PDA

View Full Version : Whats better to buy T2, T3, or T4 lockboxes?

Jeff Ark
04-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Just wondering what the best box to get is

Defy
04-14-2013, 03:07 PM
Id say t3 lockboxes are best value

Pelaquin
04-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Tier 3 are your best bet for the price.

LoH Trigger
04-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Tier 2. You can get more items for less...

Jeff Ark
04-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys

Celticwelsh
04-14-2013, 03:17 PM
T3 is the most resource efficient but tier 4 seem to have the highest orange drop rate. Here is a google doc with a breakdown of efficiency and drop rates. http://www.2old2play.com/forum/gaming-forums/fps-gaming/defiance-lockboxes-info-must-read-if-you-play-game-504269

Merrin Nightbringer
04-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Tier 4.
/endthread

November
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I've pulled two oranges and 10 purples out of T2 boxes in the last two days. Before I only bought T3 and just got blues/yellows. Either I'm getting really lucky or its better to buy T2s in quantity.

Bluegobln
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Logically, the people designing this game would intend the T4's to be the best buy, if you have the keycodes. That makes sense to pretty much everyone. Based on that, if nobody else can actually come to a proper conclusion, a really definite answer, then I'm going with what agrees with both my firsthand experience and what makes the most sense from the game design perspective.

And that's the truth. All of the discussion and statistics and numbers going on, all of the information we have, is not concrete. There keep being hitches in the data. The analysis is going back and forth, changing as time goes on, etc.

Ultimately, even in a worst case scenario like my choice of T4's being actually say 20% worse than anything else... I'm still GETTING SOMETHING for my keycodes and my scrip, there's nothing wrong with that. On an individual basis luck will still play a part. Not until you've bought thousands of lockboxes will the statistics match your actual experience, and so I don't really care how the statistics apply. :D

Edit: Think of it like gambling. You might say that acting in such and such a way, playing such and such odds, following a specific design might give you the BEST CHANCE of winning. However, that chance can still go either way drastically on you. You cannot guarantee that a statistically superior tactic will grant success if followed, except in an extreme long term scenario. So you might follow the best course, but in the end you might still lose and some random guy who just does whatever he feels like might win big. Happens all the time. :D