PDA

View Full Version : Whos been waiting to test the game?

skullspliter020
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi every one my name is Skullspliter020/A.K.A *FatalDarkness* i was just wondering any one who wanted beta type: *Beta
IF you are already an alpha/Beta tester type:**Alpha/**Beta

P.S. i can not get get you into beta or alpha i just want to see how many people are looking forward to testing the game

Night Hawke
11-07-2012, 06:56 PM
*Beta

btw this list will be well everyone lol.

Darktide
11-09-2012, 03:08 AM
I would say everyone on this page

RexxDoom
11-09-2012, 05:38 AM
beta
:cool:

vampero
11-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Me and Santa Claus !:p

Zebular
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Definitely looking forward to this game and the TV Show! This is going to be great. :cool:

Ravallian
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM
*Beta *Beta

Been checking the site and their twitter religiously!

Vega
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
          

Rexx
11-10-2012, 01:23 PM
I'd really like to see a schedule of Alpha test, Beta test and TV show premiere -

It seems to be getting "close to the wire" at this point.

RexxDoom
11-11-2012, 06:27 AM
I'd really like to see a schedule of Alpha test, Beta test and TV show premiere -

It seems to be getting "close to the wire" at this point.

Wow, I've never seen anyone else use Rexx before. Lol. Been my GT since Live started. Cool. I like ya already.
Onto topic, i think game comes out first part of April. Show premieres 2 weeks later. That's all I know.

Zebular
11-11-2012, 10:59 AM
According to Syfy.com, various trailers and other Media Sites, the TV Show is due to premier on Syfy Channel in April of 2013.

Darky
11-11-2012, 12:27 PM
i wish there is a way to sign up for the beta

Javel_Remois
11-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Ok! Going to show my gaming ignorance here, :confused:
Cards on the table, I am unlikely to have the time or experience to be a tester, but in the spirit of continual learning (the day you die is the day you stop learning in my view) I'm curious please could someone explain a few things.....

What makes someone a suitable tester? And how would one get onto the "radar" of the guys with the "power" to issue a much desired Beta key?

Also if you we're to be invited to be a tester what would be expected of you?

Finally what is a "beta key"? DOH!:rolleyes:

In anticipation of reducing my ignorance ..... thanks folks!

Anthony
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Everyone on these boards =)
I would've thought some Beta testing started but maybe they're just holding out to right before New Years. I'm guessing beta will start when the Thanksgiving break or Xmas school break arrives.

JellyBean
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Cards on the table, I am unlikely to have the time or experience to be a tester, but in the spirit of continual learning (the day you die is the day you stop learning in my view) I'm curious please could someone explain a few things.....

What makes someone a suitable tester? And how would one get onto the "radar" of the guys with the "power" to issue a much desired Beta key?

In anticipation of reducing my ignorance ..... thanks folks!

Generally speaking the normal process is to have a closed beta, this is where people with the targeted pc capability or console players sign up and if your equip meets the specs and if your background matches up you get picked. Only a certain amount of people are allowed in the closed beta. Your "Key" is what will allow you to download, install and launch the game on your console or pc.

Every company has their own screening process and like what has already been stated we are a little ways away from a beta test.

After the "closed" beta there is an open beta where anyone is allowed to play. This is more for F2P mmo's on pc and I'm not sure that will even be a step here.

If you ARE picked, your job will be to play the game and find any bugs/glitches/problems with the game that you can and report it with a screen shot or post on a forum. So naturally people with lots of experience with mmo's or shooters will be ideal but that may also not be the case. All the criteria is dependent on Trion.

Shadinaxx
11-12-2012, 10:15 AM

Most cases, what makes a suitable tester is ability to discuss elements of the game, providing valuable feedback. To get on the radar of this, you need a Trion worlds account (you posted here, so that's done), and watch the forums, make a couple posts about what you have seen that you like, dislike, etc. Being that you have very little knowledge puts you on the radar, because they want the game to appeal to players like you, as well as the players that have home theater setups dedicated to being at the top of their game.

Feedback, if you see a tree that's upsided down, screenshot it, an report it, so it can be fixed. If there are mobs (Mobile Object or Beast) that are stuck, melted into the scenery, or doing something else that they shouldnt be, report it. If quest giver text doesnt match the voice, report it, etc and so on.

Beta Key is like a CD key for downloaded content, it is a registration code that gives you access to the beta. When/if you get one, you will apply it to your Trion account, and it flags your account as having access to the all powerful "Download" button.

Hope this helps :)

PS. Jellybean, I actually think Javel has a better chance to get a Beta invite than me, lol. Defiance devs have stated several times they want the game to be something they can pick up when they cant get enough of the show, submersing the casual or brand new to gaming player into the world that they can touch and interact with.

Javel_Remois
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Jelly Bean, thank you so much for explaining all that to me. I hope it might also help other newbies to get a better understanding of some of the acronyms used when talking about game development. Thanks for taking the time to reply, curiosity satisfied.

Javel_Remois
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Shadinaxx, wow thank you so much you made all that really clear and simple, brilliant. :D You also made it sound far less technical and daunting, my first post was driven by curiosity and a desire / need to understand what people are talking about, but you made being a tester sound quite interesting and accessible to even a novice gamer like me. Reference your comment re the sorts of people Trion will be looking to recruit as testers....

PS. Jellybean, I actually think Javel has a better chance to get a Beta invite than me, lol. Defiance devs have stated several times they want the game to be something they can pick up when they cant get enough of the show, submersing the casual or brand new to gaming player into the world that they can touch and interact with.

I am still doubtful I would have time to dedicate to testing, but I guess it would depend on timing as I am self employed and it all depends on how much work I have on, but I'm sure they will be looking for a cross section of people with a range of experience and skills and with the ability you demonstrated in this post to explain things I'm sure you'd be a great choice. ;)

Deimos Eros
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
About a month ago I was already told that the Alpha is done. They are on the Closed Beta now and soon the open Beta will be available. I was also told this site IS where you get the chance to be in the Beta. Just waiting for them to start it up.

Shadinaxx
11-13-2012, 08:22 AM
I am still doubtful I would have time to dedicate to testing, but I guess it would depend on timing as I am self employed and it all depends on how much work I have on, but I'm sure they will be looking for a cross section of people with a range of experience and skills and with the ability you demonstrated in this post to explain things I'm sure you'd be a great choice. ;)

lol, thank your for your kind words, and as for your time available, I still feel you would be a prime example, due to your limited time. Alot of focus of this game has been towards the player with very limited time to play a game, to be able to just "jump in and play an hour or two" and still have full immersion to fully enrich the dual medium experiance.

JellyBean
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
lol, thank your for your kind words, and as for your time available, I still feel you would be a prime example, due to your limited time. Alot of focus of this game has been towards the player with very limited time to play a game, to be able to just "jump in and play an hour or two" and still have full immersion to fully enrich the dual medium experiance.

That's a really interesting point, Defiance provides a strong immersion experience because if you can't spend that much time on the game you can still enjoy the universe on the show. Shadinaxx has a good point that a one of the target audiance's are players who aren't able to play but a few hours here and there and watch the show.

princehadow
11-13-2012, 06:54 PM
*beta

i can't wait to find out more about this game

Allons
11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Been in many Beta's but this one I really want to be in!!!!!!!!!