PDA

View Full Version : Do not nerf Nim post

Santana Ortega
04-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Please Trion and designers, do not cave to the complaints of easy mode players.
DO NOT change the Nim Shandou fight.
There needs to be a company that sees that their design is not flawed, just hard.
Make players learn to play a game instead of just blowing through easy content.
Some games need to be hard, some easy.
This fight is ment to be hard and should stay this way.

Mirimon
04-14-2013, 03:18 PM
not even remotely difficult, imo.. he needs buffed.

Santana Ortega
04-14-2013, 03:22 PM
not even remotely difficult, imo.. he needs buffed.

Well patterns can be learned and then he is easy yes.
maybe not a nerf but a varried adjustment in mechanics and patterns

deathkill47
04-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Well I can say That I one those ppl that can't Beat Nim I can get to the 3rd phase but that it I was fighting that 3rd phase for 2 hours still not won against him. Please enlighten me on how to dodge bullets that are going around corners and hitting me I cant hide when I do the bullets just come round the walls and hit me. I tried every gun riffle rocket no luck please give me yoiur secrete on defeating him as it stands now I may have to Quit this game all togeather seeing I can't progress any further theres no fun in that. Well congrats on your victory I wish I had the skills to beat him as easy as you do but I see I cant. unless there is a way to continue the story without beating him, if not I think my defiance days are over just have to watch the show and be happy with that.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
stand right next to but opposite him on a pillar then pop out shoot rinse repeat

Wooisme
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
There needs to be a company that sees that their design is not flawed, just hard.

If enough people want to nerf him, why not? Some of us already beated him, so what? If Nim gets nerf, it has nothing to do with us.

Dazz
04-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Leave him as he is and let people group for him. Nerf the rewards not the boss. Not everybody is a sh*t-hot shooter player. Why alienate people?

Santana Ortega
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
If enough people want to nerf him, why not? Some of us already beated him, so what? If Nim gets nerf, it has nothing to do with us.

It is the principle of nerfing because players feel they are not up to the challenge of beating a tough boss. This is one of the biggest problems with games these days. People feel they can't beat something ot win against a tough opponent and want it nerfed so they don't have to use their brain to figure it out.

LAZY, these people are lazy and just want it over and be done.
I can understand that but I do not want something changed because of it.

Now if something is broken then by all means fix it...This is not broken. Just takes some thinking.

I would want more Boss fights like this, even major Arkfall final bosses to ne hard.
I personally am fed up with easy mode. Makes me feel like I am paying for no challeneges anymore

Natjur
04-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Stage 1 of Nim was a little hard, (harder then the rest of the game) but it was still easy to do. Please do not nerf him.

There are links to youtube videos that make him super easy if you use the right weapons, so if you are having issues, just watch the video and use those weapons. If you want to have fun, just use the weapons you normally use, but it will be harder

I had to use a different weapon type for each round, but it was fun. Using one weapon for all three rounds is doable, but not the way it was designed. This game is about switching weapons based on the enemy type. I guess Nim is the 'final' test of that to see if you have master weapon switching, or your just REALLY good with one weapon.

Bluegobln
04-14-2013, 03:41 PM
People can't kill him because they're fixated on one type of weapon and are unwilling to try different tactics. Their usual tactic doesnt work on a BOSS... of all things... oh NO! He must be nerfed! he's too hard, because he's not basically a carbon copy of previous enemies but with more health and damage!

He was relatively easy for me. Once I learned his mechanics I had no problems with him. I think I died twice the whole time, finished him off without much trouble.

Migrayne
04-14-2013, 03:41 PM
The key is sit at the piller. Hit him after he atta is then move around opposite.again. Easy fight just takes awhile. Would be cool if you could group up for it to help some players out.

Wooisme
04-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Alright valid point, however I still stand by the fact it doesn't affect how we play.

Orge Lambart
Outside of the first 4 or 5 times when I was learning his mechanics I failed. I switched to a FCR shotgun and AR and totally dominated him.

During the third phase (if I remember correctly that's when he's all red and on fire right?) you just back up and use your shotgun to blast him down. Use a shield with fast regen, use health regen, use the perk that gives you dmg resistance. Also I'd recommend using Overcharge. Blur, Cloak and Decoy (although not too sure on Decoy) are useless on this event.

