PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the stats system please

kdalts
04-14-2013, 03:27 PM
I just don't get it,

I keep picking up stuff that is 550+, greens, blues and purps but they are still not as good as stuff I have at level 220. Got my 1st orange shield that only has 1088/70/6 (+10% fire rate) compared to my purp 1744/40/9.6

Is the orange better?

Is there some kind of multiplier or something I am not understanding?

Piavolchy
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
Good guns are good guns I believe that an orange guns are awesome well orange items but hold onto them because I believe your ego rank is more of a bounty rating or danger level rather than meaning your a god and can one shot anything. I recently went to the starter area for data recorder and noticed when I fraught the mutants they were easy because I've faced worse but they still took a bullet as if I was still just starting so I'd keep all orange guns.

alienoid
04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
The orange get an added resistance to fire, which is a nice addition.
On the stats themselves, the orange got less shielding value but regenerates it by 70% per second after a 6 seconds cooldown once depleted.
Which means, by the time this shield deplete and complete its regeneration cycle (6 seconds + 2 seconds to complete), the purple one hasn't yet started to regenerate (9.6 seconds + 3 seconds to complete).
I'd say the orange one, and usually even smaller cooldown like on respark shields, are good for PVE.
For PVP, I'm not a pro at PVP, but players tend to fire in burst, big damages at once, so a big shield value might be better.

I hope I was clear enough, getting late here ;)

Kerian
04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Got my 1st orange shield that only has 1088/70/6 (+10% fire rate) compared to my purp 1744/40/9.6

There are different kinds of shields. Tachyon, Respark, Ironclad, etc, etc. They have their strengths and weaknesses. You have to compare shields between their similar types, and then pick types based on what you want out of a shield. Resparks for quick regeneration, or Tachyon for a high shield amount. Here are some things to consider:

Damage Type Modifier (Some shields have built in resistance to stuff like Fire and Syphon.)
Bonus Mod (Pick one that fits your style of play, e.g. Fire Rate or Reload.)

Also, higher level shields of the same type will always have higher base shield amount. Respark at level 0 may have 1k, while a Respark at 1k Ego Rating will have 1150. (I forget, sorry.)

Consider item drops like those from an Action RPG like Diablo 3. You might get a sword drop with +100 intelligence as a Melee fighter, or you might get a +100 strength sword. Just because they are both 'Legendary' doesn't automatically make them better than a Green or a Blue.

Pick the shield that fits your gameplay style, (Respark for quick regen, blah blah,) then sort the drops based on how good they are.

kdalts
04-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the quick replies...

I guess my example was not the best one to use but thanks for the explanations.

I am more lost on the weapons. I'm finding level 560+ stuff now due to my ego rating but the stats are so much lower than stuff I have at lower levels.
Here is a better example:

(GREEN) FRC Heavy Scattergun (shotgun) level 269, value 2026.. stats: DMg 162x12, fire rate 1.8, mag 8, reload 0.8, accuracy 20, bloom 8: Bonus 1.15 crit rate

(PURPLE) FRC Sawn off scattergun level 580, value 5058, ... stats: DMG 242x8 , fire rate 1.5, mag 2, reload 1.4, acc 10, bloom 0.
Bonuses: 5% less damage while reloading, x0.90 reload, 10% EGO power recharge on full reload

The purple is lower on all stats

but the fact that it is lvl 580 does it make it better somehow?

Saboteur 6
04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the quick replies...

I guess my example was not the best one to use but thanks for the explanations.

I am more lost on the weapons. I'm finding level 560+ stuff now due to my ego rating but the stats are so much lower than stuff I have at lower levels.
Here is a better example:

(GREEN) FRC Heavy Scattergun (shotgun) level 269, value 2026.. stats: DMg 162x12, fire rate 1.8, mag 8, reload 0.8, accuracy 20, bloom 8: Bonus 1.15 crit rate

(PURPLE) FRC Sawn off scattergun level 580, value 5058, ... stats: DMG 242x8 , fire rate 1.5, mag 2, reload 1.4, acc 10, bloom 0.
Bonuses: 5% less damage while reloading, x0.90 reload, 10% EGO power recharge on full reload

The purple is lower on all stats

but the fact that it is lvl 580 does it make it better somehow?

Better? In what sense? The short answer is no the long answer has to do with what you're looking for performance wise between the two guns. I get that it'd be nice to be a standard cut and dry "Purple is always better than Blue which is better than Green, etc" but honestly, it boils down to the actual stats of each weapon.

Kerian
04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
@kdalts, you're again comparing two different weapons. Sawn Offs are not Heavy Scatterguns.

Purples have more bonus modifiers than Greens, as well.

mcwjimbo
04-14-2013, 05:27 PM
what stats?

there are no stats in the game that are not situational to the point you will need all the planets to align while unicorns dance around pooping gold plated strawberries while crossing your fingers and doing the hocky pocky to get any perk or so called orange weapon bonus to do anything more than add +1 more damage taken from someone

I joke, BUT...... :-P