PDA

View Full Version : tier 4 lock boxes

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I dont think green items should even be in a tier 4 box. I am tired of grinding out 64 keys only to get 3 greens in a box. I havent seen a purple come out of my last 4 boxes. And why do I keep getting multiple shotguns in one box? My last box had 3 and a pyro gren.

At lvl 800 I am still using a lvl 250 lmg because nothing I have found is better. The boosts have helped with in world item drops, but those only go to the matrix for keys because nothing good drops anywhere.

This is just my rant sry for any offence made. I really would feel better if greens were removed from the T4 boxes tho:D

Soapyfrog
04-14-2013, 03:29 PM
I hear ya. I just get tier 3 now because it doesn't seem worth the investment for a 4 . If fours were blues with a chance for purple and orange they would be worth it, heck even if the chance for green was only 5% I would still go for it.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:03 PM
ok so the other thing I see is the bits price is way high for the box too. Its $5 for a box approx. That is high for no decent return. I would buy tier 4 boxes at $2.50 each or 200bits, but 400 is high IMO

Defy
04-14-2013, 08:05 PM
well partly its luck :)

ten4
04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
All I get is 4 greens from these every box. Nothing like grinding for hours on end and getting crap 100% of the time. Woot woot! Glad I won't pay a single cent for these.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
well partly its luck :)

I get the luck part, but how many time will the rat(gamer) hit the feeder bar(buy a box) before he just goes away?

I am not saying I expect an orange every other box, but I an sick of getting 3 greens out of a tier 4 and a blue and they ALL suck.

cost vs reward on the box is bad that is really all I am saying. Plus I was dropping in a suggestion as to a fix.

Ellia
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
pff dont tell me about it, what is the point of buying tier 4 lockboxes with real money when u get junk

no offence but it seems stupid, who is gonna buy t4 with real money (i bought quite a few, but no more now i see what they give)

TheShiningLily
04-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Just get the synergy boxes it is better. You will find better guns eventually.

Slay
04-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I got an orange rocket launcher on my first ever lockbox tier 4, almost 20 lockboxes later and nothing but a few purples now.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Just get the synergy boxes it is better. You will find better guns eventually.

I have never seen a purple drop from a fight. Blues are super rare as world drops. So the only way I see to get orange gear is to get boxes. If the boxes dont reward well interest in both them and the game will fade quick(I will stay, but others wont). So this is just a post for some good community feedback on tier 4 boxes without all of the "this tier is better than that one" stuff.

And how do mod boxes that primarily give the brutality synergy help?

Lyokira
04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
I have never seen a purple drop from a fight. Blues are super rare as world drops. So the only way I see to get orange gear is to get boxes. If the boxes dont reward well interest in both them and the game will fade quick(I will stay, but others wont). So this is just a post for some good community feedback on tier 4 boxes without all of the "this tier is better than that one" stuff.

And how do mod boxes that primarily give the brutality synergy help?

I see blues all the time, but admittedly I also run with both pinata and just reward. (honestly not sure how much they actually help, admittedly). It also helps if you're fighting tough/miniboss/elite enemies, those seem to drop better as well.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I really dont want to run a loot find build :( they always take away from my DPS/Tank build.

shtaco
04-14-2013, 08:44 PM
I had an orange drop.

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
I had an orange drop.
I mean from a lock box man, not the potty :) JK had to do it sry

superm4n
04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
I dont think green items should even be in a tier 4 box. I am tired of grinding out 64 keys only to get 3 greens in a box. I havent seen a purple come out of my last 4 boxes. And why do I keep getting multiple shotguns in one box? My last box had 3 and a pyro gren.

At lvl 800 I am still using a lvl 250 lmg because nothing I have found is better. The boosts have helped with in world item drops, but those only go to the matrix for keys because nothing good drops anywhere.

This is just my rant sry for any offence made. I really would feel better if greens were removed from the T4 boxes tho:D

I think is has to do with your level, there a thresh hold on item and the degree of rarity. for example i didn't get my first infector till like lvl 100 or something and i didn't get my first purple till like lvl 200. so i think your lvl has something to do between the type of weapon and the rarity. cause some high lvl blue weapon are better than low lvl purple and depending on your ego lvl and what the best available weapon the teir 4 box can be good or ****.

hardy83
04-14-2013, 09:04 PM
I thought a GM somewhere stated that Tier 4 boxes aren't suppose to drop green items?

Either way don't bother with Tier 4 at all right now. Tier 3 at most, though some people have shown that Tier 2 is the most cost effective in terms of how much look you get, and the chance of getting good loot.

TheShiningLily
04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I mean from a lock box man, not the potty :) JK had to do it sry

Childish but I still loled.

Lyokira
04-14-2013, 09:06 PM
I thought a GM somewhere stated that Tier 4 boxes aren't suppose to drop green items?

Either way don't bother with Tier 4 at all right now. Tier 3 at most, though some people have shown that Tier 2 is the most cost effective in terms of how much look you get, and the chance of getting good loot.

Not quite, when you factor the higher script cost. You can either sell weapons for script or salvage it, and T2 costs a lot more script than T3/T4, if I recall right.

EDIT: more script to key ratio I mean. cost-wise it's still more efficient that T3, but the 1% better loot might balance that. Of course, that depends on how the 1% is factored in..

Sarin
04-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Yep!

I f**king snapped when I bought it, I got 1 purple and 3 greens.... so bloody annoyed by that considering I could have bought 2xTier 3s for the same price and got 6 items with basically the same chance to get rares...

:(

DasRouse
04-14-2013, 09:30 PM
Yeah, my luck isn't good either. I do have a few purple ARs/LMGs I am willing to trade. Either for scrip or another weapon or a combo of both.

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Buddy of mine got 3 VOT Spanners in one T3 today. All Green. :p

Masked Man
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
My first Tier 4 I got an Orange Combat Shotgun and a purple Sawed Off so I can't complain. At least yet...

DrNoesis
04-15-2013, 12:55 AM
my first tier 4 (at ego 50) gave me an orange bolt action.... Messed me up for all kinds of skill levelling right there >.<

Since then I've never seen another orange either :(

Evilution
04-15-2013, 01:39 AM
Buddy of mine got 3 VOT Spanners in one T3 today. All Green. :pLol what a waste lmao, if he/she wants to level up BMG's I suppose it's useful, otherwise what a waste :p

Aranhawk
04-15-2013, 02:07 AM
Its pure luck on the boxes, but a tier4 will give a chance for orange gear, Ive opened around 50 of these boxes now , Had 3 orange items and around 15-20% of items are purple....If im not mistaken buying tier 3 boxes can offer purples but your chance on orange gear will mean your likely to open 300 boxes ....Its your gamble!!

illgot
04-15-2013, 02:09 AM
My first box I received random greens and a purple. Second box was 2 oranges and purples.

After that, about 10 boxes later, all greens and blues, one orange grenade. That was it in the last 10 boxes.

MrViewtiful
04-15-2013, 02:14 AM
I agree, Tier 4 needs better loot then green, or even Blue... Purple and that rare orange would be nice.

Tornad0s
04-15-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm playing since start (800+Ego) and i've bought ~20-30 tier4 boxes, and never seen orange weapon... We need better loot for orange!

Greyfox
04-15-2013, 02:23 AM
I had an orange drop.

Pics or it didn't happen

illgot
04-15-2013, 02:24 AM
honestly I would prefer no green weapons and instead place in green synergy mods.

seoulstar
04-15-2013, 02:26 AM
I've gotten an orange pistol, shotgun, and rocket launcher so far..maybe I'm just lucky...