PDA

View Full Version : Hair style changes?

Screamshot
04-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Can you change your hairstyle in the game after you create your character? Like is there a barber shop to change appearance at, or anything of the sort?

Carsfanatic
04-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Upper left corner after the first screen on the character creator.

AZAG0TH
04-14-2013, 05:59 PM
He said after you create the char.
No, unfortunately, as of now there is no way to change a chars appearance after you finish making it.

I wish there was - I swear my char's mouth changed after I hit finish on it and didn't notice until a few hours in.

Insomnicide
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Once you notice those little 'things' with the character you've made, you don't see anything else.
I would love for a change in hair style, I would like my hair to match my ever changing outfit.

AZAG0TH
04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
You're right Insomnicide - Every single cutscene I look at his protruding lower lip - knowing, just knowing - that I did NOT pick it. lol

Hycinthus
04-14-2013, 07:39 PM
You're right Insomnicide - Every single cutscene I look at his protruding lower lip - knowing, just knowing - that I did NOT pick it. lol

Yes I am also particular with my character's appearance, and this happens not just here, but many other MMOs as well. Whatever you pick in character creation screen can be subtly different in game. MAybe it's the lighting? Maybe it's the higher texture in creation screen, but lower texture in game?

I really notice the protruding lower lip/jaw however, and looks annoying. So it's not just you.

ColdKill3r
04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
I ended up buying the "Operative" outfit with the "Mountain Tracker" headgear so my character would be hidden forever. Then I ended up creating in my mind a very nice background story. LOL

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-14-2013, 07:44 PM
I hope they add re-customization when they add the new race so that we don't have to re-roll entirely if we want to play as that one...

Shazoom
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Agreed, I hope they allow for character changes later on.

My guy looks way more Latino than he should when picking the 2nd lightest skin color... I think he got a sun tan in his ark hunter armour.

sp00s
04-14-2013, 07:58 PM
I would imagine it will be a cash shop option in the future.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-14-2013, 09:20 PM

As long as it is still an *option* I wouldn't mind that.

Mjokygele
04-14-2013, 09:35 PM
i wish they would allow you to mix up the outfits more not just the headpeice . hopefully when they do new patches they'll allow us to customize everything more indepth. i would like to have my charater seem less generic

Lambchops
04-14-2013, 10:00 PM

I would say this is inevitable. The question of course is when?

Rizaun
04-14-2013, 10:13 PM

Unless they make something like hairstyle, makeup and face paint can be changed using scrip, anything else requires bits.

Dazz
04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Agreed, I hope they allow for character changes later on.

My guy looks way more Latino than he should when picking the 2nd lightest skin color... I think he got a sun tan in his ark hunter armour.

IKR? My 1st toon looked fine in the creator and in the starter zone. As soon as he climbed over the wall with Cass he was like 3 shades darker. I deleted him and re-rolled a couple of shades lighter and he looks like he's supposed to.

Versteckter Geist
04-14-2013, 10:29 PM
Hopefully sometime in the near future they add a barbershop type thing.

I wouldn't even mind if it were in the cash shop (as long as there were NEW hair styles included).

Cruize
04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm hoping they won't Cash shop customization things. But I think they would, best bet is that they include the option to customize with resources as well.

InvaderJ
04-15-2013, 03:57 PM
I wish there was - I swear my char's mouth changed after I hit finish on it and didn't notice until a few hours in.

I spent a lot of time tweaking my character's head during creation. Immediately spent a few hours playing, then when I relaunched the game and got that big front view of my character, it looks a whooole lot different than what I spent time creating. Of course by then it was too late (TOO LATE) to start over, so I'll live with my now overly tanned skin, pursed lips… erf.

Stryfe
04-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes, the lighting, shadows and everything else seemed to be a bit off in the character creator, compared to actual game play.

I went from being tan, to black :D

Not bad though, as I am pleased with my toon's appearance in general.
With the harmony preacher getup and sunglasses, totally reminds me of Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist!

What bothers me most though, is there is/was no bald or shaved head look available.

Soldiers, mercenaries and outlaws, and having a shaved head is not an option? :D

EdgeTW
04-15-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm waiting for someone who has spent $50 on cash-shop outfits to drop into this thread and laugh at everyone who cares about cosmetics in a shooter. Come on.. you know it's going to happen. Give it another page.

I would like to see a barber shop too.

RickDeckard
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
It took Rift almsot a year to get a barbershop, so.. you may want to consider creating a new one if it bugs you THAT much.. otherwise tough luck!

Insomnicide
04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Yes, the lighting, shadows and everything else seemed to be a bit off in the character creator, compared to actual game play.

I went from being tan, to black :D

Not bad though, as I am pleased with my toon's appearance in general.
With the harmony preacher getup and sunglasses, totally reminds me of Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist!

What bothers me most though, is there is/was no bald or shaved head look available.

Soldiers, mercenaries and outlaws, and having a shaved head is not an option? :D

My characters skin color is more than a few shades darker then I thought I had chosen. It's a nice mocha color now, which is fine. I feel it doesn't go so well with Blonde pigtails.

AZAG0TH
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Well I am glad to see I am not the only one who this happened to. My GF made fun of my guy all the time (since she knows it bothered me lol). Then it happened to her when she rolled an alt so she finally knows I wasn't lying about features changing.