PDA

View Full Version : Defiance : Snipe From The Shadows III

Nomad N7
04-14-2013, 06:12 PM
I just had to share this. Just had to share the RELIEF after getting this pursuit which was such a Bich to get

Dandrielas
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Nice. I just hate the backpack on it.

Ensu
04-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Fine work.

Doing my semi-automatic sniper training at the moment.

The moment I hit level 10 I'm turning them into green goo and never touching another.

Ikagawa
04-14-2013, 06:17 PM
I've still got like 2200 kills to go with the Bolt Action and all 10 levels for a Semi-Auto.

*sigh*

Beta582
04-14-2013, 06:41 PM
This is one of the most time consuming pursuits in the game. Congratulations!

ironhands
04-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Grats, and AWESOME choice for the music. Loved that track, goosebumps.

GingerOfLegend
04-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Congrats I got it as well but had probably an easier time I went to the crashed ship in the start and shot the mutants that ran at u (1 shot anywhere in body with bolt action) only took me 8 hours real boring though

Erei
04-14-2013, 06:46 PM
GZ, I want the outift, but the pursuit is really scary with the 5K kill.
But it's either that, or lvl10 in BMG to complete stout tactic, for an ugly outift.

Sigh...

Agonist
04-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Kinda hate you now. Congratulations. Loved the slowmo.

kirbs562
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Congrats I got it as well but had probably an easier time I went to the crashed ship in the start and shot the mutants that ran at u (1 shot anywhere in body with bolt action) only took me 8 hours real boring though

Wtf.. yea i would have probably shot my self after the first hour.

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Congratz. I had to put my work in for "Stout Tactics III" over a week ago. I love my Scrapyard Engineer outfit and I don't like the red and black retexture of it for the Defiance Store.

teflondon
04-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Grats! Got mine just the other day as well :) IT feels good being done and can use whatever rifle you want now.

Out51d3r
04-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Gratz. My typical loadout is cloak, bolt action sniper + pistol, so I'm well on my way to getting this as well(pistol skill is way past what I need already, and I've got about 2800 bolt action kills). The Semi-Auto sniper skill is what's really gonna take me the time.

Munx
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Hehe, Ill prob be done with this pursuit aswell as the lmg one today, wrapped up shotgun and Ar one yesterday, next on the list Living to kill v -.- getting those 5k assists will suck, only at 1k atm.

fishboy11
04-14-2013, 07:51 PM
just do the sniper trials, you can just repeat them over and over and theres waves of enemies and they dont shoot back

Ikagawa
04-14-2013, 07:54 PM
just do the sniper trials, you can just repeat them over and over and theres waves of enemies and they dont shoot back

But you don't get weapon skill exp.

Synthesis
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I want this so bad, i did everything except lv.10 semi snipers, im at lv.3.....Any tips on rapid gun skill leveling?

Dandrielas
04-14-2013, 07:55 PM
But you don't get weapon skill exp.

My weapon skills are already where they should be for the achievement, so that is not a concern of mine when I do the trials.

Munx
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Personally I am driving around the map with 2 vot bolters, doing dynamic events, fastest way I've found of doing it, without cheesing.

And the normal xp, aswell as roller/runner xp adds up quickly aswell doing this.

Nomad N7
04-14-2013, 09:55 PM
]Fine work.

Nomad N7
04-14-2013, 10:03 PM
asdasdsaadsdsaadsads

Burt Gummer
04-14-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm also working on this using a combination of cloaking and guerrilla tactics.
Boom... End. O'. Mutant.

Erei
04-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Congratz. I had to put my work in for "Stout Tactics III" over a week ago. I love my Scrapyard Engineer outfit and I don't like the red and black retexture of it for the Defiance Store.
May I ask how you did rank 10 in BMG ? They do crappy damage, like in really crap.

Munx
04-14-2013, 10:56 PM
The titles for the other ones are definatly meh, but I would say both the infantry hero and the scrapyard engineer are good outfits, especially infantry hero is awesome without helm.

And the underworld crimelord outfit is actually quite nice to since its all black, only issue is that god awful "backpack"

only missing 1 horrible bmg level now, then I focus my full attention toward snipe, REALLY want that mask:)

Edit: Erei, I am now leveling bmg's to 10 for the second time, the only semi-viable way is hulker or scorpion, and it will still take easily 5 times as long as lvling another weapon on random mobs.

I swore I would never use bmg's again after leveling it to 10 on my main char.. somehow i tricked myself into doing it again -.-

I highly suggest you do the other 3 combat pursuits first, they are ALOT less painful.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Congratz!!!

I still need to get started on it and need about 3700 kills and then i am done so allot of shooting ahead!
i did manage to complete running 10km with blur on yesterday though :P

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM
May I ask how you did rank 10 in BMG ? They do crappy damage, like in really crap. I Leveled my BMG at San Quentin's Raider Hulker boss. Just aim for the head and you'll do 140ish damage each tick, 180ish with maxed Overcharge. A BMG with bonus Charge or DMG Charge are good and having it modded for more damage helps also. Each Hulker gives about 20% of a bar percent on low levels and feels like 10% getting near level 10. It is a very long leveling process, not to mention the amount of BMGs you have to go through. I recommend Spanners (Regular and Protector) or a Tele-Spanner.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:08 PM
I Leveled my BMG at San Quentin's Raider Hulker boss. Just aim for the head and you'll do 140ish damage each tick, 180ish with maxed Overcharge. A BMG with bonus Charge or DMG Charge are good and having it modded for more damage helps also. Each Hulker gives about 20% of a bar percent on low levels and feels like 10% getting near level 10. It is a very long leveling process, not to mention the amount of BMGs you have to go through. I recommend Spanners (Regular and Protector) or a Tele-Spanner.

