PDA

View Full Version : Is there a scope mod for smgs that doesn't actually add a scope?

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Cause it's kinda useless since i'm up close then it scopes even closer so i get tunnel vision which is stupid, but it's more dumb if there isn't a scopeless mod to put in an smg slot. Anyone know?

Exes
04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Cause it's kinda useless since i'm up close then it scopes even closer so i get tunnel vision which is stupid, but it's more dumb if there isn't a scopeless mod to put in an smg slot. Anyone know?

Same with shotguns. though I believe the scatter scope for shot guns is not really a scope, I'm not sure. Regardless weapons that are meant to be used close range shouldn't actually have scope slots, just add another mod slot:/

Shiny Pidgey
No. All scope mods for all weapons add scopes. That's kind of a no-brainer.

If you're up close, don't scope in. Simple! If you really feel like you need the extra tiny bit of zoom without scoping, don't attach a scope. Also simple!

There are scopes that increase hip-fire accuracy, so if you aren't keen on long-distance fighting, slap one of those on and go spray-n'-pray with it.

Scurrin
Haven't seen one yet, it isn't in the normal mod shops at least.

I doubt one exists, so far the shotgun hip spread is the only non-zoom scope.

Zeroexit
04-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Wish they had a small scope preview in the item description, cause im tired of putting scopes on a weapon just to discover its absolutely horrendous and feeling insta-regret and being hella expensive to remove it.

discosoc
04-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Wish they had a small scope preview in the item description, cause im tired of putting scopes on a weapon just to discover its absolutely horrendous and feeling insta-regret and being hella expensive to remove it.

I agree. So many bad design decisions and oversights though, that it's not really surprising.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 12:43 PM
No. All scope mods for all weapons add scopes. That's kind of a no-brainer.

If you're up close, don't scope in. Simple! If you really feel like you need the extra tiny bit of zoom without scoping, don't attach a scope. Also simple!

There are scopes that increase hip-fire accuracy, so if you aren't keen on long-distance fighting, slap one of those on and go spray-n'-pray with it.

Yeah this is stupid, we need no scope attachments, like iron sights, there's no reason these aren't in game, like I said, for smg, it's utterly useless to have a scope, and what about the smgs that shoot more accurate when holding right click, they really don't work well with the tunnel vision scopes that all add atm. Your post really is not helpful, thanks trion for gimping smg users out of a mod slot then!

God this also means that legendary with 4 synergies will NEVER get used for smg users as you gimp yourself worse adding a scope, YAY!

/sarcasm

Dakirn
04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
IMO you only gimp yourself if you:

1. Add a scope.
2. Can't figure out how to play with a scope on an SMG.

You are giving up mobility and other things by that accuracy enhancement of the scope. If you want to aim without a scope, don't attach a scope.

The scopes only add bonuses for being in scope mode in the first place.

Would iron sights be a good addition? Maybe, I've never had an issue with scopes on my SMG.. but then again I only use it when I need to and hip fire the rest of the time.

UglyCoyote
04-14-2013, 12:49 PM
and what about the smgs that shoot more accurate when holding right click,

it s called AIMASSIST works with every weapon and of course works not with scopes... .-)

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah this is stupid, we need no scope attachments, like iron sights, there's no reason these aren't in game, like I said, for smg, it's utterly useless to have a scope, and what about the smgs that shoot more accurate when holding right click, they really don't work well with the tunnel vision scopes that all add atm. Your post really is not helpful, thanks trion for gimping smg users out of a mod slot then!

God this also means that legendary with 4 synergies will NEVER get used for smg users as you gimp yourself worse adding a scope, YAY!

/sarcasm

My post was more helpful than yours, sir, because at least I answered the question.

Iron sights are on the weapons already. A mod to add them would be redundant. I don't understand what people don't get about the idea that if you don't want a scope on a weapon, you just don't add a scope. Most of the benefits conferred by a scope aren't going to be helpful to someone who doesn't want to scope in, anyway. The accuracy boosts are all pretty tiny, and if you aren't attacking from a distance you would want to use a scope from you aren't going to need them anyway. There are scopes that increase hip-fire accuracy if you REALLY need a more accurate close-range option, and scopes that increase accuracy while moving if you need a boost while run-and-gunning. In neither of those situations is it tactically advantageous to be zoomed in in the first place, so there's no reason to be holding down the right mouse/left trigger.

