PDA

View Full Version : Chat box

ZxBlackDeathXx
04-14-2013, 08:16 AM
Is it just me that thinks alot more people should use the chat box and callouts?

GoDZooKii
04-14-2013, 08:51 AM
yes but its on a console most console players all like "pow pow me shoot good nub back off me best there ever was". in other words there too busy CoDing it up to care about talking to other ppl in a social game built for social ppl. lol

Epton
04-14-2013, 08:57 AM
It takes kinda alot of time to open chat window then type, it aint gunna happen. Im sure the pc version is easier to communicate on.

x Silxx x
04-14-2013, 09:12 AM
It takes kinda alot of time to open chat window then type, it aint gunna happen. Im sure the pc version is easier to communicate on.

Takes the same amount of time. You can plug a USB keyboard in to the Xbox and use that. Just press Enter and type.

ZxBlackDeathXx
04-14-2013, 09:12 AM
fair enough but they could buy a keyboard then all they need to do is press enter and type

Macka
04-14-2013, 09:37 AM
The chat pads work great, no one talks though, I usually try get some convo going to no avail

MrViewtiful
04-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Could use a Thank you character voice thing, and maybe a few others, like yes or no.

Ciannon
04-14-2013, 09:42 AM
Takes the same amount of time. You can plug a USB keyboard in to the Xbox and use that. Just press Enter and type.

At that point, they should just buy a whole PC and play on there.

Mike Boccher
04-14-2013, 10:03 AM
people don't talk b/c the voice chat is only usable in party chats and clans on xbox as of now, or else you'd have thousands of people talking at once

RLStroud
04-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Most people won't have a chat pad and they probably don't know you can hook a keyboard to the 360. In other cases, people have their Xbox pretty far away from where they sit to play, meaning they'd have to buy a wireless keyboard just to chat on the game.

Personally, I don't even have an open USB port on the front (used by my headset and controller), and I'm not willing to buy a wireless keyboard or chatpad for just one game.

I think the best bet is for area voice chat to be implemented, but I could see some issues when you have tons of people gathered at arkfalls or near vendors.