In fact that method works for any of the phases, when he's splits up, just kill the clones and then hit him with overcharge and your shotgun. Also don't use the roll button but remember he travels in a straight up line from his current position, if you walk casually you can avoid his cannon thrust or whatever it's called.

primalwolf
nerf the rewards? the rewards suck. lol
Also, i dont agree with grouping for main bosses, it changes the basis of the story in my oppinion, you are no longer the saviour of the story, you and your friends or randomers are. lol
Also, I dont want nim nerfed, simply because he is the only challenging aspect of this game. I remember back in the day of mmos and mmorpgs that bosses were meant to prove difficult, they were not meant to be, bang bang, hide, bang bang, hide, bang bang, dead. lol
if you dont dont want nim nerfed though, head over to the questions and answers things for defiance on raptr and like my post =P

Blackwolfe
04-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Meh, you can beat him with most weapons. Some weapons make the fight cheaper though. Personally I went with an AR. Died once on phase 2, thats about it. First time I fought him back in alpha I used an AR as well, died twice on phase 1.. but no more.

There are plenty of threads on nim with plenty of good tips. You simply need to learn and adapt.

I agree, dont nerf nim. He is not a hard boss. For those that are having tons of trouble with him, they might want to "skill up" (as in, becoming better players).

Orge Lambart
04-14-2013, 03:45 PM
nerf the rewards? the rewards suck. lol
Also, i dont agree with grouping for main bosses, it changes the basis of the story in my oppinion, you are no longer the saviour of the story, you and your friends or randomers are. lol
Also, I dont want nim nerfed, simply because he is the only challenging aspect of this game. I remember back in the day of mmos and mmorpgs that bosses were meant to prove difficult, they were not meant to be, bang bang, hide, bang bang, hide, bang bang, dead. lol
if you dont dont want nim nerfed though, head over to the questions and answers things for defiance on raptr and like my post =P

Who suggested they nerf the rewards. The pistol is pretty sweet, but why nerf it. You have officially beat the game, the pistol is like an AR with limited mag size.

Man With No Name
04-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Shields and perks play a huge part in this. If people would understand their gear it would be a lot easier, not bragging but this boss was a joke. I am an 80's baby so I guess I seen my share of tougher bosses then this in my time.

Dazz
04-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Who suggested they nerf the rewards. The pistol is pretty sweet, but why nerf it. You have officially beat the game, the pistol is like an AR with limited mag size.

Nerf the rewards for those who group as opposed to those who solo. Seems like a good compromise.

Vuule
04-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Difficult? Rather annoying, but difficult? No. Shotgun/Detonator, done.

Evilution
04-14-2013, 04:34 PM
True ark hunters, melee him to death :p

pct3ch1
04-14-2013, 04:39 PM
Took me few try's per phase that Nim does but I was able to beat him. I just had to change my strategy and change weapons per phase. This is the weapons I used per phase shift on Nim. Stop reading right now if you don't want any spoilers.

Phase #1: Used 'Spanner Trapper' and leached him to death. Used 'Spanner Trapper' to heal when needed.

Phase #2: Used 'Vot Rebounder Cannon' type missle launcher. The one that hits and breaks up to smaller projectiles and blows up. Used 'Spanner Trapper' to heal when needed.

Phase #3: Used "Light machine gun' with Extended Mag III type mod. Used 'Spanner Trapper' to heal when needed.

XPhial
04-14-2013, 04:48 PM
I am incline to agree with not nerfing him if anything make it so that way people can group up for that instance make it so that way if someone is having a hard time he can have help or support

piedlpiper
04-14-2013, 04:50 PM

As it stands now, a lot of players can not progress in the game due to this on 'Main' mission. For those that have reach this point in the game it is not about not knowing the game, it's more about both system and personal capabilities. System = lag, personal = reflex (lack there of).

So, please tone it down or better yet offer Difficulty options during toon design. (Insane, Hard, Norma, Easy) I order to change difficulty, you have to create new toon.

Youngwings
04-14-2013, 04:54 PM

I 2nd this post, i hate when games get easier because other people cant beat them. This game overall is too easy.

DIGITAL SMOKE
04-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Beat NiM the first time no problems or deaths... Why nerf? He is easy. There are many different builds, weapons and tactics that could be explored by players before crying NERF.. ijs

xGODLYxREAPER
04-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I thought he was pretty easy lol tho i have every shield/Health/Damage Resistance perk you can have on at once plus overcharge. Just keep rolling lol

Raehvyn
04-14-2013, 05:15 PM
ITT: People saying it is easy. People saying it is hard. One person pointing out that not everyone is the same.

The first few first phase fights I died and died horribly.Dodging was useless, I was still getting hit despite being out of his path. Second phase was the invis one right? I didn't have too much trouble with that. The decoy thing? Well it kept registering them at the wrong points on my mini-map which was absurd and frustrating but I beat that too. The final fight was just me gunning him down.