The only logical complaint here is synergy mods, but even then the boost for that fourth mod is probably not going to be super game-changing, and again if you aren't using the weapons long-range, then there's no need to be zooming in anyway, so you can safely ignore your scope.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 12:52 PM
it s called AIMASSIST works with every weapon and of course works not with scopes... .-)

God, have you played with smgs before talking **** to players, it's not aim assist, there is a type of smg that specifically has a higher spread when not holding right click and has almost no spread when holding. Very rude.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 12:53 PM
My post was more helpful than yours, sir, because at least I answered the question.

Iron sights are on the weapons already. A mod to add them would be redundant. I don't understand what people don't get about the idea that if you don't want a scope on a weapon, you just don't add a scope. Most of the benefits conferred by a scope aren't going to be helpful to someone who doesn't want to scope in, anyway. The accuracy boosts are all pretty tiny, and if you aren't attacking from a distance you would want to use a scope from you aren't going to need them anyway. There are scopes that increase hip-fire accuracy if you REALLY need a more accurate close-range option, and scopes that increase accuracy while moving if you need a boost while run-and-gunning. In neither of those situations is it tactically advantageous to be zoomed in in the first place, so there's no reason to be holding down the right mouse/left trigger.

The only logical complaint here is synergy mods, but even then the boost for that fourth mod is probably not going to be super game-changing, and again if you aren't using the weapons long-range, then there's no need to be zooming in anyway, so you can safely ignore your scope.

And you are missing the point, great that people with long range guns that scopes are good for get all 4 synergies but us lowly close up users get screwed. thanks.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 12:55 PM
God, have you played with smgs before talking **** to players, it's not aim assist, there is a type of smg that specifically has a higher spread when not holding right click and has almost no spread when holding. Very rude.

Three things:

1) Whether someone has used a weapon or not has no bearing on whether they know every variety of the weapon that exists in the game.

2) All weapons do have aim assist, and all weapons in this game do have tighter spreads while zoomed.

3) As said before, if you're using a weapon that displays extreme spread while not zoomed, you are perfectly capable of not attaching a scope. Also, if you're using this sort of weapon close range, you're really missing the point of the weapon.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
And you are missing the point, great that people with long range guns that scopes are good for get all 4 synergies but us lowly close up users get screwed. thanks.

No, you don't? If you've actually read any of my posts here, you'd know that I've said several times that you can attach a scope without using it. It's not rocket science. If your weapon has extreme spread without zooming, and you want to use it without a scope, then you're not using the right sort of weapon in the first place.

Besides all of this, how often are you going to find a weapon that meets all of the criteria for this argument to hold water in the first place? It'd need to be an SMG of the specific type where you're at a significant disadvantage for hipfiring, with a synergy, with four synergy spots, with a fourth synergy bonus good enough that you care deeply about activating it, plus four synergy mods that aren't garbage, of the same synergy, plus your weapon skill is maxxed out so you don't have to stow the thing away for a long time after you max it.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:03 PM
Three things:

1) Whether someone has used a weapon or not has no bearing on whether they know every variety of the weapon that exists in the game.

2) All weapons do have aim assist, and all weapons in this game do have tighter spreads while zoomed.

3) As said before, if you're using a weapon that displays extreme spread while not zoomed, you are perfectly capable of not attaching a scope. Also, if you're using this sort of weapon close range, you're really missing the point of the weapon.

1) then don't talk ****

2) and the specific one i mentioned is a huge fluctuation between the two and even says it in the description

3) WHAT? Don't use smgs close range? WHAT? sorry if i'd prefer to not gimp myself with tunnel vision and still be able to run aim mode. Have you ever played mass effect 3 or 2? That's how it should work for smgs, that's where I fell in love with smgs, I know you can say, well this isn't the same game, but yeah the smgs feel great in this game, TILL YOU ADD THE SCOPE. it's an up close gun, like really close, and there should be no excuse that people that play up close should be gimped from a mod slot that others get. Get off your high horse please.

cfStatic
04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Shiny Pidgey: The complaint is moreso that there isn't an RDS or Reflex sight. All the scopes we have right now are just that, scopes. For medium and long range combat. They could easily include rds or reflex and not have it scope the weapon. Hell itemize them with bloom/recoil for certain weapons so they could double down on them.

