PDA

View Full Version : Watching Defiance from Random Countries

Smitch
04-14-2013, 04:56 PM
I am located in a country that currently does not seem to have Defiance on any channel (not even the horribly expensive one) and there were noises about finding ways for people who have the game to be able to watch the episodes from wherever they were.

Has anything come about from this? Is there any where I can (legally) get access to the show? (iTunes doesn't do TV in my area... :/)

Or am I just out of luck and wait for the Blurays to come out in 2 years time?

Defy
04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
maybe you could use a proxy?

Smitch
04-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Such as getting other locations to pretend I am in the States? Would that cause issues if the proxy stops working?

And having never gotten a show from teh Interwebs (usually just get the DVD's/Blurays of ones I like) I am unsure where to go and what pitfalls there are. :/

Natjur
04-14-2013, 09:24 PM
You could also proxy to OZ via http://www.sftv.com.au/

Sanguinesun
04-15-2013, 12:54 AM
Such as getting other locations to pretend I am in the States? Would that cause issues if the proxy stops working?

And having never gotten a show from teh Interwebs (usually just get the DVD's/Blurays of ones I like) I am unsure where to go and what pitfalls there are. :/

google mediahint for google's chrome browser. Its just an app for it and should let you watch on the US SyFy channel if it shows up there.

Otherwise if you google defiance pilot streaming (and then later the episode names or numbers as they come out) you can find a few sites that link to streams of the game(pilot is already out btw on streams). Bookmark the sites that give the best choices of streaming links. They do tend to have more than a few pop up advertisements but its not a big deal to just X em off and go from there(or use the multitudes of aps for browsers to block pop ups.

And lastly you can google free vpn and try some of them though they can be a little bit laggy.