Don't you also lvl it up faster with healing people? or at least restoring their shields?

Malus Ferox
04-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Grats! The semi-auto thing is the most annoying. I have been using one since I started (now ego 881) and am only half way through 9. Haven't even started on the bolt action kills lol. Those are the only parts I have left though. It's gonna be a long grindful road now that I finished the main story line (mostly)

Also, nice using the Heeding the Call track for the BSG soundtrack. One of my fav quick tracks from the series.

Munx
04-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Tele-spanner is defo best if you can get the 9-10 you need to reach lvl 10

the range makes it easier, also they have much higher uptime.

NalkorRN
04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
I just had to share this. Just had to share the RELIEF after getting this pursuit which was such a Bich to get.

Get out of here, Stalker.

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 11:16 PM
Don't you also lvl it up faster with healing people? or at least restoring their shields?

All Weapon EXP is based on damage, for BMGs it's the amount of damage/healing you do. Doing damage with the BMG is faster than healing, because once you recover their shield that's it and if their HP is not full you only heal 10 HP each tick.

Tele-spanner is defo best if you can get the 9-10 you need to reach lvl 10

the range makes it easier, also they have much higher uptime.

I forgot to mention that too, the Tele-Spanner has the highest charge out of all the BMGs since it doesn't link to other targets!

Erei
04-14-2013, 11:17 PM
You do, if you heal them, you don't if they are full shield.
However, I was asking, to know which method is the faster, tested to tank and heal myself with the hulker, but it really took ages.
I wish lvling weapons would work on arkfalls.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, looks like I'm in for a good time (sigh).

Wynce
04-14-2013, 11:20 PM
Finished the bolt action skill from 1-10 in a few hours earlier. :D

Was kinda expensive.. only vendor I could find with semi sniper rifles were blue ones that cost like 2500 a piece.

Grats on your title! I'm working on my bolt actions now.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:24 PM
You do, if you heal them, you don't if they are full shield.
However, I was asking, to know which method is the faster, tested to tank and heal myself with the hulker, but it really took ages.
I wish lvling weapons would work on arkfalls.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, looks like I'm in for a good time (sigh).

no worries i share the same burden lol i just WANT to complete everything so i'm going to be in bad luck when doing BMG's xD

Munx
04-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Healing is definatly not a viable option for leveling bmg,it will take you atleast 5 times as long, I tried with healing when i went trough this the first time.

And while BMG leveling is the most horrible thing I've had to do in game so far, you only have to do it once (unless you are a dumbass like me, who decides to reroll -.-).

Speaking of which BMG FINALLY 10 again, now I just need 40 decoy kills and im golden :p

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Speaking of which BMG FINALLY 10 again, now I just need 40 decoy kills and im golden :p

Pre-Congratz sir, It is the most time consuming task and unfortunately I'm gonna have to do it for my alt in the future :( .

Munx
04-14-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah it was definatly worse since I had done it once before and knew what kind of a hell i was in for.. quickly tested some semi-auto lvling, and damn that thing shots up in lvls like crazy haha..

Wabbles
04-14-2013, 11:39 PM
I just got my Infector to lvl 10 and now I'm gonna have to work on Semi's soon, Sawed-Offs are on the backburner.

Munx
04-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Yeah infector wasn't to bad, atleast it had that cool-factor going for it.

Sawed-Off were quite the pain until i realised they profited big by face-hugging, the fall off dmg on sawed-off is extreme until it gets some levels.

Shootersa
04-14-2013, 11:47 PM
I just got my Infector to lvl 10 and now I'm gonna have to work on Semi's soon, Sawed-Offs are on the backburner.

Still have to do all of that tooT_T

Sarin
04-15-2013, 12:09 AM
Nice work!

Still don't think I'll change from my EMC helm with Spec Ops hero outfit. Really like the look of that though.

Actually on that S.T.A.L.K.E.R note, Spec Ops Hero with the Waster gas mask (I think, white one) looks like the mercs from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. :D

Munx
04-15-2013, 01:32 AM
So the other 3 are wrapped up, so finally time to focus on snipe, suprisingly only miss about 700 sniper kills by the time i finished the other 3.

However now I need lotsa semi-autos... hmm anyone found a vendor that sells them in theyr normal stock? dont recall seeing any myself.

Amonkira
04-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Nice - just got mine today as well ;)

Erei
04-15-2013, 01:38 AM
So the other 3 are wrapped up, so finally time to focus on snipe, suprisingly only miss about 700 sniper kills by the time i finished the other 3.

However now I need lotsa semi-autos... hmm anyone found a vendor that sells them in theyr normal stock? dont recall seeing any myself.
One of the hidden vendor of marin sell one, blue, fire damage, 2K scrips. I don't remember which one, it's either the one near the lake, or the one between Top Notch and Muir.

MarauderShields
04-15-2013, 01:56 AM
Well done i got this one done too and it takes forever i farmed the guys at the crashed ship for the bolt action kills and i played the scrapyard coop mission to death for the semi sniper one lol dam the outfits cool but the back pack ruins it for all the effort i was expecting something better it's still cool tho.

Munx
04-15-2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks erei, had to go hidden vendor route for sawed off aswell, oh well guees im throwing another 20k down the drain :p