Edit: and as for the SMG thing. Pick up a Pulser SMG. The bloom on that thing is ridiculous, you could engage at pretty much any distance without the need to scope whatsoever. The recoil takes a little getting used to, but the more you use the weapon, the better you get with it.

Zeroexit
04-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Using a weapon that has extreme spread from the hip......Don't use a scope... LMAO This game has no weapon progression so telling someone not to utilize a slot with potential bonus is just moronic.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:07 PM
No, you don't? If you've actually read any of my posts here, you'd know that I've said several times that you can attach a scope without using it. It's not rocket science. If your weapon has extreme spread without zooming, and you want to use it without a scope, then you're not using the right sort of weapon in the first place.

Besides all of this, how often are you going to find a weapon that meets all of the criteria for this argument to hold water in the first place? It'd need to be an SMG of the specific type where you're at a significant disadvantage for hipfiring, with a synergy, with four synergy spots, with a fourth synergy bonus good enough that you care deeply about activating it, plus four synergy mods that aren't garbage, of the same synergy, plus your weapon skill is maxxed out so you don't have to stow the thing away for a long time after you max it.

My weapon skill is maxed, I have a legendary smg that works great with aim mode, all I need are the mods and it has a good synergy, cannoneer is amazing for smgs with ALL 4, so yeah, it's possible, but the tunnel vision scoping for an up close gun is terrible. Thanks for not supporting options, i really don't understand why you are complaining that i'm asking for an OPTION. You sound like a jerk, it wouldn't hinder your play at all, i'm just asking for an option for up close play.

Or are you the type of person that's like "no don't buff things I don't play, don't give them more options so they can't be on equal footing!"?

Dakirn
04-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Using a weapon that has extreme spread from the hip......Don't use a scope... LMAO This game has no weapon progression so telling someone not to utilize a slot with potential bonus is just moronic.

You know that you can level SMG up to Skill 20 and greatly increase every aspect of SMGs, right?

I wouldn't call that no progression.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 01:11 PM
1) then don't talk ****

2) and the specific one i mentioned is a huge fluctuation between the two and even says it in the description

3) WHAT? Don't use smgs close range? WHAT? sorry if i'd prefer to not gimp myself with tunnel vision and still be able to run aim mode. Have you ever played mass effect 3 or 2? That's how it should work for smgs, that's where I fell in love with smgs, I know you can say, well this isn't the same game, but yeah the smgs feel great in this game, TILL YOU ADD THE SCOPE. it's an up close gun, like really close, and there should be no excuse that people that play up close should be gimped from a mod slot that others get. Get off your high horse please.

Despite how they are portrayed in most video games, SMGs are not strictly close range weapons. In this game, the majority of SMGs are close-range weapons and should be used as such. This means that scopes are less useful here, of course. It doesn't mean they're worthless - and for what feels like the thirtieth time, it absolutely doesn't mean you are gimped or can't use that mod slot.

That particular SMG isn't a close-range weapon. That's literally the point of the damn thing - it's a long-range SMG. If you can't see the advantages of that, just put the thing away and use any other SMG in the game. Scopes are for long-range or medium-range combat, not close-range. There's a very deliberate trade-off here. Yet again, nothing keeps you from attaching a scope to an SMG and then hipfiring with it. Aside from that one very specific example, you're not getting a significant boost from aiming vs hipfiring on an SMG. And that particular SMG benefits more from having a scope than any other, so it's silly to use it as your basis for complaining.

It's pointless (and dumb, frankly) to complain about a weapon because it doesn't work the same way as it does in another game. If you want to play Mass Effect, go play Mass Effect.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:12 PM
You know that you can level SMG up to Skill 20 and greatly increase every aspect of SMGs, right?

I wouldn't call that no progression.

Yeah and we get gimped there too! 5 of the levels add fallout damage, which is useless for an upclose gun, we know where to be to not have fallout damage. Other guns add great bonuses at all levels, adding fallout damage is way more useful for a mid-range weapon or long range if that even has fallout. I have a post about this as well.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?34957-A-plea-to-the-devs-about-smg-weapon-proficiency!&p=314276#post314276

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Despite how they are portrayed in most video games, SMGs are not strictly close range weapons. In this game, the majority of SMGs are close-range weapons and should be used as such. This means that scopes are less useful here, of course. It doesn't mean they're worthless - and for what feels like the thirtieth time, it absolutely doesn't mean you are gimped or can't use that mod slot.

