PDA

View Full Version : Orange Weapons

Skandrannon
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Where in the hell are ya'll finding these?

I've been playing my *** off, and I've not found a single thing beyond purple. I buy T3 and T4 lockboxes, run side missions, storyline missions, and arkfalls. I'm usually in the top 10 in Arkfalls, if that factors into the reward, I'm not sure.

I've even done the ''little'' arkfalls that lead up to the major one solo. *It sucks, do not recommend*

Or is it just totally random, and I'm just not getting lucky?

PS. random question.. Why am I unable to put four mod slots on some weapons?

ThanatosPa
04-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I got 2 orange from t4 boxes, BUT that required lots of boxes. Also the oranges were things I dont use(infector and bmg)

as to the weap if it is equipped you cant mod it. and make sure your power is high enough

Dwane
04-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I got 2 orange from t4 boxes, BUT that required lots of boxes. Also the oranges were things I dont use(infector and bmg)

Atm are t4 boxes waste of keys. tier 3 boxes are more effective.

krayzgates
04-14-2013, 03:57 PM
only difference really is its costs less scrip overall to get tier 4 box...its costs 3000 scrip vs 2000 for tier 3...i agree though...i get tier 3 all the time :)

Skandrannon
04-14-2013, 04:13 PM
as to the weap if it is equipped you cant mod it. and make sure your power is high enough

One of them is a shotgun I found early on,with a Ego Requirement of 50. I'm in the 600's or so I think right now.

It has one mod on it, the other 3 I can't add mod slots for. I just don't get the option in the salvage matrix to add a mod spot.

Apparently you can't Add Mod Slots to something being used in a loadout....
I had this item in two .. whoops

Crimsondragon
04-16-2013, 09:10 AM
If you cant add slots to a weapon it usually means you have it equipped on one of your sets of gear. If you unequip the weapon you should be able to add/remove/salvage.

XxKarmaxX
04-16-2013, 09:17 AM
Something that I found out about the weapon boxes, tier 4 only has a 1.25% better chance than a tier 3 of getting a orange weapon. At 64 keys for tier 4 and only 24 for tier 3, I'd say 3's are the way to go, I've gotten a few oranges from them already, but yes, it does take A LOT of boxes. Very rare items. Don't give up :)

Tayce
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
Atm are t4 boxes waste of keys. tier 3 boxes are more effective.

This is my experiance aswell

globalob
04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
This is my experiance aswell

Wish it was my experience. I've bought tons of tier 3 and nothing, switched to tier 4 and 2 orange in 4 boxes, still thinking of going tier 3 again cos the logic seems sound, damn you randomness.

Orbital
04-16-2013, 09:24 AM
I've gotten 3 out of T4 lockboxes so far, 0 from lower ones

Dexter
04-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Yesterday I found an excellent spot with five nearby hellbug events very closeby, they respawn so fast that I don't have to wait when I finnished the last one. I got codes very quickly and got very excited cause I could by tons of T3 boxes.

After buying my 15th box of the day I gave up, not even a single purple. This is like mass effect 3 multiplayer all over again. Never seen an orange and I'm 1100+ ego, and I've been playing alot, not been focusing on pursuits, just quests. Farming hellbug nests and similar to buy boxes drains money very quickly when you salvage everything to buy even more boxes.

So that does it! T4 boxes from now on!