PDA

View Full Version : Lag to the point of being unplayable.

Fenric
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
I noticed some weird things late last night / early AM eastern time. For example, when a Monarch would do its attack where it rears up on its hind legs and slams the ground causing a chain of explosions, the explosions just didn't seem to happen. If I stood where they should of been, I'd still take damage though.

I started noticing the same thing just now. Except it got a lot worse. To the point where mobs would completely stop moving on my screen. I would try to run around in circles until the lag ended but I would end up just taking a bunch of damage and getting knocked down by things I couldn't see.

Then just now I got kicked off the server.

Ganji
04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
looks like it might be your connection...

The Govanator
04-14-2013, 02:19 PM
its the server, one of the arkfalls I was on not long ago stalled in its last phase for a minute or 2, many people had toruble spawning vehicles and/or seeing npcs for the missions they were on. I had the vehicle issue & couldnt see vendors for a few minutes after fast traveling. finally the server kicke dme, im assuming it crashed or kicked other people also at least. I couldnt log back , kept saying the service was unavailable though my internet was working obviously as i tested while trying to connect and the same issue ont he client while google and this forum wa sloading perfectly and instantly as well as steam community updating me as friends were launching games while I was trying to get back into the game.

TenClub
04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
looks like it might be your connection...

It's not his/her connection. The game has severe lag issues today to the point of it being unplayable at times.

Oh well, I'll play XCom and GW2 today. Servers are fine during the weekdays but weekends (especially Sunday) they can get pretty bad.

Face Plant Mike
04-14-2013, 02:29 PM
I would have to agree that there is some horrible lag happening today (Sunday). I cant seem to complete any challenges or quests without having problems. Forget time trials at this point haha.

ryu4000
04-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I would have to agree that there is some horrible lag happening today (Sunday). I cant seem to complete any challenges or quests without have problems. Forget time trials at this point haha.

I was wondering what was going on been kinda slow today.Try racing and well it added more time then what the timer said.

IAMVILELENT
04-14-2013, 03:32 PM
The game is literally unplayable right now, can't finish coop w/o getting dc'ed timed out, can't complete arkfalls, can't finish a full pvp match. I had high hopes for this game, I liked the recent TV episode, but if Trion doesn't get their **** together, this game is not going to last long, sorry.

mongolianmisfit
04-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh, I thought it was just me but I ran speed-tests and my connection and ping were the same.

What in the world happened? I log in, did a quick arkfall, then a minute later every thing started rubber banding and bugging out. Ammo cases were re-appearing and disappearing. My car takes 2-3 seconds longer to respawn. I don't pick anything up until a few seconds later. NPCs were floating and rubber banding across the screen. At one point during a bug quest, as I was fighting a Monarch, my crash boomer denator grenades were suspended in mid air and did not blow up.

I have not had any issues with this game, until now.

So, what happened in past 24hrs?