PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get past the first step in the tutorial

sarbonn
04-14-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm at the crash site, I go to the first box, press E and then it opens. And then nothing. I can't update or figure out what I'm supposed to do next. I'm supposed to find some shield, but I can't seem to find it. Eventually, I just end up running out of ammo and serve as a target to get shot over and over again.

What am I supposed to do here?

Rizaun
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
The first box you open has your shield, then you have to open the inventory, click on the shield slot and equip the shield.

Ikagawa
04-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Hold E down?

Aimeri
04-14-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm at the crash site, I go to the first box, press E and then it opens. And then nothing. I can't update or figure out what I'm supposed to do next. I'm supposed to find some shield, but I can't seem to find it. Eventually, I just end up running out of ammo and serve as a target to get shot over and over again.

What am I supposed to do here?

After you go to the box and hit "E", hit "L" on your keyboard and you'll see an arrow pointing to your shield. Click on the shield slot, equip the only shield in the list, and exit the menu. Every time it tells you to get another piece of gear, do the same thing for that gear slot.

sarbonn
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
I press the E button. No indication of getting anything. And then I press the L button and nothing happens.

mcwjimbo
04-14-2013, 06:05 PM
HOLD E as a visible circle fills/ cycles through

not click E otherwise it just closes and you didnt grab anything

Aimeri
04-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Are you sure you're not trying to open an ammo box? Assuming you are on the correct box to equip your shield, what I said is step-by-step what you have to do. Just read it more carefully.

Ensu
04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
First: Go to the box with the orange mission tag.

Hold E on box to receive the shield.

Press L (or whatever you have remapped character sheet/loadout to).

Double click the empty box under the word Shield.

Double click the white shield.

Alternative:

Press I to bring up inventory list.

Double click the white shield/select the white shield and click the Equip button.

Eisberg
04-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Just in case you missed it, you need to

Hold Down E, a circle will fill up and then you get what is in side.

Hycinthus
04-14-2013, 06:23 PM
Did holding E work?

sarbonn
04-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes, it was the holding E thing that got me. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Ensu
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Quite welcome.

Do check my signature for Amber Fae's "How to" guide. It'll tell you almost everything you'll want or need to know about Defiance and its mechanics.

buttercup33pie
01-20-2015, 06:42 PM

What am I supposed to do here? I can open the box and get the shield but I can't equip it I play on ps3 so I use the D pad but there is nothing I can do. Its as if the items are frozen pls help

Tura Satana
01-21-2015, 08:14 AM
I can open the box and get the shield but I can't equip it I play on ps3 so I use the D pad but there is nothing I can do. Its as if the items are frozen pls help

Hmm.. highlight the leftmost box below your primary weapon and press x. This should bring up your shield inventory so you can equip it. However, I thought that when you first get the shield - EGO brings up the screen automatically with that box highlighted.

If this doesn't work, then something glitched and just delete that character and start over. Its not like you've gotten anywhere.

The original thread here is amusing. Are PC players not accustomed to holding down buttons or is this person just special?