PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Order=Guarantee Beta? Nope

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I just spoke to a GM and wanted to make sure that I would get a Guarantee invite to Beta since I had pre-ordered the game, and even the season pass. The GM response? No! " A pre-order is not a guarantee to Beta, It only provides an opportunity to receive an invite to the Beta". What the hell!!

I wont release the name of the GM to anyone other than to a Forum admin or moderator.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 05:03 PM
I just spoke to a GM and wanted to make sure that I would get a Guarantee invite to Beta since I had pre-ordered the game, and even the season pass. The GM response? No! " A pre-order is not a guarantee to Beta, It only provides an opportunity to receive an invite to the Beta". What the hell!!

I wont release the name of the GM to anyone other than to a Forum admin or moderator.
nice i can wait to pre-order until the last minute now.

iiReLaX o
03-12-2013, 05:04 PM
A GM at a store?

But way to take information and run with it. Not everyone knows everything about Defiance. Just use the search bar/button/whatever next time and you'll find an answer.

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
A Trion GM

A s0t
03-12-2013, 05:06 PM
was it a GM at gamestop? they couldn't tell you where a xbox or ps3 section is in there own store

BleakPanther
03-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Whoooo! Let the speculation begin!

iiReLaX o
03-12-2013, 05:10 PM
A Trion GM

Tell me where you found a Trion World GM? I'm 100% positive they just don't the streets of America answering everyone's questions.

Besides I think Trion has Community Managers and they wouldn't tell you that.

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:12 PM
They send me an email, pretty simple really..

iiReLaX o
03-12-2013, 05:16 PM
They send me an email, pretty simple really..

Ok, screenshot this magical e-mail. Blur out the "GM"'s name and e-mail address.

BJC289
03-12-2013, 05:18 PM
A GM at a store?

But way to take information and run with it. Not everyone knows everything about Defiance. Just use the search bar/button/whatever next time and you'll find an answer.

Really?....He didn't say anything about a store lol. Do you know what a GM is? Game Master. He said a Trion Game Master told him this. Now if its legit then it was most likely over the internet.

Pasha
03-12-2013, 05:19 PM
I imagine if there was even a single person who didn't get into beta after pre-order - his/her whine on forums would be easily noticeable accompanied by hundred(s) speculators. Is there anything like that? No.

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:20 PM
Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I certainly understand your interest in gaining access to the Defiance Beta. At this time, it does appear the Voucher you mentioned has been applied to your account properly. Unfortunately this Voucher does not actually provide access to the Defiance Beta. However, it does provide an opportunity to receive an invite to the Defiance Beta in the future. Please keep an eye on your email account for any new emails you might be receiving from us regarding the Defiance Beta, and acceptance into the event. All necessary information for downloading the game client and installation would be provided in this email. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds!

Your reference number for this ticket is 130312-000276.

DJBlaze
rule #1- don't beleive it till a dev posts it.

A s0t
Ok, screenshot this magical e-mail. Blur out the "GM"'s name and e-mail address.

your really looking for an Ark fall code in the email? am i right

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
There is your "magical email"

Pasha
03-12-2013, 05:21 PM
What is "voucher"? Seller should provide string/code to put it into control panel and activate access to beta.

Codex
03-12-2013, 05:22 PM
You don't get the beta until the emails are sent out the week prior to the beta. This is how it has been for the last two.

You just have to wait for the email :)

DJTrig
03-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Sounds like there talking about the normal codes not the pre-order codes,could be a simple mix-up.

iiReLaX o
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
your really looking for an Ark fall code in the email? am i right

No. I wanted him to show us this "e-mail", but it was just him talking to Trion's Customer Support.

ItISLupus
03-12-2013, 05:28 PM
because it wasn't confirmed on the live stream that Preorder = beta invite. and all of the retailers and commercials TOTALLY don't specifically say guaranteed invite.

