PDA

View Full Version : Dear Devs: You Owe Me Something...

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Title is an attention grabber. Please don't mistake this as a demand.

Wanting to do a scrapper arkfall to complete a goal and get some gear, I headed to San Francisco. I invested my time soloing the first two sub-arkfalls of the major scrapper arkfall and then had some help finally tag along. We arrived to the Progenitor (however you spell it) and got him down half.
Quick interruption: The progenitor kept knocking us back to like 200m (similar to how an arm slams on the ground and knocks you back). It would knock us once, then we'd get back up, and it happened again and again. Huge bug.
With 1st firmly in my grasp (nobody could come close to prying it from my hands), I was just enjoying myself shootin' down some scrappers and waiting for the last repair cycle. But, then the progenitor froze. I knew what would come next... I timed out. Logged back in. Spawned in San Fran. Zero loot. No achievement. 30 Minutes completely wasted.

This is the 2nd time this has happened during a major arkfall. This is BS. I'd appreciate it if you guys could wave your magic wand and achieve my goal for me (maybe even compensate me for some loot...). That would be nice. Thanks in advance. Or not.

(Indeed a cool story)

oexto
04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
not

FuzzyAdmiral
04-14-2013, 06:15 PM
well that sucks...bro?

mcwjimbo
04-14-2013, 06:16 PM
thus why we have been given the 7 day boosts = to make up for everything so uhm, nope

also timing out might have more to do with your connection and nothing to do with trion at all

bossdevildogg
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
yep not going to happen your not the first and your not the last

Ikagawa
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Ikagawa/sheldon1.gif (http://s9.photobucket.com/user/Ikagawa/media/sheldon1.gif.html)

TheShiningLily
04-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Cool story bro.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:21 PM
thus why we have been given the 7 day boosts = to make up for everything so uhm, nope

also timing out might have more to do with your connection and nothing to do with trion at all PS3 has been having this problem... And a 7 day boost =/= a goal or loot. The 7 day boost was very nice and thoughtful, though. It showed that they were sorry for all the troubles.

Agonist
04-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Is this real?

If it is ... try the customer support? You'll likely get the same kinda response though.

Jack Johnson
04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
IMO, didn't get the kill = didn't get the loot.

If you killed the progenitor and then it bugged out and the event never ended that's one thing, but it sounds like you didn't actually kill it, it just became unkillable.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:37 PM
IMO, didn't get the kill = didn't get the loot.

If you killed the progenitor and then it bugged out and the event never ended that's one thing, but if you were unable to complete the event because something was making it too difficult to continue, you don't get the loot. If you didn't read, the timing out caused me to leave the game, thus making me unable to be present during the progenitor kill. I had more than enough contribution to get loot (and the goal - it's all about the goals).

Jack Johnson
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
If you didn't read, the timing out caused me to leave the game, thus making me unable to be present during the progenitor kill. I had more than enough contribution to get loot (and the goal - it's all about the goals).

Oh, you just timed out? Yeah definitely no loot. I thought you meant the progenitor was glitched out.

Froggyman
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
unfortunately, being disconnected from the game isn't really a reason to compensate you for not getting first, and missing out on your exp and points, especially given that the game is online, it isn't always going to be their fault that something like that happens to you.

I'm sorry it happened obviously, it sucks, but it DOES happen, and they don't owe you anything for having extremely bad luck.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:41 PM
unfortunately, being disconnected from the game isn't really a reason to compensate you for not getting first, and missing out on your exp and points, especially given that the game is online, it isn't always going to be their fault that something like that happens to you.

I'm sorry it happened obviously, it sucks, but it DOES happen, and they don't owe you anything for having extremely bad luck.Could be bad luck, and it does suck. But I do believe that timing out is a reason due to the fact that it happens to plenty PS3 players. I should add that the timing outs are usually followed by these boxes when trying to log in right after: "Defiance servers are busy. Please try again later." I also think the progenitor knocking us back for a minute is decent enough evidence to prove that it was possibly the server's fault. Though, this could just be a scrapper bug.