See, I learned how to fight him and it was fun. But the majority of my deaths seemed unreal -- problems not with me but the mechanical function of the game. I know when I mess up and I do often but as much as I like taking credit for my own follies I have to say the game didn't make it easy for me.

Don't nerf him, refine the mechanics, and add grouping. This is an MMO, how about we drop this single player instance crap and let it be a player choice.

Dandrielas
04-14-2013, 05:16 PM
If they are planning on nerfing him, then I better complete the main story today before the patch comes.

Aimeri
04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
*Sign thread*

Beat him, all three phases, with an LMG and grenades. You literally need nothing else.
If you want to easymode him, bring an SMG and learn to dodge properly.

Ellia
04-14-2013, 05:19 PM
If i didnt know who last boss was, i certainly do now

Alphastrike
04-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I just one shot this guy....he's not very hard. I don't see the need for any sort of nerf, mabye a scaling buff though based on ego rating.

Sceles
04-14-2013, 06:10 PM
They should halve his hp and/or make his charge attacks faster. High HP does not equal higher difficulty.

Another
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Nim should be buffed, he was honestly wayyyy to easy for a "final" boss. The giant scrapper robot at GG Bridge should be the final boss!

Ellia
04-14-2013, 06:18 PM
whats a nim?

Ellia
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
ahhhhhh u just said he final boss and spoiled the game for thousands

sadface =(

Dandrielas
04-14-2013, 06:20 PM
ahhhhhh u just said he final boss and spoiled the game for thousands

sadface =(

Umm. This has been known for awhile if you have been keeping track of forum posts.

Ellia
04-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Umm. This has been known for awhile if you have been keeping track of forum posts.

that is true, but i tried to ignore threads like this one, and pretend i didnt see them, i cant anymore YOU ALL spoil the fun for people that havent got there.

spectrum
04-14-2013, 06:23 PM
It is the principle of nerfing because players feel they are not up to the challenge of beating a tough boss. This is one of the biggest problems with games these days. People feel they can't beat something ot win against a tough opponent and want it nerfed so they don't have to use their brain to figure it out.

Now if something is broken then by all means fix it...This is not broken. Just takes some thinking.

I would want more Boss fights like this, even major Arkfall final bosses to ne hard.
I personally am fed up with easy mode. Makes me feel like I am paying for no challeneges anymore

take your thoughts on hating and stick it in your brown eye. i hope he does get nerfed to shut you down.

Geoff102
04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I agree Nim dosen't really need to be nerfed, to be honest all you really need is a 3 second recharge shield and 40%+ recharge rate and hes not really that hard, Nim honestly needs a buff in my opinion.

Wadgod
04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
of all the bosses i can recall at this time nim was hands down the hardest most annoying boss i have ever fought.... he moves too much deals massive damage and really had to add more and more adds as the 2nd fight went on come on 2 was hard enough.. sure could be buffed hp wise and maybe add a few different things to the fight but all in all the fight needs to be nerfed in some degree

Shismar
04-14-2013, 06:32 PM
that is true, but i tried to ignore threads like this one, and pretend i didnt see them, i cant anymore YOU ALL spoil the fun for people that havent got there.
Maybe you should play the story instead of exploiting game mechanics to level your weapons.

Concerning Nim, fact is, there are players that have issues with this fight. I understand that. I had when I tried him first as well. Quality of internet connection seems to make a big difference. He is definitely not easy at a 250ms ping.

So something needs to be done by Trion or these players are blocked from future progress. I suggest giving players an opportunity after extracting to change their perks and weapons. Instead of Nim attacking right away again. I know this would have saved me many death while I was trying to figure out a loadout that worked.

Nmalthus
04-14-2013, 06:49 PM
Just used a BMG, worked great.

DonnaMarie
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I would have to agree please don't make the fight against Nim any easier.

I'm an older gamer that does struggle with shooters and if they have a difficulty setting choice I will normally choose easy or normal so that I can at least enjoy playing the game but as there isn't that option for all games then you have to just keep trying. I will honestly admit that the final fight against Nim for me was very hard but I just kept trying and dying and so forth. Eventually I can say for myself with great pride that I defeated him, during the battle I considered many times just quitting but I'm really happy that I just kept going until I got him down and now all I want is to have the option to play through the story with my asskicking Kianna so that I can kick his butt again!

I would say to any other gamers like myself that do struggle please just keep persevering, you will eventually beat him, if I can do it then so can you. I was an ego rate of 534 when I beat him and for me the infector worked best for stage one, my lmg for stage two and my assault rifle for stage three along with overcharge. Once you do beat him you will be so overjoyed.