1/10 nice try

Halcyon
03-12-2013, 05:30 PM

I certainly understand your interest in gaining access to the Defiance Beta. At this time, it does appear the Voucher you mentioned has been applied to your account properly. Unfortunately this Voucher does not actually provide access to the Defiance Beta. However, it does provide an opportunity to receive an invite to the Defiance Beta in the future. Please keep an eye on your email account for any new emails you might be receiving from us regarding the Defiance Beta, and acceptance into the event. All necessary information for downloading the game client and installation would be provided in this email. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

That just means you won't get access to the beta immediately, instead you have to wait until they invite you of which they will. They can't invite you to a beta that hasn't begun.

pieofdeath123
03-12-2013, 05:31 PM

thats customer service not a GM dont listen to them about these things they are the ones who made all the rage about not getting the Charger from pre-ordering off the site

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Thank you Halcyon :)

A s0t
03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
well after you pre order the game, after the last beta your gonna be sol right?

DJBlaze
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
sledge just posted that the next beta info will be out tomorrow ( http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...-Week!!/page18 ) so we will see

Rekx
03-12-2013, 05:35 PM
If you are worried about missing out try http://www.mmorpg.com/ they have a number of defiance beta keys. I got one on the off chance my pre-order beta key doesn't come in time :)

DJBlaze
03-12-2013, 05:36 PM
If you are worried about missing out try http://www.mmorpg.com/ they have a number of defiance beta keys. I got one on the off chance my pre-order beta key doesn't come in time :)
they are only for pc if you didn't know

Myll_Erik
03-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Howdy!

Please shoot me a PM with more details and we'll get it sorted out.

If you pre-order the game, you will get in to beta. (We're even working out ways to do it since retailers aren't all behaving nicely)

If you pre-order the Ultimate Edition, you will get the season pass. Both of these incentives are 100% confirmed.

Valethar
03-12-2013, 06:18 PM
Don't listen to the GM/CSR's, they don't always know what's going on. One told another player that the pre-order Dodge was a Trion exclusive, right before Sledgehammer70 posted here that everyone gets it, regardless of retailer.

Given how long the info about pre-orders and Beta has been available, the GM should have known the answer by now.

zsadistdeath
03-12-2013, 06:24 PM
Well hopefully it works out. Was talking to Lance James(Community Manager) and he was being pretty helpful, but its been a while since he has replied, I think he fell asleep ...:)

KaosPenguin
03-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Howdy!

Please shoot me a PM with more details and we'll get it sorted out.

If you pre-order the game, you will get in to beta. (We're even working out ways to do it since retailers aren't all behaving nicely)

If you pre-order the Ultimate Edition, you will get the season pass. Both of these incentives are 100% confirmed.

Well that's a relief.

Someones gonna get in twooouuuuble...

Halcyon
03-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Well that's a relief.

Someones gonna get in twooouuuuble...

No one is going to get into trouble. You just didn't read what was stated properly, of which I have already clarified.

Cervid
03-12-2013, 06:35 PM

I did the same. I'm waiting until then to pre order to decide where from. It looks like the spore shot sucks. I'm leaning toward a cloak build with steam or wal mart weaps. Plus, maybe Steam will get more orders by then.

Valethar
03-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Well hopefully it works out. Was talking to Lance James(Community Manager) and he was being pretty helpful, but its been a while since he has replied, I think he fell asleep ...:)

He posted at 5:37 PM Pacific time. At this point, pretty much everyone who he might have been able to contact about this has gone home for the day. He'll probably have more info tomorrow at some point.

Kroesis
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
This thread delivers!

iiReLaX o
03-12-2013, 07:17 PM
This thread delivers!

What do you mean?

Sledgehammer70
03-12-2013, 07:28 PM

Everyone who pre-orders will get into the Beta, as long as they pre-order before the Beta event.

Kroesis
03-12-2013, 07:30 PM
Well hopefully that's that put to bed!

Queue the next CS related issue...... (mis-information, or mis-interpretation...)

TheOz
03-12-2013, 07:43 PM

I just did this and it said that I would not get my key until March 20th :confused:

Could that ALSO be the start of the console beta? ;)

Valethar
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
This thread delivers!

What do you mean?

It's better than Little Caeser's, because they don't? :confused:

Ambic
03-12-2013, 11:19 PM
It seems like on several occasions this week the dev team, gms, customer service, etc. are not all on the same page. Maybe it's time for a meeting to collaborate misunderstandings and reconcile communications.

KaosPenguin
03-13-2013, 01:29 AM
No one is going to get into trouble. You just didn't read what was stated properly, of which I have already clarified.

Nope, understood it just fine. I was just foolin around as usual.

zsadistdeath
03-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Organization and communication doesn't seem to be a strong suit with this organization........