That particular SMG isn't a close-range weapon. That's literally the point of the damn thing - it's a long-range SMG. If you can't see the advantages of that, just put the thing away and use any other SMG in the game. Scopes are for long-range or medium-range combat, not close-range. There's a very deliberate trade-off here. Yet again, nothing keeps you from attaching a scope to an SMG and then hipfiring with it. Aside from that one very specific example, you're not getting a significant boost from aiming vs hipfiring on an SMG. And that particular SMG benefits more from having a scope than any other, so it's silly to use it as your basis for complaining.

It's pointless (and dumb, frankly) to complain about a weapon because it doesn't work the same way as it does in another game. If you want to play Mass Effect, go play Mass Effect.

And again, I made an example, and I just knew you'd talk **** like that. Ugh, it's pointless, and no, NO SMG IS MEANT FOR LONGRANGE AS THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME FALLOUT RANGE AND THAT'S LIKE 10 METERS AWAY OR SHORTER. It's like a wall that doesn't understand how another person could play differently then them and not play the status quo of lmg and shotguns atm. But I could see shotguns having this same exact issue.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 01:17 PM
My weapon skill is maxed, I have a legendary smg that works great with aim mode, all I need are the mods and it has a good synergy, cannoneer is amazing for smgs with ALL 4, so yeah, it's possible, but the tunnel vision scoping for an up close gun is terrible. Thanks for not supporting options, i really don't understand why you are complaining that i'm asking for an OPTION. You sound like a jerk, it wouldn't hinder your play at all, i'm just asking for an option for up close play.

Or are you the type of person that's like "no don't buff things I don't play, don't give them more options so they can't be on equal footing!"?

No, here's the thing: I fully support the idea of adding scope attachments that don't act as scopes. However, you in particular are not asking for an option, you're essentially demanding one. You're also trying to argue that SMGs are gimped due to the lack of one, which isn't the case as I have pointed out over and over. Plus, you won't drop your argument that the game's single long-distance SMG is better used at short distances, and you continue to call me "rude," "moronic," "a jerk," "on a high horse," etc, and think any point you disagree with or perceive as wrong is "talking ****," despite the fact that every single one of your posts has been incredibly narrow-minded and insulting.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
no, here's the thing: I fully support the idea of adding scope attachments that don't act as scopes. However, you in particular are not asking for an option, you're essentially demanding one. You're also trying to argue that smgs are gimped due to the lack of one, which isn't the case as i have pointed out over and over. Plus, you won't drop your argument that the game's single long-distance smg is better used at short distances, and you continue to call me "rude," "moronic," "a jerk," "on a high horse," etc, despite the fact that every single one of your posts has been incredibly narrow-minded and insulting.

but it's not long distance, it has the same fallout as any other smg, it just works differently! How do you not understand???

And from my end, you're the one being narrow-minded for arguing against adding an option!

WoolySpud
04-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Ive stopped attaching scope mods altogether because it attaches a sniper scope toany weapon you put the mod on.

Using a SMG? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a BMG? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a Detonator? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using an Infector? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a Pistol? SNIPER SCOPE!

and with the "melee patch*" coming...

Using a dagger? SNIPER SCOPE!

In all Seriousness Scope attachments should be weapon appropriate. We need Iron Sight's, Red Dot Scopes, Holo Scopes, Laser Sights, What about Infrared Scopes, Scopes with enhanced night sight?

ANYTHING BUT SNIPER SCOPES ON EVERYTHING!

*(Melee Patch is sarcasm and not really a thing)

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Ive stopped attaching scope mods altogether because it attaches a sniper scope toany weapon you put the mod on.

Using a SMG? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a BMG? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a Detonator? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using an Infector? SNIPER SCOPE!
Using a Pistol? SNIPER SCOPE!

and with the "melee patch*" coming...

Using a dagger? SNIPER SCOPE!

In all Seriousness Scope attachments should be weapon appropriate. We need Iron Sight's, Red Dot Scopes, Holo Scopes, Laser Sights, What about Infrared Scopes, Scopes with enhanced night sight?

ANYTHING BUT SNIPER SCOPES ON EVERYTHING!

*(Melee Patch is sarcasm and not really a thing)

Yes! exactly! options!