So again as an easy difficulty choosing mature girl gamer I say please Trion don't make Nim any easier, he is perfect just the way he is!

Hugs Donna (aka Kianna on Xbox EU) (gamertag DonnaMarie71)
Co-founder of Grit VIP - The clan for shooters where gaming, fun and friendship comes first! Visit our site at http://www.gritvip.co.uk

S7YLEE
04-14-2013, 07:11 PM
GOD i loved the nim fight had to almost pull my hair out but still love it xD people need to learn from there mistakes not beg for nerf -.-

nack516
04-14-2013, 07:19 PM
A bmg makes the fight pretty simple. Still takes time but really not that difficult at all. Just try the reservoir chicken hotshot then you can talk about things that need nerfing

spectrum
04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
i got admit with every one complaining about how hard nim was im shoock, im not meaning to jump on the defenders of the nim band wagon but he actully was easier then a monarch bugg, i used a FRC Heavy Scattergun on him, it was a lvl 691 with nuclear elemental, and light blue rated. it was fairly easy peasy, i had more trouble with the liuetenant in downtown San Francisco then Nim.

Kilzen
05-03-2013, 02:00 AM
The first time I fought Nim, took me a while. Thought it would be a cake walk, lol not so much. 16 attempts stage 1, 6 on stage two and only one on the final section. Shotty made it real easy and trust me, decoy pisses him off. He falls for it once and then starts saying "your petty tricks will not work on me" and then proceeds to give pain. Lots of pain. Dets are good too, there is a few ammo points in the room. Second time I fought Nim (third playthrough, loves grinding) It was not exactly easy, but I did manage to beat him with just a purple spanner with overcharge. Moral of the story, if something is too hard, change tactics. If that doesnt work, level your toon or group. Nothing helping? Sorry cant help ya. I liked the fight, I say keep it the same. If he is nerfed then everyone else that beat him before then, well lets just it cheapens the experience.

Bored Peon
05-03-2013, 02:12 AM
I have to go with the do not nerf side on this.

The only thing that makes this fight hard is YOU.

Like others said previously use different powers, perks, and different weapons. If you expect to win the fight using nothing but overpower and a LMG then you deserve the agony of defeat.

Zorlond
05-03-2013, 02:55 AM
First attempt, SMG, long grueling fight. Won.

Of course, I was spec'd for maximum durability, which may have influenced things. I'm used to being a tank working solo in MMO's.

I think he's a suitable end boss for the current mission lineup, and definitely no walk in the park, like any end boss really should be. I quit WoW because they just kept making it easier and easier until I fell asleep mid-raid.

Lollie
05-03-2013, 03:10 AM
I think they need to make this fight less about the precious milliseconds I don't have to spare, being 300ms+ latency to servers (playing from New Zealand). This boss got cheap hits in I know I shouldn't have received, seen the fights on Youtube and to us playing from down here it looks nothing like that...he gets cheap hits in thanks to those milliseconds.

The fight isn't hard, it's cheap. The other boss fight at least has tactics that don't involve rolling from an attack that telegraphs my end at -0.01ms

They better start either thinking about giving us a local server, or never again make a fight about milliseconds.

This fight made me realise how ghetto the game is for us down here with no local servers.

BadPanther86
05-03-2013, 04:36 AM
I haven't fought him yet but I like a challenge. Just keep on Trying and eventually you'll kill him. I final boss needs to be hard, not easy.

Eviess
05-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Please do not nerf him. :(

Managed to do the fight the first try, not sure why people complain he is so hard.

(I died during the fight a few times, but there seems to be some sort of bug that if you press E (self-revive) and you only have the recall revive available, you will self-rez anyway.)

LALLY
05-03-2013, 04:41 AM
compared to other boss fights in other games, Nim was pretty easy, im shocked so many people are having problems with him, I did die twice on the first part, but after a bit of getting used to him, it was pretty simple, people just need to think about it, I put cloak on for when I was damaged and needed to instantly recharge my shields, I put on the constant health regen perk and used an assault rifle, as you can get in a lot of shots esily up close and from distance. move around a lot and role to dodge his shots, and when those crystal type things come up from the ground, just stand on the side. Nerfing nim would be a complete joke.

fatoldguy
05-03-2013, 04:42 AM
I haven't fought him yet but I like a challenge. Just keep on Trying and eventually you'll kill him. I final boss needs to be hard, not easy.

Agreed, but in a MMO type setting the final boss should allow more than one player per instance. I'm not saying you should not be able to solo him, but at least add a co-op version with scaling difficulty based on the number of players. This is supposed to be a multi player game, why does it seem to discourage any social interaction pretty much throughout the game?

