PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Find Out What Server I'm On?

Seth Winternight
04-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Is it global for all Xbox users, or do we get specific servers. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just curious as to how I can find that out. Mostly I want to know so I can make proper ads/trade/clan requests with the right server info.

Thanks.

Michifornian
04-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Is it global for all Xbox users, or do we get specific servers. I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just curious as to how I can find that out. Mostly I want to know so I can make proper ads/trade/clan requests with the right server info.

Thanks.

There are region specific servers.

North America, Europe, Asia, etc.

Michifornian
04-14-2013, 03:43 PM
If you're in England, you are on the EU server. So, if you have friends across the pond (here in the states), you can talk to them over XBL party, but you can't actively play Defiance with them in a group.

UberHaxorNova
04-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Where you live is your server so if your from uk or somewhere then your EU but if your from the US then your NA

Seth Winternight
04-14-2013, 03:45 PM
Ah right, EU server. Thanks a bunch guys.

Michifornian
04-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Ah right, EU server. Thanks a bunch guys.

No worries.

DavDoG
05-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Where you live is your server so if your from uk or somewhere then your EU but if your from the US then your NA

By any chance do you guys know what server Australian's are put on?
I too was wondering what server I'm on, so I can make proper ads/trade/clan requests with the right server info.
For AU is it Asia or EU? I'm assuming not NA (but then again I could be completely wrong)

FantasyMeister
05-20-2013, 01:29 AM
As far as I am aware all PAL territories (EU, Asia, AU) are rolled into one 'EU Server', and NTSC territories all play together on the 'NA Server'.

otonagamer
05-20-2013, 01:34 AM
I believe there's no Asian server. They only have EU and US server. Asians are automatically connected to EU servers I think. (whicn I think is wrong decision considering Asian lower ping to US servers)
You can use Inspect feature to check nearby players' gamer tag nationality. That's how I figured out I'm connected to EU servers. I'm in Japan and I never found player with US gamer tag in the game.