Froggyman
04-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Everyone times out occasionally. I'm not saying it isn't their servers, but it doesn't have to be either. If PSN goes down, you also wouldn't be able to play Defiance, even if their servers were up. Same thing would happen if XBL went down. The point here is that you are going to disconnect periodically while using the internet. It sucks, it can have the worst timing in the world, but it does not entitle you to anything you were doing when it happened.

Unless you disconnected every single time you went into an arkfall, and a bunch of other people did too, and there was a huge problem with it, you personally aren't entitled to reimbursement, as it's just bad luck.

Again, not trying to claim that the servers are 100% stable all the time, just putting a scope on it.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:52 PM
Everyone times out occasionally. I'm not saying it isn't their servers, but it doesn't have to be either. If PSN goes down, you also wouldn't be able to play Defiance, even if their servers were up. Same thing would happen if XBL went down. The point here is that you are going to disconnect periodically while using the internet. It sucks, it can have the worst timing in the world, but it does not entitle you to anything you were doing when it happened.

Unless you disconnected every single time you went into an arkfall, and a bunch of other people did too, and there was a huge problem with it, you personally aren't entitled to reimbursement, as it's just bad luck.

Again, not trying to claim that the servers are 100% stable all the time, just putting a scope on it. I appreciate your perspective and rationality. It's is a very reasonable insight. I'd just like to add that I wasn't required to log back into PSN (like you usually would if it went down), and you usually still receive loot after leaving an arkfall area, so long as you did some damage. Twas also my second major arkfall problem. I emailed customer support. Hopefully I could get some resolution there, or at least they'll be notified of the problem.

StingWraith
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
What is with all the entitlement with gamers these days? Do you know it was the server that crashed or did a 95 year old lady hit a relay box some where in Tuscaloosa that just happened to mess up your connection? The game is 10 days old for Christ's sake.

In short Trion owes you NOTHING. A half hour wasted, Jesus ****, what do you want your minutes back?

Get over yourself.

Night Stalker
04-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Why are video games so serious now a days?

Ikagawa
Why are video games so serious now a days?

Because stupid people piss off the rest of us.

TheShiningLily
srs bsns is srs

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
What is with all the entitlement with gamers these days? Do you know it was the server that crashed or did a 95 year old lady hit a relay box some where in Tuscaloosa that just happened to mess up your connection? The game is 10 days old for Christ's sake.

In short Trion owes you NOTHING. A half hour wasted, Jesus ****, what do you want your minutes back?

Get over yourself. Lol. 30 Minutes could be the difference between a shaven beard and an unshaven beard. Also, let's keep this a peaceful and rational thread.

Bioexorcist
04-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Dear Devs: You Owe Me Something...

^ Dev's probably saw this title and ignored it.

cfStatic
04-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Read the ToS, and EULA. Game is provided as-is, Trion doesn't owe you anything.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Read the ToS, and EULA. Game is provided as-is, Trion doesn't owe you anything. I also reserve the right to use the game or service so long as I don't break any rules. Such service is being denied with alleged server problems.

nitroz76
04-14-2013, 07:10 PM
This thread should be renamed to "I'm so entitled and heres why"

cfStatic
04-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I also reserve the right to use the game or service so long as I don't break any rules. Such service is being denied with alleged server problems.

Again, the game is provided as-is and they don't owe you anything for a glitch in the system that caused you to lose time invested. You can reserve all the things you like. That doesn't make you entitled to anything.

Jinn Goodman
04-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Again, the game is provided as-is and they don't owe you anything for a glitch in the system that caused you to lose time invested. You can reserve all the things you like. That doesn't make you entitled to anything.Alright buddy, you win. The title is an attention grabber. (Purchase of the game is an entitlement)