Dave Blackwell
05-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Here's a thought. It more or less covers what everyone is wanting, whether it be leaving Nim untouched (of which I fully agree with) and it'll go in favour of those who are finding him somewhat difficult to beat. However, once you learn his patterns and such the fight is pretty relatively simple; takes a while, but you get there in the end.

Ok, I'll get to the point. Instead of 'nerfing' Nim and beginning the slow devolution process to a BF3-esque forum (which ruins any and all games, in my opinion) where you get walked through the game by the hand like a baby.

Why not just allow the ability to group up with say.. four other people? It could be similar to one of the several CO-OP missions that are already in the game and they aren't particularly a cake walk, so to speak, but still allows the chance to play with others. I'd welcome this because I am one of the players that would go out of my way to help anyone that needs it in game, this would almost benefit the social aspect of the game itself as well due to the potential for communication between players.

If grouping up with four other players would make the boss fight too simple then simply up Nim a slight bit more and I emphasize on slight to make it level for the scenario. If that doesn't click with the setting of the mission and what not then reduce the grouping to two players? Same aspect, just less players then it leaves the boss fight even in how it plays out and not needing to be tweaked as much.

In all honesty, Nim shouldn't be 'nerfed' at all. The solution is quite literally staring you in the face - make it so that it's possible to group up, tweak him a bit depending on the decision made and voila, there you go; everyone's happy.

fatoldguy
05-03-2013, 05:49 AM
Here's a thought. It more or less covers what everyone is wanting, whether it be leaving Nim untouched (of which I fully agree with) and it'll go in favour of those who are finding him somewhat difficult to beat. However, once you learn his patterns and such the fight is pretty relatively simple; takes a while, but you get there in the end.

Ok, I'll get to the point. Instead of 'nerfing' Nim and beginning the slow devolution process to a BF3-esque forum (which ruins any and all games, in my opinion) where you get walked through the game by the hand like a baby.

Why not just allow the ability to group up with say.. four other people? It could be similar to one of the several CO-OP missions that are already in the game and they aren't particularly a cake walk, so to speak, but still allows the chance to play with others. I'd welcome this because I am one of the players that would go out of my way to help anyone that needs it in game, this would almost benefit the social aspect of the game itself as well due to the potential for communication between players.

If grouping up with four other players would make the boss fight too simple then simply up Nim a slight bit more and I emphasize on slight to make it level for the scenario. If that doesn't click with the setting of the mission and what not then reduce the grouping to two players? Same aspect, just less players then it leaves the boss fight even in how it plays out and not needing to be tweaked as much.

In all honesty, Nim shouldn't be 'nerfed' at all. The solution is quite literally staring you in the face - make it so that it's possible to group up, tweak him a bit depending on the decision made and voila, there you go; everyone's happy.

Group up on the currently final boss in an MMO? Madness!

Schwa
05-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Group up on the currently final boss in an MMO? Madness!

Nim isn't the last boss. Von Bach is the last boss. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4KSsB6FsNo)

Fennix
05-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Total agreement with this. We all remember those heart pumping gaming moments, and I can assure you those were times when something difficult was overcome. The rougher and more impossible the situation, the more fun was had. If others can do accomplish something, So can I. especially in a game. A console game.

istrikeanywhere
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
I just picked up the game last week and im about to fight nim for the first time. please dont nerf this fight. some of us like the challenge! people were all ragey about jack-leg or whatever his name is but the fight is simple if you figure out the mechanics.

From a new player- MAKE FIGHTS HARDER!

Littleweasel
05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Well I can say That I one those ppl that can't Beat Nim I can get to the 3rd phase but that it I was fighting that 3rd phase for 2 hours still not won against him. Please enlighten me on how to dodge bullets that are going around corners and hitting me I cant hide when I do the bullets just come round the walls and hit me. I tried every gun riffle rocket no luck please give me yoiur secrete on defeating him as it stands now I may have to Quit this game all togeather seeing I can't progress any further theres no fun in that. Well congrats on your victory I wish I had the skills to beat him as easy as you do but I see I cant. unless there is a way to continue the story without beating him, if not I think my defiance days are over just have to watch the show and be happy with that.

i used the bmg on him and the third round was the easiest of the 3 rounds

Tinsera
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
*Sign thread*

Beat him, all three phases, with an LMG and grenades. You literally need nothing else.
If you want to easymode him, bring an SMG and learn to dodge properly.

Easy boss, grenades are great on him, I used lmg and a Swarm launcher.