PDA

View Full Version : From Community to the developers (Sledgehammer70 please help submit)

Major Nelson
04-14-2013, 12:40 PM
From the community

I have given a few PMs to you sledgehamer regarding the list of bugs,features suggestions and etc. But I know your busy and havent gotten around to it to read them. I am asking you for the help of submitting the thread in my signature (I will even post another link here) to the developers, I have tried everything in my power to get this to their attention, I will try to keep this short but i feel that if they looked at the things on the list they could really improve the game. This is from the community and I and it is ready to submit, I know not how else to get their attention so thank you for any help, it would be an honor;).

Link:http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?10888

Community and I

Major Nelson
04-14-2013, 01:13 PM
If this goes through to them and i get a response i would be so happy and this would be the best game ever (almost is :))

Defy
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm sure they read the feedbcack here, even though they cannot respond to each of them

pct3ch1
04-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Just use the in game bug report and give some details about the bugs you find in question. The report will then go right to the developer team. Least then all the bug reports will be in one place for them to look at.

I'm sure the developer team is very busy and don't have the time. To look through all the messageboard posts to find all the bug reports posted. I know your just trying to help make the game better for everyone. :cool:

I just find it a better option just to use in game bug report since it does go right to the devs.

Resvrgam
04-14-2013, 01:53 PM
I can assure you the developers do in fact read these forums and are doing their best to continually address issues and improve upon Defiance.

Since Defiance is a living product, we're not just sitting on our laurels after launch and ignoring feedback. We're gamers, too. This means many of us are right there playing alongside you and making notes of what works and what doesn't. Today's industry doesn't afford us the hubris of remaining stagnant and ignoring all concerns and constructive suggestions. We appreciate the feedback and continue to do what we can to improve the game every day we come into work.

I'm sorry that we can't answer each and every thread posting a bug, question, concern or awesome new idea individually. Again, I can assure you that we're reading these forums, tuning into the reviews and even scouring Youtube to see what people have to say about Defiance.

And now, back to work.
Happy arkhunting.

Blackwolfe
04-14-2013, 02:05 PM
One concern we have never really seen adressed though are the PC UI concerns alot of pc players are having. It's like the devs are dodging it wherever it's asked about. It's also something that has been talked about and concerns players have had since even before the first beta weekend. Long threads have been written about it as well. It would be nice to have some answers at least on what you are planning concerning it.

CommissarSCV
04-14-2013, 02:26 PM
One concern we have never really seen adressed though are the PC UI concerns alot of pc players are having. It's like the devs are dodging it wherever it's asked about. It's also something that has been talked about and concerns players have had since even before the first beta weekend. Long threads have been written about it as well. It would be nice to have some answers at least on what you are planning concerning it.

The patch specifically states things like the voice chat, and text chat being on seperate mute buttons now. The chat text will also stay up longer and not disappear when sprinting. The only other UI problems for PC I can think of are equip bugs, and your last perk unequipping. I think the voice and chat communication specifically aimed at PC users is a major step for all social complaints regarding the UI.

Defy
04-14-2013, 03:03 PM
I can assure you the developers do in fact read these forums and are doing their best to continually address issues and improve upon Defiance.

Since Defiance is a living product, we're not just sitting on our laurels after launch and ignoring feedback. We're gamers, too. This means many of us are right there playing alongside you and making notes of what works and what doesn't. Today's industry doesn't afford us the hubris of remaining stagnant and ignoring all concerns and constructive suggestions. We appreciate the feedback and continue to do what we can to improve the game every day we come into work.

I'm sorry that we can't answer each and every thread posting a bug, question, concern or awesome new idea individually. Again, I can assure you that we're reading these forums, tuning into the reviews and even scouring Youtube to see what people have to say about Defiance.

And now, back to work.
Happy arkhunting.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Major Nelson
04-14-2013, 04:50 PM

And now, back to work.
Happy arkhunting.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Chris iz stoned
04-14-2013, 06:27 PM
PLS FOR THE LOVE OF THIS GAME do ot implememnt half of the crap the OP wants that is just turning it iinto World of Whorecraft, if thats what we wanted to play then we would of gone and got that game not a open world shooter with a minor element of mmo and rpg

Daergar
04-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Many items on that list are just... plain wrong, utterly silly or wai.