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 01:26 PM
but it's not long distance, it has the same fallout as any other smg, it just works differently! How do you not understand???

And from my end, you're the one being narrow-minded for arguing against adding an option!

I didn't say it was a good long-range weapon, for one thing. There are stinkers in every weapon category. For another, scopes aren't useless in short or medium range battles either, if that's how you choose to use the thing. I successfully kill things with scoped SMGs and Shotguns all the time, and use scoped ARs from close range just as often.

Also, you literally just quoted me saying that I am for the addition of the option. What I'm against is people trying to decry an entire mod category as useless simply because they don't care for the mod's primary effect, or a weapon category as being gimped because they willingly choose to leave off a mod. If every mod category made trade-offs the same way scopes do, would you be complaining that every weapon or every mod was useless?

Also, have you tried out a variety of scopes? There are several without the tunnel-vision effect you're so against. Not every scope has the same ROV. Notably, the higher tiers of each scope type also have different scope graphics and ROVs.

Aternak
04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
You shouldn't add scopes or anything with +Accuracy at the moment, it's not working as intended. The accuracy stat is programmed like bloom, the lower the number, the more accurate the weapon is. The problem is one half of the programmers didn't get the memo and instead designed things the other way around (+accuracy on mods, wrong colors in the compare system), while one half did it the other way (-0.30 Accuracy modifier on green+ weapons).

You can easily see this by buying two identical weapons, modding one with +accuracy and noticing the crosshair getting larger on the weapon you modded.

cfStatic
04-14-2013, 01:30 PM
I didn't say it was a good long-range weapon, for one thing. There are stinkers in every weapon category. For another, scopes aren't useless in short or medium range battles either, if that's how you choose to use the thing. I successfully kill things with scoped SMGs and Shotguns all the time, and use scoped ARs from close range just as often.

Also, you literally just quoted me saying that I am for the addition of the option. What I'm against is people trying to decry an entire mod category as useless simply because they don't care for the mod's primary effect, or a weapon category as being gimped because they willingly choose to leave off a mod. If every mod category made trade-offs the same way scopes do, would you be complaining that every weapon or every mod was useless?

Also, have you tried out a variety of scopes? There are several without the tunnel-vision effect you're so against. Not every scope has the same ROV. Notably, the higher tiers of each scope type also have different scope graphics and ROVs.

Why would you put a scope on a shotgun, one that isn't the hip spread one. Even with the slug rounds, that doesn't justify an actual scope. What the hell man.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:32 PM

Hence why I asked the question in the original post to begin with, as Woolyspud stated everything seems to be a sniper scope that i've found and they all have that tunnel vision that i've seen. And others stated here that there seems to be no options other than full on scope. And yeah, if you want to be close enough to not have fallout damage, then those scopes do gimp your sight, plus the close the fov the way more you have to compensate for bloom and you make it worse with those scopes.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Why would you put a scope on a shotgun, one that isn't the hip spread one. Even with the slug rounds, that doesn't justify an actual scope. What the hell man.

I wouldn't, is the answer to this. At least not with most shotguns. Arguments could be made for scopes on the grenade-launching variety (which is also my favorite). However, it's worth trying stuff out to see what feels right and what doesn't, so I've done it. And it doesn't feel right, so I probably won't in the future, but a scoped shotgun isn't a worthless pile of garbage, either. Notably, that doesn't mean I think shotguns are worthless because they "miss out" on a synergy slot.

Shiny Pidgey
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Hence why I asked the question in the original post to begin with, as Woolyspud stated everything seems to be a sniper scope that i've found and they all have that tunnel vision that i've seen. And others stated here that there seems to be no options other than full on scope. And yeah, if you want to be close enough to not have fallout damage, then those scopes do gimp your sight, plus the close the fov the way more you have to compensate for bloom and you make it worse with those scopes.

I think there's a thread floating around with images of the various scope types, though last I saw it only had the level-one varieties. One in particular for SMGs is a very large circle with little blackspace around it that would probably be a good option. Also, you shouldn't be scoped in while target-finding anyhow, unless you're sniping. As much as I hate the term, you're better off "quickscoping" in most scenarios. Aim at the guy, zoom in, shoot until dead, unzoom.

I'm not going to keep arguing in this thread, as it's obvious neither of us is going to budge on our points, but if you haven't already, I'd suggest you go try out a variety of scopes and tactics and see if there's one you do end up liking. You never know.

