGN video i was disapointed to discover that we can't create a body for our caracter.No different size,weigth...We'll all get the same body caracter there is just a difference between male and female...

There's a big reason for that though. They don't allow you to change your body for the sake of everyone having the same hitboxes, so no one will be able to have an advantage over others that way.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM
why do you think only outfits are customization, you have your persons face etc to change around changing features like skyrim style also guns customizable etc etc everything will be unique i doubt there will be a very unlikly chance someone is exactly like you in features etc if there is a dye system it will be under nda atm if its ingame also lots of colours in vehicles
Re-read the original post. I'm talking about visual body gear. I know what the guns offer as far anything that has been released that doesn't break the NDA. No need to get personal saying there isn't people like me because there are plenty who prefer more freedom on personal character aesthetics.

Super_Jagerman
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
I'd rather they limit the amount of people in a shard then to take out individual body equipment slots.

And I rather have more people with less cosmetics to worry about. Not like I am looking at my character really, more the surrounding area.

Thee Apothecary
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Re-read the original post. I'm talking about visual body gear. I know what the guns offer as far anything that has been released that doesn't break the NDA. No need to get personal saying there isn't people like me because there are plenty who prefer more freedom on this topic.

guns look different once you change them i call that gear also im pretty sure you hold it all the time

BJC289
03-12-2013, 01:18 PM
guns look different once you change them i call that gear also im pretty sure you hold it all the time

Instead of going off topic once again, could you contribute an opinion that doesn't focus on anything besides body gear, A.K.A. Outfits/Armor.

Dead_Phoenix
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I'd rather they limit the amount of people in a shard then to take out individual body equipment slots.

each to their own i suppose. if you limite the shards. its only going to make the land scape look sparse and un populated. making it feel more like a sandbox solo game.

Cavadus
03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
...why is there only one piece and two piece body aesthetics?

...Morrowind-Skyrim, Fallout 3 & Fallout: NV...

Funny thing is that in all three of those titles there were only body and helmet slots... lol.

ChaosOneX
03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Instead of going off topic once again, could you contribute an opinion that doesn't focus on anything besides body gear, A.K.A. Outfits/Armor.
...Really? Well aren't you a friendly one.

Personally, I saw a bayonet on a grenade launcher. WHICH WAS AWESOME

BleakPanther
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Funny thing is that in all three of those titles there were only body and helmet slots... lol.

Well that is actually funny, if true. lol!

Tzar of kaos
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
There's a big reason for that though. They don't allow you to change your body for the sake of everyone having the same hitboxes, so no one will be able to have an advantage over others that way.

Hum! you're right...i didn't realize that,nice.

Kroesis
03-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Skyrim has boots, gloves, torso (Inc legs) and helmets, all separate.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 02:15 PM
EDIT: Elders scrolls; Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim; gloves, legs, head, feet and chest/leg combo for Skyrim but separate in the the previous two.
Fallout: has a two piece set going on, yes and should have probably left that one out.. but the point is that people who played these games want what? Tons of options for their armor. I can't say they dont have this but as far as we know, there isn't. TRION!!!! RELEASE MORE INFO!!! lol
I pray for alternate skin colors. Either way they will have room to improve later if the players want it and if they made it possible to integrate such things into the games current state, I'd hope they would. This game has A LOT of potential to go as far as giving the community what it wants imho, whether it be on the topic of gear i and others would like to see or dlc or guns others want.
Anyways, still excited for this game no matter what, haha.

Paladin
03-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Elders scrolls; Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim; gloves, legs, head, chest/leg combo, feet.
Fallout: has a two piece set going on, yes, but what is the point of this topic? Having more options..that's all. :)
I pray for alternate skin colors.

This! I want some serious color palettes going on in the armor selection menu. Then, I will feel good running a guild with matching colors. I can imagine this working good with a scrip charge.

Kroesis
03-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Elders scrolls; Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim; gloves, legs, head, feet and chest/leg combo for Skyrim but separate in the the previous two.
Fallout: has a two piece set going on, yes and should have probably left that one out.. but the point is that people who played these game want what? Tons of options for their armor. I can't say they dont have this but as far as we know, there isn't. TRION!!!! RELEASE MORE INFO!!! lol
I pray for alternate skin colors.

Note that F3 & NV as well as the elder scrolls series are single player so no real need to try to make yourself look unique. MMOs, you don't really want to look like hundreds of others so yeah more options are good, but more options mean more time for computer/console to visualize
the differences on screen, especially with many players on screen at once.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 02:43 PM
Note that F3 & NV as well as the elder scrolls series are single player so no real need to try to make yourself look unique. MMOs, you don't really want to look like hundreds of others so yeah more options are good, but more options mean more time for computer/console to visualize
the differences on screen, especially with many players on screen at once.
EDIT: Yes, they are single player games and that's another point I want to make. For an even bigger game, an MMO, why wouldn't you want be able to have your own personalized unique look? Even for a small scale battle FPS like Halo 4 you have tons of options. Of course, yet another entirely different game that does something awesome and does it good. I dont have doubts that Trion will enable individuality in more than several ways... from faces to outfits to guns, vehicles, skills etc. I guess I'm just anxious to play and find out already like everyone else lol.

Dead_Phoenix
03-12-2013, 02:52 PM
i agree with you bjc. why wouldnt they? everyone would love it. but the thing is it comes down to budget, and actualy capabilty of the system's involved. by that i mean the consoles. you couldnt run a shadow war with 128 people, is hard to load them with individual clothes, hats, and dont forget the guns.

every mod to gun affects the looks. so visually every gun is different.

i would love it, but it will add to much pressure. maybe next gen

Dekar
03-12-2013, 02:54 PM
I will put in my support that I would LOVE an early DLC be dedicated to some more customization.

DJBlaze
03-12-2013, 02:58 PM
does anyone know if you will have the ability to create a clan patchor clothing item "like WOW" to show your loyalties to your clan.

Dead_Phoenix
03-12-2013, 02:59 PM
does anyone know if you will have the ability to create a clan patchor clothing item "like WOW" to show your loyalties to your clan.

they have talked about adding stuff like that.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 03:05 PM
i agree with you bjc. why wouldnt they? everyone would love it. but the thing is it comes down to budget, and actualy capabilty of the system's involved. by that i mean the consoles. you couldnt run a shadow war with 128 people, is hard to load them with individual clothes, hats, and dont forget the guns.

every mod to gun affects the looks. so visually every gun is different.

i would love it, but it will add to much pressure. maybe next gen

EDIT:Yeah. I see what you are saying about if they had the funds to do that. Hard work is hard earned that is for sure.

Dead_Phoenix
03-12-2013, 04:02 PM
EDIT:Yeah. I see what you are saying about if they had the funds to do that. Hard work is hard earned that is for sure.

hopefully future dlc :)

Paladin_Rex
03-12-2013, 04:19 PM
I for one am rather content with the 2 piece customized look. maybe at best divide it down to chest/legs and head. Have played enough everquest/everquest 2 to know how much of a pita it becomes when you want that one look and succor a continent to get them all...

The Fallen
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
As long as I can make a hot Alien chick I'll be alright! :)

BJC289
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
I for one am rather content with the 2 piece customized look. maybe at best divide it down to chest/legs and head. Have played enough everquest/everquest 2 to know how much of a pita it becomes when you want that one look and succor a continent to get them all...
Yeah a three piece suit would probably be just right.

Aaricane
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
each to their own i suppose. if you limite the shards. its only going to make the land scape look sparse and un populated. making it feel more like a sandbox solo game.Yes but what MMO game doesn't look like an empty sandbox game outside of it's starting area & cities?