Also, I find the whole "Oh, I have stalked you by flooding your inbox with my flower-scented messages and you are breaking my heart by not replying to me because I am a super-special snowflake" both adorable and horrifying. Dude, stop.

Warlander
04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
Dont listen to OP most of that is nonsense, clearly he has no concept of what this game is.

Tgreen
04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Oh boy ... clearly a xbox player. ^.-

Glenn
04-14-2013, 11:37 PM
PLS FOR THE LOVE OF THIS GAME do ot implememnt half of the crap the OP wants that is just turning it iinto World of Whorecraft, if thats what we wanted to play then we would of gone and got that game not a open world shooter with a minor element of mmo and rpg

What he said, but without the spelling errors. :P

The start of that list of suggestions is everything needed to turn this into another WoW clone.... Certainly not what "the community" wants from what I've been reading on these boards.

Why do people keep crying that they don't get god mode weapons, AKA ultra high level I will always wtfpwn you noob with my awesome items and without the need for any skill....
Personally I think the balance between high and low level items is a breath of fresh air compared to most other MMO games.

dalendria
04-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Not everyone wants all of these changes. I personally want to see you improve upon or fix the features offered at launch. I would suggest an online survey to determine what people like, don't like and want to see added.

Remag Div
04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
lol.. I thought this was going to be Major Nelson from Xbox..

Tatakai no Kami
04-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Oh boy ... clearly a xbox player. ^.-
Hey! I resemble that remark.

As to the OP, who nominated you to speak on my behalf? These requests are not from the community just you. I would not want to see them implemented. 1v1? Go play CoD or Borderlands ( Borderlands is a great game though), scaled weapon damage based on level? Again go play Borderlands.

Enepttastic
04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Could have sworn I responded to this. There is absolutely no reason for this topic to exist. The OP adds nothing new to discuss and it's merely a way to reference another one of his threads(that by OP's own admission, Sledge is/will be aware of).

I went through the entire list of requested features and honestly the majority are horrible(weapon scaling, faction war, more farming, epeen requests), some I'm apathetic about(multiple requests for cosmetic additions), already exist(tele to other players), or are being worked on(UI).

Hell, out of the 35 "features," I found I think one that was not flat out a bad idea inherently(PvP betting arena; was suggestion 24) but doubt it'd be worth the resources to implement. Some were ok in premise(AH/trading post) but probably wouldn't work in the game.

Finally, OP needs to quit claiming this is a community request. Not a single person here speaks for the majority of the community.

ndamm
04-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Its a fault on his side not mentioning that its not all of the community, but more the less his thread is made by a part of the community, so those ideas are just as important as yours.

primalwolf
04-15-2013, 08:42 AM
dont worry I already stated to the OP that using the word 'community' was too wide spread and that he certainly did not speak for me, I even broke down into detail as to how a specific suggestion was absolute ludicris.
He has said he will from now on say "some of the community".
Id prefer the suggestions were burned, but its a step forward and I do repsect everyones oppinions, I just dont agree with them, lol

ironhands
04-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Or use "myself and 3 others".

Calling out devs/sledge in a topic is generally a no-no - sledge has even posted a message saying NOT to call him out.

Some of the points would be a nice addition, but it really seems like the list assumes that the devs didn't already think of some of these features at some point.

I'd like to see more difficult bosses, rare spawn mobs, larger raid style instances, and perhaps a co-op difficulty slider, but I also know that there's no reason to think that these aren't already on the to-do list, considering we're only at what, the 2 week mark?

But PETS!?!??!?!?

Kerry
04-15-2013, 09:34 AM
The reason the OP is using the claim that this list represents the "community" is simple, if his list is supported by the community then it would warrant a response, which he managed to illicit.

And now, back to work.
Happy arkhunting.

To his pleasure I might add.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I just hope the developers are smart enough to be able to identify and resist the manipulation.

Multigun
04-15-2013, 09:41 AM
As much as I appreciate your passion OP, I do not support many of your "suggestions" and greatly hope the devs don't truly see you as the voice of the community as you are certaintly not mine. -Infinity points for coming off as that way, but I do respect your right to your opinion.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
The reason the OP is using the claim that this list represents the "community" is simple, if his list is supported by the community then it would warrant a response, which he managed to illicit.

