PDA

View Full Version : Dafuc ?!

Skuld
04-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Hello;

It's been around 15h I play this game, however, even after all this time off, I do not understand it, the levels are not explicit, the cat is as quiet as an old lady morphine, the presence other players is virtually nonexistent, the procurement system with a list that changes every purchase which has the consequence that spam is found during purchase buy what you do not want and thus loses its credit history is as flat as the breast of a pre-teen who does not have anyway, in short I do not understand anything about this game or its purpose.

In addition, this game is still buggy and you already speak of developing a fuc.k.ing DLC, so if you please please create a training system a little more substantial, creating a universe a bit explicit because walking in a quad beautiful world that is nice but not able to integrate the background of the game sucks.

thank you

PS: Send me a game manual, I can perhaps finally understand the basis of a game I played for around 15h just because it's fun to shoot cockroaches L.S.D. and quad biking.

[Post translated by google translate, original post in French section]

SonicBoom
04-14-2013, 03:59 PM
... in short I do not understand anything about this game or its purpose.The purpose of the game is to ahve fun, just like in any other games. It's a 'game'. You have 'fun.

As for not understanding this and that within the game, it helps to pay attention to the stuff you are told and read descriptions of stuff. You don't have normal character levels, but use EVO levels instead. Every time you gain a level, you get a skillpoint for your EVO. Just open the grid and allocate the point like you normally would (and keep in mind you can place several points in the same skill to level it up) and equip the perks you want.

As for weapons, they gain levels when you use them, and their XP counts towards a weapon-type experience. This means when your weapon levels up, you get better at all those weapons too, not just the one you're using. But it also means that whenever your weapon has reached it's maximum level, you won't get any more XP for that weapon, and thus not for the weapy-type either.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same as in any other MMO. Just keep in mind it's still barely released, there's an extensive patch coming out next week (some say already tomorrow) and one two weeks later, so ignore the bugs and stuff for now. They are working on it.

malaclypse
04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
the devs have been saying the 15th for about a week.

KreamStyle
04-14-2013, 05:37 PM
What I don't understand is the fact the the damn chat don't even work. WTF I don't remember buying this game in beta phase. This game has so much shyt broken in it its sad it even got released like this.

Valorian
04-14-2013, 05:54 PM
PS: Send me a game manual, I can perhaps finally understand the basis of a game I played for around 15h just because it's fun to shoot cockroaches L.S.D. and quad biking.

[Post translated by google translate, original post in French section]
take a bit of time to read the Intel section maybe, all the info is there.

Neokro
04-14-2013, 06:09 PM
take a bit of time to read the Intel section maybe, all the info is there.

He is French, they can't read. :o

mikegonzalez2k
04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
The chat works, but the stupid thing is, the chat window is minimized. Meaning instead of having easy to read scrollable text, it quickly scrolls then disappears quicker than you can even read it. For an MMO it's a very anti-social game :(

malaclypse
04-14-2013, 06:36 PM
chat's the same as it's been throughout all phases, alpha and beta, same as the UI, optimized for consoles.

really, when you get right down to it, how often do you feel the urge to say anything to anyone else anyway? in group situations, if it isn't you, shoot it.

<shrug> once i accepted that this ain't an mmo so much as a shared world borderlands i was a lot happier.
best bet for actual socializing if that's your thing is a guild with a mumble or vent server. or i hear the steam overlay works well, haven't tried it myself, people annoy me.

ironhands
04-14-2013, 06:41 PM
In addition, this game is still buggy and you already speak of developing a fuc.k.ing DLC

DLC is done by a different team than the people who write the code to deal with bugs. The 3d artists wouldn't have much luck fixing bugs......

Anatol
04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
What I don't understand is the fact the the damn chat don't even work. WTF I don't remember buying this game in beta phase. This game has so much shyt broken in it its sad it even got released like this.

are you serious?:D:D: can you please show me game that is NOT in beta in release??? EVERY ****ING GAME is beta in nowdays:( This is new trend in game indutry. there is no BUGFREE game. Almost every ****ing game has 1st day hotfix patch on PC. Defiance game is just same in this like many others

Versteckter Geist
04-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Well, I haven't seen many people myself until I came around to quest hubs. Luckily people usually come out of the woodwork for the big arkfalls.

Hopefully after the show tomorrow, more people begin to play, maybe help out in the quiet cat department..

NathanKnight
04-15-2013, 01:37 AM
there is no excuse for the current chat system.. it promotes anti social behavior and its same as having no chat window at all.. ffs- theres games 15 yrs older than this that have better chat windows/systems .. you cant make an online game and not have proper chat..

Mako482
04-15-2013, 03:23 AM
I agree dude, this game is not intuitive at all. I am like EGO 150 and still don't have a clue what I am doing half the time lol. I think I have a few things figured out, but things like modding your weapon.....I wasted money on what I thought were mods that would fit what appears to be 4 slots on my assault rifle. I matched up what I bought with the pic on the slots, but only 2 out of the 4 will work. Not sure wtf.

Taaltos
04-15-2013, 03:28 AM
Haven't posted this yet today. :p

Chat's getting fixed. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?33793-Live-Stream-teaser...more-map-Plus-Permachat-and-Scaleable-chat-confirmed.)

Agrona
04-15-2013, 06:03 AM
Well, I haven't seen many people myself until I came around to quest hubs. Luckily people usually come out of the woodwork for the big arkfalls.

Hopefully after the show tomorrow, more people begin to play, maybe help out in the quiet cat department..

I'm actually more concerned about the old lady on morphine at this point...

Hey as long as there are a ton of players around Arkfalls, I'm good. Plus, as someone said, a guild is your best bet, since the chat system isn't as refined as in other MMO's. ;)

Vyshan
04-15-2013, 06:18 AM
I'm actually more concerned about the old lady on morphine at this point...

That was the funniest part about the thread starter, and no one else picked up on it. :P

Vault Dweller
04-15-2013, 07:01 AM

I dont think this guy played the beta..they have made HUGE improvements. Beta was barely playable and because people can't complete a few pursuits or few side mission the game is broken? I think not!

dirtyklingon
04-15-2013, 07:08 AM
I dont think this guy played the beta..they have made HUGE improvements. Beta was barely playable and because people can't complete a few pursuits or few side mission the game is broken? I think not!

just because the first couple betas were nearly complete unplayable doesn't mean this game doesn't have plenty of broken parts.

ironhands
04-15-2013, 08:29 AM
just because the first couple betas were nearly complete unplayable doesn't mean this game doesn't have plenty of broken parts.

no doubt there. I think a lot of the bugs are all attributed to one thing though - packet loss, it would explain a lot. Hopefully the new client has a more efficient data protocol, it would clear up a lot of the issues with one change.

malaclypse
04-15-2013, 09:57 AM
i really don't get the complaints, game has been perfectly playable throughout, even pre launch events, barring a bug here and there, gamebreaking ones got addressed pretty quickly back in the betas, once they get whatever scaling and lag issues taken care of, i expect the minor kinks to get squashed in turn. lol, some of the alpha and beta builds were a hell of a lot iffier... at least items actually drop now. even if some of the ones on the vendors still show no stats.