PDA

View Full Version : SOOO many shotguns in PvP.

Bornhald
04-14-2013, 01:51 PM
It's ridiculous, every second person just runs around with a shotgun and blur/cloak. Don't get me wrong, it's fun sometimes, it just gets a little stale. It's like Gears of War on drugs in some lobbies.

Taux
04-14-2013, 01:53 PM
So tired of people that don't bother to play the game properly and just take the easy way with cloak + shotguns.

Jitterbug
04-14-2013, 01:54 PM
I think it has alot to do witht the fact that both pvp maps right now are very close quarter. Waterfront more so than observatory, but still... Do you also encounter this problem when doing Shadow Wars?

Taux
04-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeeep, people seem to love camping on the point with cloak + shotgun.

I find it silly that cloak is 100% invisible to players, not even a shimmer.

Jitterbug
04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
They should be easier to get on distance and kill in Shadow Wars though, no?

Agonist
04-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Small map = close quarter builds.

Deezlar
04-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeeep, people seem to love camping on the point with cloak + shotgun.

I find it silly that cloak is 100% invisible to players, not even a shimmer.

Whats to understand? Cloak + shottie is the FOTM. Hence 90% of people will use it... they will move to whatever the next FOTM is...

Standard mentality.

Bornhald
04-14-2013, 02:03 PM
They should be easier to get on distance and kill in Shadow Wars though, no?

I haven't been able to get in a single shadow war, usually stops at waiting for 16 players.

Exes
04-14-2013, 02:07 PM
Well the thing is it is not thaaaat close quarters. On most parts of both maps an smg would be the better choice range wise. It's just that shotguns point blank can pretty much one shot you while cloak allows you to get close enough without issues.

I have a heavy scatter gun which is a pump action shotgun and it deals more damage than a round of a sawed off shotgun. I know sawed off shoots twice at once, but shooting twice with that pump shotgun doesn't take long and with cloak its just so easy. Plus you can still one shot someone with it if you do it really point blank with the 30% more dmg from cloak.

Chainlynx
04-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Its just an ease of use thing. It takes way less skill/effort to get kills with shotguns (all types) than with most other weapons. Mostly because of the way the maps are set up and the effective range of the shotguns.

Shadow War is a bit larger so I see more weapon variety there.

RoDi 117
04-14-2013, 02:30 PM
cloak needs to be like halos active camo and not completely undetectable

RAYNE Mois
04-14-2013, 02:48 PM
What else would you suggest they use from cloak? The only other viable option to take full advantage of the cloak power would be a sniper, and I think we all know that's a laugh.