PDA

View Full Version : Groups?

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Hey, I can't help but notice there is a "Groups" tab and I am just wondering what will happen with that?

I am new to Trion forums so I may just seem like a total newbie to this or is it something that is just in the Defiance Forums. Also, what kind of Groups will these be?

Sager
06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
There were different gurppy, for example, in the game Rift, there were factions, or groups of countries.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:59 AM
Oh, I see. Yes - I've seen this sort of thing in other Forums. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

Quizzical Harpy
06-06-2012, 05:28 AM
Where is this tab ? :o

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 06:12 AM
Well, it's not exactly a tab but when you go onto your profile, on the left hand side there is an option to join groups which is not yet active.

fuzzynaru
06-06-2012, 04:18 PM
who wants to be in a group

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 04:21 PM
I would like to be part of a Group at some point however I do not know what sort of Groups there will be in these forums yet. :( Will they be made by Trion/Syfy or by the community?

Escyos
06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
They are just forum groups, but it looks like they are disabled, so we may not get them.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 05:55 PM
They are just forum groups, but it looks like they are disabled, so we may not get them.

I'm pretty sure they will be enabled. I think it's just something which they'll add later on in the future.

Escyos
06-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm pretty sure they will be enabled. I think it's just something which they'll add later on in the future.

Probably, you'd be surprised how many pointless groups arrive on forums these days - I saw on the Gateworld forum that someone created the "Sunglass wearers group"....

Adsinonimous
06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Haha! Although, I do have a massive sunglasses collection. Maybe around 50 pairs.. >.<

Dark Raven80
08-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey, I can't help but notice there is a "Groups" tab and I am just wondering what will happen with that?

I am new to Trion forums so I may just seem like a total newbie to this or is it something that is just in the Defiance Forums. Also, what kind of Groups will these be?

What will happen is try'n will completely ignore feedback from alpha and beta testers. Then release the game in it's flawed state and fall horribly at doing patches. Then try'n will make empty promises and break deadlines. They will tell players "there will be a turret on the raptor" and "dlc will be released this month (three months running)". Then after all that I'll get feed up, get a refund on the season pass and troll them until i take the game back to Gamestop or burn it (if it is worth less than $2 for trade in). Pretty much sums up my defiance experience...

Dark Raven80
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Yes this thread is from 2012... The same issue with groups still persists...