Blackwolfe
04-14-2013, 01:38 PM
I only added a scope to an AR to get the pursuit for fully modding an AR :P Then I removed all mods and just put in everything (proper mods not just whites) except scope :P I hate scopes on everything except sniper rifles. Wish there were more non-scope mods for the scope slot..

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't, is the answer to this. At least not with most shotguns. Arguments could be made for scopes on the grenade-launching variety (which is also my favorite). However, it's worth trying stuff out to see what feels right and what doesn't, so I've done it. And it doesn't feel right, so I probably won't in the future, but a scoped shotgun isn't a worthless pile of garbage, either. Notably, that doesn't mean I think shotguns are worthless because they "miss out" on a synergy slot.

I'm not saying worthless cause of one synergy slot, but we would be gimped either by not adding a scope or adding one and losing the synergy, or by reducing the quality of aim mode for us, but snipers would get all bonuses. Not saying useless, just saying we're getting the short end of a stick and it's kind of unfair.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
I think there's a thread floating around with images of the various scope types, though last I saw it only had the level-one varieties. One in particular for SMGs is a very large circle with little blackspace around it that would probably be a good option. Also, you shouldn't be scoped in while target-finding anyhow, unless you're sniping. As much as I hate the term, you're better off "quickscoping" in most scenarios. Aim at the guy, zoom in, shoot until dead, unzoom.

I'm not going to keep arguing in this thread, as it's obvious neither of us is going to budge on our points, but if you haven't already, I'd suggest you go try out a variety of scopes and tactics and see if there's one you do end up liking. You never know.

Well just to add, I stated earlier, all the scopes add closer fov than no scope aiming, and the closer the fov, the more you have to compensate for bloom, which is heavy on most smgs. So adding ANY scope hurts a lot, and aiming for crit points even up close is useful so aim mode up close does have uses, but yeah tunnel vision hurts and the extra compensation adding for bloom hurts too.

Evilution
04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
I really don't like the scopes in this game except for the snipers, hope they add a different choice for a mod.

Yuki_k
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I dont want to read all the posts, so I just post my experience. There are mods for the 4th slot actually, that does not add a sight. I have a sight mod attached to my shotgun, that increases the accuracy, but does not add a sight to the weapon.

Speedstersonic
04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
I dont want to read all the posts, so I just post my experience. There are mods for the 4th slot actually, that does not add a sight. I have a sight mod attached to my shotgun, that increases the accuracy, but does not add a sight to the weapon.

Yeah, apparently this is only available for shotguns atm.

Aternak
04-14-2013, 02:02 PM
It might increase its Accuracy (stat), but you'll get a surprise if you get an identical but unmodded weapon and compare the size of their crosshair graphics. Try it out if you dare. (The one you modded will actually have a larger crosshair, i.e. increased spread).

CrimsonTear
04-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Its calleda red dot. is itrediculous to ask for that. or holographic. no tunnel vision. more accurate close range sights. even some mid range weapons need this. i desperately want one for my legendary LMG. scoping is ******ed on an lmg. i have a high ase damage so i justtapthe trigger and use it as an extremelyhigh mag mid damage sniper that shoots as fast as i want and i can cope. Butthen ill et into n arkfall and its no usable in that instance. some nstances you could suffer a scope on an SMG burltif your usedto being able to scopein. its horriblein closeencounters. then you have to pull upyour menu and switch classes. i simply wish each weapon classcouldcarry three weapons.

Resgate
04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Despite how they are portrayed in most video games, SMGs are not strictly close range weapons...

I'd like to go on record stating that this statement, in the context of Defiance, is incorrect. The SMGs in game, as in the real world, are clearly designed to be close quarters weapons. Point made, not getting into a flame war over it.

Regardless, I believe what most people are asking for (and I'm in 100% agreement) is something along the lines of a Reflex or Aim Point sight. Pretty standard for games these days and not that much to ask for really.

Ghsotrider
05-08-2013, 10:52 PM
what they need is Iron sight mod as well as scope mode

Neptonius
05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
If you want "scope" on SMG, that does not look like a sniper scope, then use the one named "Stabilization Sight".

For shut gun i think it's the "Scatter Scope" one and pistols it's named "Mobile Adjustment Scope".