To his pleasure I might add.

I just hope the developers are smart enough to be able to identify and resist the manipulation.

I'm sure they are. The read the posts pretty regularly, and summarily dismiss the ones they need to. Just because they've read a post, doesn't mean they're going to address it and/or implement it, thankfully(PETS?!??!?).

PseudoCool
04-15-2013, 10:43 AM
No pets.. no factions.. NOTHING more to assist the whiner-gear-grinding-no-skill-having-pvp-wannabe's! (this does NOT reflect on those who pvp, just those with no skill that think gear = godliness).

Now.. that being said..

I *would* agree to an auction house and banks for extra storage. Hey.. who couldn't use extra storage? And cosmetics are always nice to make your character look really unique, but NOT if those cosmetics are gear-type deals (ie with stats). But other than an auction house, extra storage, and cosmetic tweaks, the rest of his list is shtako.

And yes.. I have to agree.. the OP does NOT speak for me. I *EARNED* the right to speak for myself, and I'll be damned if some leet-speekin-mooron is going to attempt to do so for me.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 10:49 AM
No pets.. no factions.. NOTHING more to assist the whiner-gear-grinding-no-skill-having-pvp-wannabe's! (this does NOT reflect on those who pvp, just those with no skill that think gear = godliness).

Now.. that being said..

I *would* agree to an auction house and banks for extra storage. Hey.. who couldn't use extra storage? And cosmetics are always nice to make your character look really unique, but NOT if those cosmetics are gear-type deals (ie with stats). But other than an auction house, extra storage, and cosmetic tweaks, the rest of his list is shtako.

And yes.. I have to agree.. the OP does NOT speak for me. I *EARNED* the right to speak for myself, and I'll be damned if some leet-speekin-mooron is going to attempt to do so for me.

Cosmetics are great, so long as they don't go crazy like TF2 hats :P

AH though.. ugh. I really hope not. Why would anyone buy lockboxes via bits if they can just go and buy the item they want in the AH? The second an AH pops up, there'll be gold farmers selling scrip for cash, making the exact item you want cheaper in cash than a bits purchased lockbox.

Aryctic
05-05-2013, 01:38 AM

Pretty much this. The game is fine how it is. I hope nothing from the OP's list get's implemented, except for certain bug fixes.

Schwa
05-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Considering how Sledge reads the forums, this thread and the thread linked are... very much a cool story bro for him. I'd assume. He probably sees that stuff posted elventy bajillion times a day.

Justin CarMichael
05-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Since Defiance is a living product, we're not just sitting on our laurels after launch and ignoring feedback.

This statement worries me. Sitting/Resting on your laurels is normally an expression that implies somebody has performed some great achievement in the past that was very much praise worthy but they are being warned not to rest on the praise from that in the future but to stay hungry.

Considering how many "We're sorry for how bad things are" posts we have had from Nathan Richardsson since the game's launch in the community section, promising that things will get better.....

What laurels are the Dev's thinking they have to rest/sit on?

Schwa
05-05-2013, 01:48 AM
This statement worries me. Sitting/Resting on your laurels is normally an expression that implies somebody has performed some great achievement in the past that was very much praise worthy but they are being warned not to rest on the praise from that in the future but to stay hungry.

Considering how many "We're sorry for how bad things are" posts we have had since the game's launch in the community section, promising that things will get better.....

What laurels are the Dev's thinking they have to rest/sit on?

I think the entire sentence could be replaced with "We're not sitting on our ***" and retain its intended meaning. I don't take that as them claiming they're getting showered with medals and such.

They're just using a cliche to fill out the announcement.

Justin CarMichael
05-05-2013, 01:49 AM
I think the entire sentence could be replaced with "We're not sitting on our ***" and retain its intended meaning. I don't take that as them claiming they're getting showered with medals and such.

They're just using a cliche to fill out the announcement.

They used the wrong cliché in every sense of the word. Maybe something like, "We aren't just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic after the launch...." would be more accurate.

Schwa
05-05-2013, 01:54 AM
They used the wrong cliché in every sense of the word. Maybe something like, "We aren't just re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic after the launch...." would be more accurate.

All I'm saying is not to mince words. They were just trying to write something pleasant.